This Panic to Terminate a Presidency...

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,353 Senior Member
This panic to terminate a presidency has nothing to do with his conservative principals, economic successes or character flaws, and everything to do with burying the truth about the lengths to which our government has migrated towards tyranny... dcc
It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,252 Senior Member
    I don't think its in anyone's best interest to attempt to impeach the President.

It does, however seem like political leverage is being sought through rhetorical innuendo indicative of intent. It's bad business.IMO
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,768 Senior Member
    Nothing good will come of an attempt to impeach the President. I can see it bringing on some serious violence, though.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Billy_BuddBilly_Budd Posts: 572 Senior Member
    The ruling elite has no love for our nation and the Constitution that defines us as American citizens. They will stop at nothing until America is destroyed from within. Even worse, the conveyor belt of common core academia is producing mindless sheep who will, without question, lick the boots of their masters.   
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,054 Senior Member
    The ruling elite has no love for our nation and the Constitution that defines us as American citizens. They will stop at nothing until America is destroyed from within. Even worse, the conveyor belt of common core academia is producing mindless sheep who will, without question, lick the boots of their masters.   
    If you mean by the "ruling elite" meaning the left-wingers and RINO Neocons, I completely agree.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,078 Senior Member
    As I recently read:  A new revolution appears to be on the horizon.  However, one side has like a trillion bullets and the other side doesn't know which bathroom to use!

They should be very careful about starting something they can't finish. IMHO
  • Squawk BoxSquawk Box New Member Posts: 59 Member
    It is a power play, to see who is in charge, and I think that the President will come out on top.
    I hope that hundreds of Deep State traitors go to prison, before this is finished.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,053 Senior Member
    I do not see anything that merits impeachment at this time.
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 851 Senior Member
    As much as I dont like the man for various reasons, he is our president and should be treated as such.  So far I have not seen anything that would warrant impeachment.  Oddly enough he seems to be one of the few politicians with the balls to attempt to do what he campaigned on.  I have to give him credit for that even if I dont like everything he does or how he goes about it.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,586 Senior Member
    pjames777 said:
    As I recently read:  A new revolution appears to be on the horizon.  However, one side has like a trillion bullets and the other side doesn't know which bathroom to use!

Yeah but how many of the owners of those bullets can see without their contacts/glasses, hike more than a mile without sitting down every 5 min to catch their breath or survive more than a few weeks without their medications? I've seen first hand how long it takes many on this board to get into a comfortable shooting position. Young people can be trained to shoot. Old people can't be made younger. I think both sides would be best advised to cool their jets.  
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,092 Senior Member
    Those who would impeach Trump should be VERY careful what they wish for. I for one, do NOT want a Pence presidency.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Frivolity makes a pretty wheel if its spun fast enough, but it won't survive the transparent due process of law.

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,543 Senior Member
    pjames777 said:

Yeah but how many of the owners of those bullets can see without their contacts/glasses, hike more than a mile without sitting down every 5 min to catch their breath or survive more than a few weeks without their medications? I've seen first hand how long it takes many on this board to get into a comfortable shooting position. Young people can be trained to shoot. Old people can't be made younger. I think both sides would be best advised to cool their jets.  
    I'm pretty sure that every one of you "younger people" learned whatever it is that you think that you know from "older people".
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    pjames777 said:

Hell, I may be slow, but I can start the engagement at 500 yards. And I got 20/20 eyesight and I'm in my mid 60's, too. M1A is heavy, but it's darned accurate. And I don't need all day to get comfortable to shoot, either.
    And a lot of the opposition to the Left are veterans that have been shot at before. It will be a whole lot of 'age and treachery beats the crap out of youth and enthusiasm'. And for that reason alone your last sentence makes sense, for the Left, anyway. :D
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Lol! Your comment speaks volumes on your arrogance and inexperience. I'm guessing you're in the 25-35 age group? Yes, we may be old but it is always the elderly that teaches the youngsters on how to get the job done. Come up to Nome sometime and see just how many old farts are mining, fishing (commercial) or participating in the Iditarod. Google Norman D. Vaughan sometime. 
    Just the seismic gyration caused by mass movement from the Fox news tv screen to the guns should be warning enough. ;)
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,353 Senior Member
    Alpha is just spouting the liberal line. Ignoring that a significant number of the "persisters" vs the "resisters" are avid outdoorsmen, hunters, "gatherers" and adept at good old fashioned redneck fun. If it were ever to come to a shooting war, it would be similar to the "War Between the States," as in middle America vs the coasts. Also, the military would refuse in large numbers to fire on their own people, and would defect with their equipment and arms... 

