Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    I bet the po-po will be doing a lot of knocking on doors after the time to COMPLY WITH FIREARMS REGISTRATION passes. Folks out there need to get a recall election for all the city board members started and oust the little fascists/communists trying to disarm them.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,667 Senior Member
    Good for them! Always shows the smaller the gov't entity, the more crooked they are!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    We have a town called Boulder? They probly want Fred and Barney to certify their clubs. The whole place sounds certifiable to me.

The speaker for the Colorado legislature was aired yesterday saying the new Democratic majority is under no obligation to the Republican minority. Rhetorical posture, or substantive warning? We'll see.
    The speaker for the Colorado legislature was aired yesterday saying the new Democratic majority is under no obligation to the Republican minority. Rhetorical posture, or substantive warning? We'll see.
    Wow. Just wow. I'd take that as seriously as Mein Kampf - I always take rhetoric seriously. You have to.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Did not know a city could do this. A few local city officials tried this in Florida and found out they would be removed from office if they proceeded.
    The peoples reaction is not surprising at all.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Like I said, crooked little local gov'ts.

Diver43 said:
    Did not know a city could do this. A few local city officials tried this in Florida and found out they would be removed from office if they proceeded.

Maybe somebody from Colorado can chime in as to whether Colorado has a state preemption law that doesn't let cities make laws contrary to state law. I think FL is like that.
    ― Douglas Adams
    We don't have that here.😞
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    In KS there were a bunch of half-assed local gun ordinances before the preemption law was passed...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Diver43 said:

Maybe somebody from Colorado can chime in as to whether Colorado has a state preemption law that doesn't let cities make laws contrary to state law. I think FL is like that.
    Florida is like that. The mayors that wanted to ban AR-15s were told that they would be fined 10K, spend I think it was 90 days in jail and relieved of their position.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    I'm unfamiliar with the Boulder area and I'm too "meh" to research crime stats for the area... is crime bad there?  

Basically, I'm wondering if folks actually think they'll be positively affecting the crime situation, or are they pulling a Dick's (😉) and going for the brass ring of virtue signaling?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Boulder is big college/university town. Politicians want to look child safety conscience and avoid potential liability. Not to mention PC.
    Early, unrelated question. Is there still a huge U.S. government printing office in Boulder, CO? I remember getting stuff from them from time to time a long time back.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 336 Member
    In those old westerns and such with signs that have the "No guns in the town of" I just want to nail up the the second amendment.  Didn't Colorado do a recall on a state official after she voted to limit a mag capacity?   
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19
    tennmike said:
    Early, unrelated question. Is there still a huge U.S. government printing office in Boulder, CO? I remember getting stuff from them from time to time a long time back.
    I'd need to check on that. Hasn't crossed my radar.
    1hogfan83 said:
    In those old westerns and such with signs that have the "No guns in the town of" I just want to nail up the the second amendment.  Didn't Colorado do a recall on a state official after she voted to limit a mag capacity?   
    Yes, was a big deal in the news.
    It is a sad thing that a person takes an oath, and then immediately wipes their butt with the oath, and the state and/or the U.S. Constitution. It has become so common that no one even takes notice anymore. They a. didn't fully understand the oath, or b. never intended to honor it in the first place. Either way, they c. need to have their butts kicked so hard that they have to part the hair on the back of their heads to take a poop.
    ― Douglas Adams