What guns are you thinking about or have already bought this year?

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,751 Senior Member
    So, this happened two days ago.... more to follow. 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,928 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    That would be on my .45 Colt short list, new or used, looks new?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Elk creek said:
    That would be on my .45 Colt short list, new or used, looks new?
    It’s new..... my LGS got a stupid buy from a wholesaler andnthey passed it on to me. Still took a bit of horse trading. 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,928 Senior Member
    Do they have any more from that stupid buy?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 844 Senior Member
    I'm building a 6.5 06 at the moment, after that I need another 30 06 to replace the one that's been butchered to make this, so thats two.

Then I've been thinking about this, nearly all I own now is , range , dial, shoot ,a new 30 06 will sort that for normal hunting.

I'm now thinking 22 250 again
    point and shoot to three hundred, flat, fast, .....miss that.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,601 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    Now that is a mountain gun.
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Do they have any more from that stupid buy?
    Sorry no. Your going to cringe....$735 our the door. 
    Elk creek said:
    Now that is a mountain gun.
    That’s the plan....😉
  • North ForestNorth Forest Member Posts: 311 Member
    Right now DSA is offering an Israeli version FAL for very reasonable that I'd love to have, and I'd also like to have a Browning Hi Power 9mm.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,508 Senior Member
    I have a hankering for an AR 10 variant, after shooting one over Christmas break.  Also, for some strange reason, I need a Marlin 336 in 35 Rem.
    Otherwise, finish my 260 build when the stock shows up, and begin a 338-375 Ruger build, if I can find reamers.  Restock my 340WBY.

• WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    jbohio said:
    I have a hankering for an AR 10 variant, after shooting one over Christmas break.  Also, for some strange reason, I need a Marlin 336 in 35 Rem.
    Otherwise, finish my 260 build when the stock shows up, and begin a 338-375 Ruger build, if I can find reamers.  Restock my 340WBY.

35 rem.....You need brass ?
    Lgs has some $10. per hundred.
    I've never enabled before.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,855 Senior Member
    edited January 20 #43
    I have some builds that have been planned, but are not quite ready yet-No pics.
    I will list the chamberings: 223 Rem, 6.5 Creed, 26 Nosler, and 375 Chey-Tac.
    The 26 will be up first.
    How about you guys???
    Let's talk about guns!
    I'm still working on my 2018 build, the 7x57. MHS sent me a stock for it that required a little extra fitting. But it's a nice straight grain walnut. I'm going to get that done, I need to bed it in because I had to take out some wood from key support areas to make it fit. But I don't care because this stock is just So 7x57.
    It's a perfect match.

As for this year, I have one build pending. I want more than ever after letting my mind wander through the world of .30s and 6.5s, to build a 6mm Remington. If I don't I'll go around wishing I'd done it. It's one of my all time favorite cartridges. And in the Yugo action It will have room to breathe.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,272 Senior Member
    jbohio said:

Should have spoke up sooner, just sold one this past weekend. Had 3 rifles in 35 Remington, 2 Marlins and a Remington 141 pump. Gave one Marlin to a niece, sold the other. 

Sako 
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,837 Senior Member
    Really trying to cull some long guns this year. Just have too many that I don't see myself shooting.  

Would like to add a paper punching 6.5 and maybe a nice sporting auto loading shotgun. Maybe a S&W Victory. 
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,067 Senior Member
    I was bad last night.  I bought a Bergara .308 online last night (pics to follow) leaving me the following for Texas Whitetails.  The two .308s are for me and the .243 is for the wife/kids.
    1) Bergara .308
    2) Kimber Hunter in .243
    3) My Pretty M70 Featherweight in .308.

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,483 Senior Member
    Some kind of 20 gauge for wife and her girls, would a little O/U or auto loader 
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Elk creek said:
    Hey very nice. That thing will take any .45 Colt load you can stuff in it and will be a real kitten with regular loads.