Of course the first events will be against the people and the police much like what we're seeing in France and much of Europe. It's an awakening. We would do well to learn two things from it. 

#1. When you let the government have your guns, you are forced to use clubs and bottles and rocks...

#2. When you let the government have your guns, you have to take drastic measures to acquire guns. The police won't like the result of that... 

There's also a 3rd lesson you learn. Anyone... regardless of the firearms forums they frequent, who identifies as a liberal progressive, will have a decision to make. It may need to be a very quick one... 

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    Alpha is just spouting the liberal line. Ignoring that a significant number of the "persisters" vs the "resisters" are avid outdoorsmen, hunters, "gatherers" and adept at good old fashioned redneck fun. If it were ever to come to a shooting war, it would be similar to the "War Between the States," as in middle America vs the coasts. Also, the military would refuse in large numbers to fire on their own people, and would defect with their equipment and arms... 

Of course the first events will be against the people and the police much like what we're seeing in France and much of Europe. It's an awakening. We would do well to learn two things from it. 

#1. When you let the government have your guns, you are forced to use clubs and bottles and rocks...

#2. When you let the government have your guns, you have to take drastic measures to acquire guns. The police won't like the result of that... 

There's also a 3rd lesson you learn. Anyone... regardless of the firearms forums they frequent, who identifies as a liberal progressive, will have a decision to make. It may need to be a very quick one... 

Well said! Spot on. 
    Just progressives and liberals that frequent gun forums???
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,327 Senior Member
    Follow a bit of US politics and from my "tropics" location (Where we have 4 ex-presidents with a foot in jail and another one seeking refuge in the US for pretty much the same corruption scandal, and the current one under Congress investigation for links to the same case) all these turmoil and constant impeachment threats are what is locally know as "political gymnastics", and since the loud operators of the left and their media partners are constantly blabbing about the matters that make the news, not to wonder why such fuzz.....they are doing their "job"!

Problem is that current POTUS isn't one of the usual "players" but an outsider that not always plays "by the rules", and with his flamboyant, controversial persona he contributes even more to the constant "setting of the prairie on fire".
    Just progressives and liberals that frequent gun forums???
    Early, they are the ones who will have to decide if they are onboard the people's train, or the government's. When the burning starts, everyone has to declare. Some of the "Good-Old-Boys" will lose their courage, but the ones who don't aren't going to wait long for liberal to make up his or her mind. 
    February 7th will be interesting.

Cohen's testimony currently remains exclusive and unsupported.

As such, we're left with show without go. Politically, show may give greater mileage.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    edited January 19 #24
    pjames777 said:

I will put anybody here on this forum including myself up against a bunch of millenial snowflakes any day, and WE have guns.

Also, when we don't get our way, or some bad event takes place we don't need stuffed animals to sooth our feelings. If they try to hurt us or our families or mess with our stuff, we will take a very dim view of it and we will hurt them back.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Part of the divisional schisms that exist in our country are intentionally exploited and intensified by politicians for reasons obvious to anyone of mediocre intelligence. It might be well to remember that directed group disparagement is by it's very nature rife with inaccuracy, falsehood, and dissimulation. 

The grave nature of impeachment versus small 'd' democratic process demands transparency. Said transparency should be in all likelihood sufficient to avoid whole sale riot, and revolt.

Just sayin'.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,092 Senior Member

Part of the divisional schisms that exist in our country are intentionally exploited and intensified by politicians for reasons obvious to anyone of mediocre intelligence. It might be well to remember that directed group disparagement is by it's very nature rife with inaccuracy, falsehood, and dissimulation.

Yep. Used and refined to perfection by "uncle Adolf" back in the day.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 932 Senior Member
    Apparently Trump has a yuge announcement tomorrow at 3pm. Wonder what it’s about?
    National security, closing the border coz of the two caravans headed this way... 
    And ANOTHER few thousand people contemplating premeditated breaking of immigration law while studiously passing up these places they could apply for asylum, green cards, and the whole mess. They don't want to obey the law; they'd rather break the law as law means nothing to them.

Anyone attempting to illegally enter the U.S. is not exactly presenting the character one would desire here. We got plenty of native born criminals; no need to be going and importing them.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,725 Senior Member

Red Vs. Blue? I'll take that bet.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 388 Member
    Saw yesterday on twitter that the left clowns are actually thinking they will get to install Pelosi as President "if" they manage to take Trump down. Went viral for a while under #presidentpelosi hashtag