Home Main Category Clubhouse

Please let it stop raining for a month or so

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,056 Senior Member
We’ve had 33” of rain since September. The grounds are saturated and there’s no place for the water to go. We got two more inches yesterday at the ranch.  Our one acre tank now covers 30 plus acres. The back half of the ranch is underwater. The tank has overflowed and has flooded the woods and two food plots behind the tank with 18” to 2’ of water. I’ve never seen this much water out here. 

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,160 Senior Member
    We got nailed by that band of storms last night, but not as bad as y’all did.  

Creeks were up up this morning.  Need to get up to the ranch and see if the cows need water wings
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,400 Senior Member
    That's a lot of rain! Average annual rainfall here in East TN is 46 inches. In 1994 we got 73 inches of rainfall. Your 33 inches of rain in just 4 months is IMPRESSIVE! On the bright side, your area should really green up in the spring. And if there's fish in the tank, I hope they didn't go out that overflow channel!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member

Amen, brother.  Amen.

It rained cats and dogs here yesterday.  At one time, it was raining so hard the cats weren't even landing on their feet.

Thankfully, today is nice and sunny, but windy.  That should help dry things out a bit.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,717 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #5
    Wow you need an AMTRAC
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,672 Senior Member
    It's been rainy in my area, but not as bad as you have it. Luckily our soil is quite sandy, so the surface water doesn't stay for very long.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Blue Bonnets should bloom nicely in Texas next year with all that rain.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    We have only had 51" this year & that is around 10" more than normal . Next week here the cold will be back 15 day &1 night . Could get interesting if snow comes too .
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,056 Senior Member
    edited December 2018 #9
    We average around 22" to 24" a year in rain fall.  We're up to 43.8.  We didn't have really measurable rain from the end of March to the end of Aug which made for a huge a drought.  At one point my tank was down almost 4'.  The last 33" were in the last four months.  Way too much over that short of span!

I'm afraid once the waters start to recede I'm going to be finding fish all over the back of the ranch.  I plan to drive around on the 4-wheeler once the waters start going down and try to rescue as many I as can find in the small puddles.  

Before the rains

This week

Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21