6 customers draw guns on men attempting to steal tools.

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,926 Senior Member
    It will be interesting to see how screwed the shooters are now .
    No good deed goes unpunished .
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 4,085 Senior Member
    No way Im pulling on a store thief. They'd a caught those fools anyway.

If there's insufficient reason to discharge, there's no reason to draw.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,053 Senior Member
    From the article:

Marysville police Cmdr. Mark Thomas on Monday said it’s unclear if the other people involved fired their guns lawfully, as they left before law enforcement got there. Security footage showed one of them getting in a vehicle just as the first officer arrived, Thomas said.

“Anytime you’re firing a weapon in a public place, especially a few days before Christmas in a crowded parking lot, it is a grave concern,” Thomas said.

The department is asking those who shot at the car to come forward and provide statements.

The cops are looking to charge the shooters with something. I agree with early...no reason to confront a thief, no reason to discharge...however, I'm not turning myself in either. 
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,228 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    From the article:

Marysville police Cmdr. Mark Thomas on Monday said it’s unclear if the other people involved fired their guns lawfully, as they left before law enforcement got there. Security footage showed one of them getting in a vehicle just as the first officer arrived, Thomas said.

“Anytime you’re firing a weapon in a public place, especially a few days before Christmas in a crowded parking lot, it is a grave concern,” Thomas said.

The department is asking those who shot at the car to come forward and provide statements.

The cops are looking to charge the shooters with something. I agree with early...no reason to confront a thief, no reason to discharge...however, I'm not turning myself in either. 
    Yeah, and my gun would be long gone by now
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,774 Senior Member
    I 'm pretty sure that I would not shoot anyone who was not obviously trying to hurt or kill me, or someone else. Therefore, I think it would be un-wise to show a weapon before that was determined to be the case. Confronting the 'alleged' bad guys with weapons immediately puts them into what they will consider to be a self-defense situation, of their own. That would undoubtedly escalate the situation and increase the danger. The 'suspects' obviously did not take the threat of violence against them seriously enough to surrender, and the 'good samaritans' apparently were not committed to lethal force, which was what rendered then ineffectual.

But that's just me, and I don't necessarily condemn the actions of those who did draw weapons and did discharge them. They were there - I was not, and I certainly don't think that poor judgement, alone, in the face of danger, makes them criminals. It's fine with me that police want to talk to them...after they catch the known bad guys that actually instigated the whole incident.

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I would only come forward if the police published a blanket immunity from every conceivable jurisdiction. 
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,809 Senior Member
    It’s only for when I feel my life, or the life of another,  is in imminent danger. Theft is not mortal danger. Be the best whiteness take video and tons of photos. If the DB’s confront you personally for doing that then it’s a different story 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Squawk BoxSquawk Box New Member Posts: 63 Member
    Part 1: “He won’t shoot, run him over,” one of the suspects reportedly said.
    Part 2: Marysville police are asking for the people who shot at the getaway car to come forward.

Ha,ha,ha! They will shoot! And they did! God Bless America.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,295 Senior Member
    If it ain't my property, then not my circus, not my monkeys. Take video and pictures and be a good witness. If they start shooting people then it's a whole new situation.

If it IS my property, then there will be serious problems. And if they aren't armed, then I have no problem shooting out the tires, and laying waste to the driver's side instrument panel and the engine compartment.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.