Congrats.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,695 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

I also have a .45ACP carbine. It's a Mech Tech CCU ( carbine conversion unit) on a 1911 lower frame. It's a hoot to shoot, and if you have a 1911 pistol gathering dust, well worth the price, and they make them for several chamberings for the Glock pistols. No excuses if you have either pistol that you don't shoot a lot and want a carbine in that chambering.

I didn't know those things existed, now I have another item on my list. I have my late 80's race gun collecting dust in the safe and I was thinking of putting a new barrel and slide on it to build a crew served carry piece out of it. It's a highly modified P-14 in .45acp with a Clark barrel and comp and Redbuff mount for a red dot. It's huge and weighs a ton with the 17 round mags and the thought of turning it into a carbine has the gears spinning.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member
    I am broke.................Dont intend to buy any guns this year............And I dont shoot the ones I have as much as I would like....................I have a plethora of .22 rifles...............And my cheap Norinco copy of a BRNO outshoots all the other .22's I own by a country mile....................so I have closed my mind off to any form of enabling that any of you could possibly come up with...............

But I do like the look of the new Tikka T1XMTR 22 cal bolt action........................

Ok, ****, You guys have talked me into getting one.

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,430 Senior Member
    orchidman said:
    I am broke.................Dont intend to buy any guns this year............And I dont shoot the ones I have as much as I would like....................I have a plethora of .22 rifles...............And my cheap Norinco copy of a BRNO outshoots all the other .22's I own by a country mile....................so I have closed my mind off to any form of enabling that any of you could possibly come up with...............

But I do like the look of the new Tikka T1XMTR 22 cal bolt action........................

I don't think anyone said anything. That was the quickest self-enabling I have ever seen! And I am quite good at it.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,855 Senior Member
    I was bad last night.  I bought a Bergara .308 online last night (pics to follow) leaving me the following for Texas Whitetails.  The two .308s are for me and the .243 is for the wife/kids.
    1) Bergara .308
    2) Kimber Hunter in .243
    3) My Pretty M70 Featherweight in .308.

Nice collection there Fester, I'd say you are well fixed for any deer or hog in Texas.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,558 Senior Member
    edited January 21 #53
    Well heck. Darn Rural King ads.......didn't have to wait long at all. Three xtra mags has to be worth $100 and on sale for less than I have ever seen a XDS......

Ordered.... $12 shipping to my local Rural King for free FFL.

https://www.rkguns.com/springfield-xds-mod2-9mm-w-range-bag-5-total-magazines-xdsg9339br18.html

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    RK Guns has some great deals in their email specials. 

Congrats, range report when you can.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,420 Senior Member
    My plan for this year is training and ammo, but I do have an itch for a 7mm Rem Mag that I may scratch. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,558 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    RK Guns has some great deals in their email specials. 

Congrats, range report when you can.
    I would say there is no lull in handgun sales now. Most of the pistols on RK's website are sold out
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    orchidman said:

Oooooh! That's a sexy looking rifle, and with the threaded muzzle, you would be all set for some fun shooting! Get it! You only live once! :)
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,665 Senior Member
    Wife and I took a ride across Alligator Alley and Went to Rural King today.  Had a small budget seeing the Holidays just ended and the wife is getting ready to miss her second paycheck.
    They had a Windicator .357mag on sale that I wanted to take a close look at. No deal, they didn't have one.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Weatherby said:
    35 rem.....You need brass ?
    Lgs has some $10. per hundred.
    I've never enabled before.
    $10 per hundred?  Heck yes!
    sakodude said:

Should have spoke up sooner, just sold one this past weekend. Had 3 rifles in 35 Remington, 2 Marlins and a Remington 141 pump. Gave one Marlin to a niece, sold the other. 

Sako 

****!  Just my luck.  What did you value them at, what condition were they in?
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,272 Senior Member
    jbohio said:
    sakodude said:

Sako 

****!  Just my luck.  What did you value them at, what condition were they in?
    The one I sold was an early 2000 crossbolt safety model 336 CS in very nice condition that I sold locally for $350
    The Remington has been so much fun to shoot that the marlins were collecting dust.

Sako