What guns are you thinking about or have already bought this year?

Replies

• das68das68 Posts: 469 Member
    edited January 26 #92
    snake284 said:
    das68 said:

I have been thinking a lot about these since I saw them

trouble is single kidneys do not fetch what they did on the deep web

would anyone loan me a first born child?

will gladly pay them back payday

I'd be afraid to shoot it. Might mar that finish. I'm anal retentive enough with my cheap Citori. I say cheap because everything is relative. I paid nearly $600 for it whole sale back in 1983. Beautiful gun but not quite on this ones scale.

just a matched pair of spanish working guns

and they are worked.

what about throwing this one over the back of the land rover tailgate

1880 28 bore by George H Daw

completely restored by ex Purdey  / H&H workmen.

he's been offered over £45,000 for it

he is still out shooting with it

History is littered with wars which everybody knew would never happen.

Enoch Powell

• GilaGila Posts: 978 Senior Member
    I've been wanting me a .22 wheel gun for a long time, but couldn't bring myself to paying more for one than I paid for my Mark III.  Well, I got an email the other day from  Davidson's notifying me that they had an Heritage Rough Rider .22 LR / .22 magnum combo on sale, so I ordered it.  Hopefully it will be at the dealer's at the beginning of the week, and I'll get to find out what I got myself into.  It's my understanding that Heritage revolvers are great guns for the price.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    Also , and I may be committing sacrilege by posting this on here, but I'm going to buy myself one of those Japanese made winchester  30 30's this year

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,978 Senior Member
    I had a fixed sight Heritage Rough Rider with cheap white fake pearl grips. Traded it off and wished I hadn't have. It had the extra .22 mag cylinder. 5" bbl.

Man that thing would shoot, a 'Natural' pointer. I could look at a spot in the house or object on the range and lift it up as I cocked and it was dead on. Never had a revolver that would do that before at any price.

It ain't built like a Ruger Single-Six, but for the price point.......

It has a neat Tear Drop safety on the left side rear of the cylinder. I know some hate it, but it never bothered me. Just flick it. Cool too.... if someone got a hold of it that shouldn't they wouldn't know about the safety and it would give you time to react.  

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Range report when you can.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,657 Senior Member
    I wasn't planning on anything, until I heard about the 350 Legend.
    It's sparked an itch that I'm probably going to have to scratch later this year
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,634 Senior Member
    I bought one of those late last year & only had time to shoot it once .... but liked it .
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    I think I need to start a search for a 7x57 Mauser now. 

Seeing as the 6.5x55 itch has been scratched. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    Big Chief said:
    Will do.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    edited January 31 #102
    In the process of bedding the 7x57 barreled action into the stock. I'm putting the Vortex 4-12x40 scope on it. I need to hog out the barrel channel a little more too so nothing touches. Rechecking my financial situation that's probably going to do it for this year. But the 6mm build is still on for the future.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    edited January 31 #103
    ojr said:
    Also , and I may be committing sacrilege by posting this on I nese made winchester  30 30's this year

Not a damned thing wrong with a Japanese made gun these days. I have a Howa I wouldn't trade for anything. Since the 70s the Japanese have been into quality and they do it very well. Go for it ojr, I don't think you'll be sorry.

I've got a Winchester made in the early 80s that's an angle eject or i'd be looking too. It has an old straight 4X Redfield scope on it I bought back in 1966 with my Model 70 push feed Post 63 Model 70 .270. When I upgraded the scope on that I put the Redfield on the .30-30.

I think it's a bunch of Ca-Ca about scopes breaking up the lines of a lever gun. I think the right scope makes it a 200 yard gun with Hornady Leverrevolution ammo.

Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 375 Member
    I just bought a M&P15 for the wife, M&P15-22 for my youngest son and ordered a Weatherby Element 12ga. Was tossing around the idea of a Benelli, but decided on the cheaper of the two because it will be easier to explain when the Sig 227 comes in.
    Axe said:
    I just bought a M&P15 for the wife, M&P15-22 for my youngest son and ordered a Weatherby Element 12ga. Was tossing around the idea of a Benelli, but decided on the cheaper of the two because it will be easier to explain when the Sig 227 comes in.
    Did you get the 28" barrel Weatherby?  Please let me know how it handles, how it feeds and stuff.  It might make a good quail gun.  My local shop has it for $572.95, which is a dangerous price for an autoloader for me.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,046 Senior Member
    It ain’t as pretty (or light) as the Kimber .243, but my new (to me) .308 Bergara should be a great companion to it.  The scope is 4-12 x 50 Meopta (Cabelas branded).  

Note: I wish more companies offered thier rifles with synthetic stocks like the one on my rifle.  Instead of a flimsy plastic stock, Bergara uses a glass fiber reinforced stock that feels almost as solid as a wood stock. 

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,410 Senior Member
    edited February 3 #107
    jbp-ohio said:
    So much for that idea............

Email from Rural King........

''Hello, I regret to inform you that the item23936051 you ordered is currently out of stock. We have made every attempt to obtain them to complete your order but have been unsuccessful. So, at this time we will need to cancel the order. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you. RKGUNS.com''

That sucks! Great price for that package. I would have gotten that over the XD (no mod) I just got for $299.
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 375 Member
    Gila said:
    Axe said:
    Did you get the 28" barrel Weatherby?  Please let me know how it handles, how it feeds and stuff.  It might make a good quail gun.  My local shop has it for $572.95, which is a dangerous price for an autoloader for me.

I did. It is going to be a general purpose gun, mostly duck and pheasant. Im picking it up tomorrow and probably going to the range afterwards, will let you know. I paid $600 and change, but for an autoloader, that's pretty cheap. Usually I think $$$ when I hear Weatherby, but this was very reasonable. 

• 88Glock88Glock Posts: 7 New Member
    Thinking about one of them new Glock 48s, just not sure I like the slide color that much.
    Maybe wait til they make it in black?

Well, I wasn’t planning on this one. Just kinda happened. 
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,978 Senior Member
    Zee said:

Well, I wasn’t planning on this one. Just kinda happened. 
    You have to be happy with that!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Big Chief said:
    Well the weather finally got nice enough to take my new Heritage Rough Rider .22 mag to the range.  I set a target up at 50' and sent 27 rounds at it.  It holds 9 rounds for those wonder why 27 rounds.  It is stupid accurate!  It took me a couple rounds to figure out elevation because of the type of sights it has, but once there it was dead on.  BTW, I wasn't shooting paper because I wanted instant feedback.  I will say that is a pain to load and unload, but that's something I can live with.
    edited March 4 #113
    Sounds good. They are a lot of gun for the money.

All single actions are slow to load and unload, part of the fun.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,727 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Zee said:

I hate the 7-08 so I’m gonna buy a gun chambered in a less than/equal too round because it’s classic. 
    Sayin. 
    I have a 7x57 that is built on a 98K Mauser action. It gives up NOTHING in speed to the 7mm-08. I don't load it to the 96 Mauser 7x57 specs. Choose an action that will handle the pressure and it isn't something to sneeze at!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Big Chief said:
    Sounds good. They are a lot of gun for the money.

All single actions are slow to load and unload, part of the fun.
    Not slow, a pain.  The loading gate does not line up squarely with the cylinder bore.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    I got this for Christmas. Finally had a range day with it and was quite surprised in its
    shoot-ability considering its a .45. Put 200 rds through it including Gold Dots with out
    any feeding issues. Very happy with it, now looking for IWB holster

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,724 Senior Member
    Zee said:

😈
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796242989
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,046 Senior Member
    I just bought a Dead Air Nomad.  Now, for the ATF wait.
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:

😈
    That price is absurd. 
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,724 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:

😈
    That price is absurd. 
    Agreed! If I recall I paid $650 ish for mine. 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    edited March 11 #121
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:

😈
    That price is absurd. 
    Agreed! If I recall I paid $650 ish for mine. 
    Shut your face hole.