Home Main Category Clubhouse

Did you get anything cool from Santa?

13»

Replies

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Jay said:
    bisley said:
    I got a dart board.

I got a dart board also.  I've been tossing darts and having a few cold ones with my brothers-in-law now and then.  Only problem is, they each have a dart board at their house.  I didn't.  So they whooped my butt.  I made a comment that I was going to get one at my house, then they might have a problem whooping me so much.  Guess Santa overheard that conversation.

Other than that, I got a Cabela's gift card and the biggest thing; Mom shocked me by ordering a new Ranch Hand brush guard for my new truck..  :o  Feel very blessed and appreciative that she did that.
    I hope the shelf there is farther away from that board than it appears.  A dart can bounce a long way if it hits a wire.  For what it is worth, a thick rubber mat is also needed in front of the board to protect the floor for the same reason.  That said, what's your favorite game?  Mine is 501.

cpj, my favorite set of Bottlesen darts cost me $80.00 over 30 years ago.  BTW, they paid for themselves in one night...  B)
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,858 Senior Member
    Gila said:

I hope the shelf there is farther away from that board than it appears.  A dart can bounce a long way if it hits a wire.  For what it is worth, a thick rubber mat is also needed in front of the board to protect the floor for the same reason.  That said, what's your favorite game?  Mine is 501.

I did considered a bottle on that shelf maybe getting hit if one bounces over there.  Probably should just throw all those away anyway.  Just man cave decorations anyway.  As far as the floor, it's got carpet and padding.  The darts I've had bounce off so far just stick in the carpet.

We usually play Crickett.  Sometimes play 301, double out.  But since there's usually 3 or more of us playing, we like to do quick legs and just play Crickett so nobody is left out and bored too long.  Winner stays in, loser takes over scoring and rotate.  Whoever wins the most legs by the end of the night is the winner.  Pretty informal.  Just fun.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,858 Senior Member
    Guess I'll add, since we aren't all that good, 501 takes us too long.  lol  We can get through a game of Crickett or 301 fairly quick.  The double out rule sometimes makes the game run a little too long too.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    Way back when I played darts, leagues were 301 double in and out. Leagues were after work so didn't have time for 501....

The darts with the spring tips were the big thing back then......... supposed to keep it in the board if you glanced a wire.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    These are the darts I've playing with for over 30 years, and yeah, they're Bottlesen Hammerheads, 22 grams.

No good deed goes unpunished...