Home Main Category Clubhouse

Cut Cable Club..... what did you watch tonite??

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,969 Senior Member
    No matter what flaws that show had -- Sandra was a little cutie. ;)
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,677 Senior Member
    I'm watching S2, E1 right now! "Maya" is more my type!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    Ride Lonesome
    Randolph Scott.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,160 Senior Member
    Been watching Mythbusters with the kiddo.  Enjoying it totally
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,647 Senior Member
    The new one? Jr. Version?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    zorba said:
    Only because she can take on any animal form you scoundrel!  :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,160 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    The new one? Jr. Version?
    Nope.  The original
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    zorba said:
    Here's a trivia question for you Zorb.

In what episode does Catherine Schell make her first appearance on Space 1999? 

Bonus points if you can tell me what role she played.

Hint: Nice Outfit!  :o

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Bump
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,167 Senior Member
    Watched 'Solo' on Netflix. It was ok but I can see why it bombed at the box office.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Anyone keeping up with Project Blue Book?

edited January 2019 #43
    Watched Gone Are The Days on Netflix. OK Western movie, not something most folks would want to watch again.

Very SLOW parts, needed less talk and more action. Good plot, but the entire 1:39 could have been compressed into about 45 minutes.

All those movies with Doc Holiday slowly dying ain't got nuthin on this movie, you like watching someone coughing and spitting up blood  as he drinks "Cough Syrup"  (pure heroin the bottle label said) way too many scenes of him hacking away.

Then again, I guess that is the whole plot of the movie is for him to stay alive long enough to make things right with his daughter.

So, not sorry I watched it, some good acting and I give it 2 1/2 stars outta 5.

It has probably been reviewed on here earlier. Made in 2018.....sure made to Netflix pretty quick, unless it was made by/for them.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    The scenes of him hallucinating from the cough syrup and meeting Danny Trejo playing tricks on his mind were pretty good. 
    Maybe, I'll look it up later but right now I'm watching IP MAN season 1 with Kevin Cheng and Cecilia Han.

Completely in Mandarin but the subtitles are in English. It's actually a pretty good drama. If you pay attention.

When I want something simple, I'll throw in Ba Ba Blacksheep and relax.

• minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 774 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #46
    We have Hulu live so it’s almost like watching cable but not having to pay the cable price.  Man do cable companies rape you.  I watched Last Man Standing and Life Below Zero
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,647 Senior Member
    We have Hulu live so it’s almost like watching cable but not having to pay the cable price.  Man do cable companies rape you.  I watched Last Man Standing and Life Below Zero
    Can you watch the Wild lose or do I still need cable for that?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Watching Contagion right now. 

Everyone should watch this at least once.
     :# 

• minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 774 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Can you watch the Wild lose or do I still need cable for that?
    You can still watch the Wild lose
    Watched 'Contact' last night on Amazon. Had never seen it before. Thought it was pretty good. The late great John Hurt has an interesting role in it. 
    Is that Contact with Jodie Foster?

That's a good movie. It makes you think.

I'm going a different route right now. I'm watching a Space 1999 marathon. 

Zorba got me nostalgic for that show again. Watching Breakaway, first episode.

:o 

Spk said:

I'm going a different route right now. I'm watching a Space 1999 marathon. 

Zorba got me nostalgic for that show again. Watching Breakaway, first episode.

:o 
    I'm about halfway through the second (last) season.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Finished season 2 of Ozark. Good but they could have done the whole season in 3 episodes it was so slow.....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    Watched Speed Kills tonight. (John Travolta). Not worth the buck fity Redbox charged.
    zorba said:
    When I'm done with Space 1999, I'll have to revisit another Gerry Anderson cult classic:

Remember this one?

Btw, you still haven't answered my trivia question.

Hint: Nice Outfit!  o

zorba said:
    I'm actually watching something - Space:1999. Almost done with the 1st season (of 2). Forgot how beautiful the sets are - and how hokey the FX!
    It would help to know where you are watching it.
    Spk said:
    zorba said:
    When I'm done with Space 1999, I'll have to revisit another Gerry Anderson cult classic:

Remember this one?

Btw, you still haven't answered my trivia question.

Hint: Nice Outfit!  o
    Don't know anything about "UFO", I'll have to check it out.
    I remember that Schell appeared in at least one episode of season 1 as "somebody else", but don't remember the details without going to look it up again - but her outfits were always nice!

jbp-ohio said:
    zorba said:
    I'm actually watching something - Space:1999. Almost done with the 1st season (of 2). Forgot how beautiful the sets are - and how hokey the FX!
    It would help to know where you are watching it.
    I started watching season 1 on YouTube, but then switched over to "Internet Archive" - just finished the season 2 episode I remember best: https://archive.org/details/Space1999.Series1_201602/Space+1999.S02E12.+The+AB+Chrysalis.mp4.
    Video quality ain't great, but watchable.

Season 1 episode 8: The Guardian of Piri.

She plays "servant to the Guardian" and she's a fembot!

Good Times. 😁

I know you're jealous of the outfit.
     ;) 

Spk said:
    Season 1 episode 8: The Guardian of Piri.

She plays "servant to the Guardian" and she's a fembot!

Good Times. 😁

I know you're jealous of the outfit.
     ;) 
    I might even be able to wear that - I don't think it has any darting in the top. But that skirt's scary short!

Clean Skin on Amazon Prime is worth a watch.

British agent hunting a terrorist cell down in London.
    I like Sean Bean, he's a good actor. Might give it a whirl once I'm done with these other shows.

https://www.amazon.com/Cleanskin-Sean-Bean/dp/B078ZDV1KN

B)