Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Border Security Shut-down

1789101113»

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Blah blah blah. BLAH BLAH BLAH.... BLAH!!!
    Again, the ALL CAPS do nothing to make your point. I understand the whole idea of systems and completely agree with you on that-- not specifically, but in general concept. That wasn't the bill of goods Americans were sold in 2016. It was a stupid wall-- that 347 men, women, and children easily defeated. And Mexico was going to pay for it. I believe the voters that supported Trump thinking that was a workable plan were very naive and were fed a giant load of crap. And sadly, they are still parroting the same crap--acting as if they repeat it enough times, it will somehow come true. 
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,826 Senior Member
    If walls worked, we wouldn't have had that problem. That is what I have been trying to tell you guys.
    We don't have walls, what we do have in some locations are fences of various types, from 15' high vertical steel bars to barbed wire, all in various conditions of repair.  In some locations it is easy to dig underneath them and in others it is easy to blow a hole through them with a cutting torch.  The concept is to slow down what ever is coming across long enough to allow agents the time to arrive for interdiction.  What the cartels and smugglers do is send diversions across at one location to get the intended whatever across at another.  The cartels also have spotters on the US side to direct the crossing traffic.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    Gila said:
    If walls worked, we wouldn't have had that problem. That is what I have been trying to tell you guys.
    We don't have walls, what we do have in some locations are fences of various types, from 15' high vertical steel bars to barbed wire, all in various conditions of repair.  In some locations it is easy to dig underneath them and in others it is easy to blow a hole through them with a cutting torch.  The concept is to slow down what ever is coming across long enough to allow agents the time to arrive for interdiction.  What the cartels and smugglers do is send diversions across at one location to get the intended whatever across at another.  The cartels also have spotters on the US side to direct the crossing traffic.
    ...which I understand. Go back to posts 356 and 361. I get it. What we are discussing is not the crap you were sold in 2016. Those were flat out lies. The wall Trump was proposing (and has now abandoned) was not a solution.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,348 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    ...which I understand. Go back to posts 356 and 361. I get it. What we are discussing is not the crap you were sold in 2016. Those were flat out lies. The wall Trump was proposing (and has now abandoned) was not a solution.
    Jerm we all love ya man, and we are pretty much on the same page.  Even Trump is no longer going on about the great wall of America.  His proposal is pretty close to what many agree on.

On the subject of the shutdown, lots of people are getting ready to miss their second pay check.
    Trump is far from my favorite person, but he is our President.  The other day Speaker Pelosi was ready to get on a plane and leave the Country for eight days. Ignoring the shutdown and spending several million dollars of tax payer money, while the Gov. is shut down.  DOD has a budget, that is why she planned to fly Mil Air. That is the problem.  Our Congress and Senate will do anything to make Trump appear bad.  It doesn't matter how many people are hurt. They yell and point fingers at Trump saying it is his fault while they do nothing.
    Why?  Because he is not one of them, the political elite that use their elected position to become filthy rich at the expense of the very people that elect them.  I for one blame them all, both parties, and will not vote for anyone that does not do something to resolve this no matter what party they side with
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    edited January 2019 #366
    I hear you Diver. In fairness, I disagree with the whole Pelosi thing-- she would have been back today with plenty of time to spare for the senate to get it together (and I did find Trump shooting down her trip very amusing), but that is entirely beside the point.

They really need to get their stuff together! While I do not question the professionalism, work ethic, and integrity of our TSA, Border Patrol, Coast Guard, and other agencies-- these folks need to get paid! Nothing good is going to come from this. They protect us.

There were a few days last month where I had to make my crew set home. Not because we didn't have work to do-- we had plenty of work. But because we got jerked around on pay and there was no money to put gas in the trucks to send them to work--let alone pay them. Screwing with people's pay is nothing to mess with. I am in that situation right now, but I made sure I paid my crew. My Christmas sucked. Bum Wine hasn't shipped? Guess why? Some jackass owes me a ton of money. I know the feeling. Get these people paid!

