Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

NBC Had To Suck Eggs...

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,395 Senior Member
Yesterday at 1:52 pm, NBC announced President Trump was the only President not to visit Troops on Christmas Day since 2002. Trump was already secretly in Iraq... 
It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,367 Senior Member
    Oh, I think they've been egg suckers alot longer than this.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,505 Senior Member
    OOOORAW
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,620 Senior Member
    You know he kept it "hush hush" on purpose just waiting for them to pounce.
  • 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 320 Member
    One photo shows "Dubbya" visiting someone like it was staged while the troops couldn't get enough selfies with the trumps.  
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,348 Senior Member
    It is still his fault that we are in the middle of a Gov. Shutdown 
    Haven't heard if Congress and the Senate have accomplished anything today
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    I agree!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,348 Senior Member
    Congress and Senate should all be locked into work, meals brought in and they are not getting paid until this gets worked out. As of yet the senate has not sent Trump anything yet.  If he sends anything reasonable back it really is on him, as of now congress and senate own it.  I am with defense, so am fine, wife is furloughed and may not get her pay because of them playing games attempting to make Trump look bad, why should they get paid?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,105 Senior Member
    Lock the House and Senate in their chambers. Feed and water them three times a day, and install plenty of Port-a-Potties in the chambers. When they’ve smelled that wonderful aroma for a while, and had to smell each other’s sweaty bodies for a while, they might quit acting like 5 year olds desperately in need of a good whoopin’ with a belt, and start acting like the representatives of the PEOPLE they are supposed to be. I could say more about those worthless sacks of bull dung in the House and Senate, but it wouldn’t change the fact that they are worse than useless.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,446 Senior Member
    MREs...you feed them MREs....if they are good enough for the troops you know...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,349 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #11
    1hogfan83 said:
    One photo shows "Dubbya" visiting someone like it was staged while the troops couldn't get enough selfies with the trumps.
    I guaranty you the media didn't give "W" any reprieves either. They dogged him everywhere he went about everything he said. They just act like they're his buddes now, but some of us haven't forgotten and I'm sure he hasn't either.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,919 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Lock the House and Senate in their chambers. Feed and water them three times a day, and install plenty of Port-a-Potties in the chambers. When they’ve smelled that wonderful aroma for a while, and had to smell each other’s sweaty bodies for a while, they might quit acting like 5 year olds desperately in need of a good whoopin’ with a belt, and start acting like the representatives of the PEOPLE they are supposed to be. I could say more about those worthless sacks of bull dung in the House and Senate, but it wouldn’t change the fact that they are worse than useless.

They so easily forget the citizens of The United States of America are their employers, not their subjects.
    Jayhawker said:

Original MREs with dehydrated meat patties. Better yet, 'Green Eggs and Ham' C-Rations!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 said:
    Jayhawker said:

Original MREs with dehydrated meat patties. Better yet, 'Green Eggs and Ham' C-Rations!
    Hey, I liked green eggs and ham...........and the tuna.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Also 'Beans and Mammy Jammers'   
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,787 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #16
    I moved this post to a new thread - 'Border Security Shut-down'
    Big Chief said:
    Also 'Beans and Mammy Jammers'   

That's a polite description of what they were actually known as. Don't forget the round crackers that could be slipped in shirt pockets for body armor.
    Big Chief said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    Jayhawker said:

Hey, I liked green eggs and ham...........and the tuna.
    The fruit cocktail in one of those C-rats was really good. But that round chocolate wafer was just nasty! It tasted O.K. But was like a mega dose of Ex-Lax. You eat it all at one sitting and it was drizzling squirts time.

I liked the green eggs and ham, if it was heated up first. One of my duties as the APC driver was to ensure the batteries stayed charged; the poopyhead ossifers left on unnecessary lights and commo equipment. That Diesel engine sitting beside me in the driver’s position was right handy for heating up those C-rats. (Sitting next to that loud engine without hearing protection is probably another reason I can’t hear nothin’.)
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,787 Senior Member
    My dad used to laugh about the WWII era canned margarine that tasted great on crackers, but wouldn't melt enough to fry an egg.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,349 Senior Member
    Sitting next to that loud engine without hearing protection is probably another reason I can’t hear nothin’.)

Eh? What did you say?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    C-Rats?  I'd fight you for a can of Beanee-Weenies.....Pound Cake and Peaches for dessert...
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,367 Senior Member
    Guy at work said they used to use C4 HE burned in an empty ration can to heat rations. Can't remember if they were 'C' or 'K'? He said new guys would sometimes dive for cover upon witnessing the process for the first time.
    A little ball of C-4 will boil water in a flash...just don't stomp out the fire....
    Jayhawker said:
    A little ball of C-4 will boil water in a flash...just don't stomp out the fire....
    Did that a few times to heat up a cup of water for that nasty instant coffee in the C-rats. Knew better than to stomp out the fire. 'Shaky', our EOD guy, was adamant about not doing that. I got voluntold to be his helper a lot. Being a member of the E-4 mafia, I didn't have much say in the matter. Learned a lot from him, though. He WAS as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, though.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,467 Senior Member
    C4 would work fine, burns a little too hot, so you have to watch it from scorching your C can.  Got some good Cs, (spiced beef, pears, date pudding) and some bad (ham and eggs chopped, ham and lima beans).  Got some bad memories of beans and franks.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,161 Senior Member
    Pork slices with juices........ yep,,,, nope. Beans and baby richards were OK and the spaghetti was edible if you dumped the  sugar pack in.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    tennmike said:
    Jayhawker said:
    Did that a few times to heat up a cup of water for that nasty instant coffee in the C-rats. Knew better than to stomp out the fire. 'Shaky', our EOD guy, was adamant about not doing that. I got voluntold to be his helper a lot. Being a member of the E-4 mafia, I didn't have much say in the matter. Learned a lot from him, though. He WAS as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, though.
    An EOD guy named Shaky....that's some funny stuff but I can sure see how that could happen....
    Jayhawker said:
    tennmike said:
    Jayhawker said:
    An EOD guy named Shaky....that's some funny stuff but I can sure see how that could happen....
    He was a Vietnam vet and had some close calls. We got along mainly because I listened and did exactly what he said. He had a LOT of funny stories, too. He refused to ride with me in the  APC though, and I can't imagine why! :D
    ― Douglas Adams