While I doubt it, I am hoping they get around to making political sausage tomorrow. At this point, I don't really give a crap how it comes out, I just want to see these people paid.

-Thomas Paine
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    But "build the wall" is such a catchy slogan to chant at rallys and at brown people!
    Almost as catchy as "everyone should have free healthcare and college tuition" is for your ilk. You never miss an opportunity to try and stir hate and discontent with your posts.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,105 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #368
    But "build the wall" is such a catchy slogan to chant at rallys and at brown people!
    Well ain't it odd that U.S. citizens of Mexican descent on the Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona borders are calling for some sort of barrier to stop the illegal immigration. They got here the right way, and don't appreciate the way the illegals are violating the law.

Anyway.

Here's the links to two reports on the border. Both have videos, and first one has multiple videos of the border and fencing/barriers, or the lack thereof. I have no doubt that you and Jerm will avoid clicking on them and doubt even more you'll watch the videos. They might educate and blow holes in that "Walls don't work" mantra you keep saying. And not giving any recommendations of your own on how to secure the border. Just a broken record or looped cassette tape saying "Walls don't work" forever.

And these aren't Right Wing sites by any means. Wouldn't want to be accused of cherry picking Fox News articles.

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Regarding those missing paychecks, here's some info the lame stream media didn't report.

― Douglas Adams
    And house Democrats voted to reopen the government. Nothing has happened in the senate yet. What is your point?
    -Thomas Paine
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,564 Senior Member
    Almost as catchy as "everyone should have free healthcare and college tuition" is for your ilk. You never miss an opportunity to try and stir hate and discontent with your posts.
    And we shouldn't forget the 70% tax rate, the confiscation of private property, confiscation of guns and dissolution of ICE that many of these left-wing morons want.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,368 Senior Member
    You're squeezing the peasants harder than we are!👉

Oh no, no, no, you're the one squeezing the peasants!👈
    And house Democrats voted to reopen the government. Nothing has happened in the senate yet. What is your point?
    The point is:
    That it was a single bill with no pork to pay government workers. IF it had passed in the House it would have been almost a sure thing in the Senate. Bills used to be single issue things with no pork barrel riders on them until Congress figured they could bribe the electorate with their own money.
    That it proves to anyone paying attention that the Democrats don't give a damn about the laid off workers; party partisanship is all that is important. The House and Senate are getting paid; screw the peons and serfs.
    The House voted to reopen the government without any concessions to the border security situation. More of 'Fancy Nancy' Pelosi's posturing at the expense of the entire nation. And she's also scared poopless of AOC and the Muslim women that got elected to Congress, one of them of Palestinian descent from Michigan that has a potty mouth. Nancy has to hold the line to not lose her power base to the radical Far Left.
    ― Douglas Adams
    And now for some comic relief.

― Douglas Adams
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,368 Senior Member
    I stumbled across this in a book Im reading.

https://oag.ca.gov/bi/fpleu

Interesting law enforcement related to border security. I don't know how effective it is over all, but it seems very clever to me.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,826 Senior Member
    I stumbled across this in a book Im reading.

https://oag.ca.gov/bi/fpleu

Interesting law enforcement related to border security. I don't know how effective it is over all, but it seems very clever to me.
    It's my understanding that law enforcement in Kalifornia will not extradite anyone with Kalifornia warrants from other states, even if the warrant states otherwise.  I suppose this happens according to the theme, "not here, not a problem"...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    South Texas is getting hammered with illegal aliens crossing the border. Nearly 9,000 so far this month.

― Douglas Adams
    edited January 2019 #379
    ...and the government is back open. At least until February 15th. Let's not do that again. Ok?
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,348 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #380
    ...and the government is back open. At least until February 15th. Let's not do that again. Ok?
    AGREE

How about a bill that if it ever happens again Congress, Senate and President are locked in a building until they figure it out and everyone else continues with work and life.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,505 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    AGREE

How about a bill that if it ever happens again Congress, Senate and President are locked in a building until they figure it out and everyone else continues with work and life.
    That has been done with congress before, just not with the President, too.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia