What guns are you thinking about or have already bought this year?

Replies

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,751 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:
    Elk creek said:
    Zee said:
    I think I need to start a search for a 7x57 Mauser now. 

Seeing as the 6.5x55 itch has been scratched. 
    😈
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796242989
    That price is absurd. 
    Agreed! If I recall I paid $650 ish for mine. 
    Shut your face hole. 
    Mmmm mmknnmm mmmmm🤣
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,729 Senior Member
    I have TWO ongoing sagas of ordering guns gone wrong.  When they come to an exciting conclusion, I’ll let you know
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,855 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    cpj said:
    Zee said:
    I think I need to start a search for a 7x57 Mauser now. 

Seeing as the 6.5x55 itch has been scratched. .2
    I hate the 7-08 so I’m gonna buy a gun chambered in a less than/equal too round because it’s classic. 
    Sayin. 
    I have a 7x57 that is built on a 98K Mauser action. It gives up NOTHING in speed to the 7mm-08. I don't load it to the 96 Mauser 7x57 specs. Choose an action that will handle the pressure and it isn't something to sneeze at!
      I think if you have a long enough throat in a 98 or one of its derivatives you can scare hell out of .270-.280 velocities with it. I'm excited about mine and I'm thankful now that MileHighShooter talked me into it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    Apparently there is a S&W 625 in my future.
  • RaftermanRafterman New Member Posts: 6 New Member
    I just bought a Dead Air Nomad.  Now, for the ATF wait.
    Merry Christmas to you. Hope it's not longer than that.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,928 Senior Member
    Rafterman said:
    I just bought a Dead Air Nomad.  Now, for the ATF wait.
    Merry Christmas to you. Hope it's not longer than that.
    Welcome, hey.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    If I'm not washed away by my neighbor's pond tomorrow when the rain hits AGAIN, I'm going to take Friday off and go to the LGS and see if they have a double barrel 'coach gun' in 20 ga. preferably with outside 'rabbit ear' hammers. If they don't but have a 12 ga. I can live with that. Since I reload all my shotshells anyway, I can make them all light powderpuff loads. No reason a shotgun has to kill at both ends.

Speaking of that neighbor's pond that is UPHILL from me at about 90 feet difference in elevation, he'd better get that mess fixed. His overflow is clogged with downed trees and brush, and the overflow is now a cut in the MIDDLE OF THE DAM, and it's eroding pretty fast. If that thing turns loose in a big way then he and I are gonna have some serious conversation when it washes me out into the road.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

tennmike said:
    If I'm not washed away by my neighbor's pond tomorrow when the rain hits AGAIN, I'm going to take Friday off and go to the LGS and see if they have a double barrel 'coach gun' in 20 ga. preferably with outside 'rabbit ear' hammers. If they don't but have a 12 ga. I can live with that. Since I reload all my shotshells anyway, I can make them all light powderpuff loads. No reason a shotgun has to kill at both ends.

Speaking of that neighbor's pond that is UPHILL from me at about 90 feet difference in elevation, he'd better get that mess fixed. His overflow is clogged with downed trees and brush, and the overflow is now a cut in the MIDDLE OF THE DAM, and it's eroding pretty fast. If that thing turns loose in a big way then he and I are gonna have some serious conversation when it washes me out into the road.
    Tannerite.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,090 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    tennmike said:

Tannerite.
    Nope, use one of those candles Mike...  :D
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    Gila said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Tannerite.
    He's bigger and younger than me. I don't think I could get a dose of tannerite or one of those 'candles' shoved up his butt unless I used the old tried and true Louisville Slugger anesthesia first! :D
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

tennmike said:
    Gila said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Tannerite.
    He's bigger and younger than me. I don't think I could get a dose of tannerite or one of those 'candles' shoved up his butt unless I used the old tried and true Louisville Slugger anesthesia first! :D

No, no, no, the overflow you ninny. 
    CHIRO1989 said:
    tennmike said:
    Gila said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Tannerite.

I don't waste my stuff on silly stuff like clogged dam overflows that don't belong to me. That's just silly. Dislodging his head from his alimentary canal terminus wouldn't be wasteful, though. :D

tennmike said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    tennmike said:
    Gila said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Tannerite.

I don't waste my stuff on silly stuff like clogged dam overflows that don't belong to me. That's just silly. Dislodging his head from his alimentary canal terminus wouldn't be wasteful, though. :D

Sounds like you'd have to hit him in the wallet to get his attention...  :o
    Gila said:
    Sounds like you'd have to hit him in the wallet to get his attention...  :o
    If the dam turns loose, then that's an absolute certainty. :)

tennmike said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    tennmike said:
    Gila said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Tannerite.

Fine, sleep with your water wings on, tannerites cheap compared to a house.
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Termites have pretty much taken over this old farmhouse. I'm moving back up the ridge this spring/summer, anyway. If the dam turns loose I'll just have to move a little sooner than anticipated.

tennmike said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Termites have pretty much taken over this old farmhouse. I'm moving back up the ridge this spring/summer, anyway. If the dam turns loose I'll just have to move a little sooner than anticipated.
    Again, tannerite >:)
    Procrastinated today and didn't go to the LGS. So I'll be going tomorrow. I want that double barrel coach gun! My birthday present is going on three months late!

No joy at the big LGS on the coach gun. May go to Chattanooga and check them next week.

tennmike said:
    No joy at the big LGS on the coach gun. May go to Chattanooga and check them next week.
    Try this:

https://galleryofguns.com/
    Gila said:
    tennmike said:
    Try this:

I'm kind of funny about guns. If I can't see it 'in person' I don't want it. Hard to get any of the LGSs around here to take delivery on one ordered from somewhere else, too.

tennmike said:
    Gila said:
    tennmike said:
    Try this:

I'm kind of funny about guns. If I can't see it 'in person' I don't want it. Hard to get any of the LGSs around here to take delivery on one ordered from somewhere else, too.
    It doesn't work that way.  Davidson's is a wholesaler, so after selecting something on their web site,  enter your zip code, and all of the dealers within whatever radius of your zip code that's been selected, the dealers they do business with in your area will appear together with all the info needed to do the transaction, including prices, various fees and taxes.  The order is actually placed with the selected dealer.
    Friggin web site.  Edit no longer functions.

I forgot to mention the lifetime warranty that comes when doing business with them.
    If I can't see it in person, I'm not going to buy it. And you'd be surprised about what some of the donkeybutt dealers around here do with 'special order' stuff. I can go in and special order something from THEM and get it at a decent price. Order and pay someone else and have it sent to them, and the 'funny charges' start piling up.

I can find one either in Cleveland, Chattanooga, or Knoxville, or around Crossville. Just have to check the places when I am forced to go to one of those towns for something. And then take a LONG HOT shower to get the stink off when I get home! :D

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I ordered from Gallery of Guns before. Like Gila said the price you see online is what you pay, the LGS can not charge you a penny more. You put a deposit online and they tell you what is due at pick-up. It includes all fees and taxes. I don't remember if you pay more for a background check or if it's included. Print out the invoice and take it with you.

The LGS agreed to that price and have to honor it. You pick how far you are willing to travel, 25, 50 or whatever miles. A list and location will come up, most prices are within a few bucks of each other, but shop around some are way out from the others. You can refuse pick-up if you find something wrong with the gun too. You have the right to examine the gun before you proceed. The LGS has to ship it back. I don't know all the ends and outs of that.

Good program.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,602 Senior Member
    I like to play "what if" on Gallery of Guns. The same LGSes come in with the lowest prices every time. One of them is an easy drive for me, we bought one of my wife's revolvers through GoG and this shop. I could save another $10 or so by driving 20 miles one way, but why bother? Everybody else is significantly higher.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    I'd probably do that on an AR or some 'plastic fantastic polymer wonder gun, but not a wood and steel gun. On those I want to see it in person. Being raised in the country I'm averse to that 'pig in a poke' thing; gotta see the goods. I'm not desperate to get that coach gun; I can wait. With Spring and warmer weather I have to go to a few places anyway to get stuff for planting, and I'm looking for a piece of used equipment for the farm, so that requires I go to the bigger towns. The local dealers think their farm equipment stuff is solid gold and is priced accordingly. While I'm farm stuff shopping I can hit all the local gun stores and probably find what I want, and do the 'touchy feely' on the firearm in question.
    The three LGS I'm most familiar with locally have two prices for firearms background checks; the one for special orders and in stock, and the one for those where they just receive and do the paperwork. I checked that out a few years ago, and it's still the same.

• kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    edited March 20 #149
    You could come visit me, my local lgs has one. I have a different problem sometimes. I go into the lgs and ask if he has something and sometimes he doesn't but we discuss it a little. Next week I might stop in and he'll say look at what showed up. He is really good at enabling. 
    You could come visit me, my local lgs has one. I have a different problem sometimes. I go into the lgs and ask if he has something and sometimes he doesn't but we discuss it a little. Next week I might stop in and he'll say look at what showed up. He is really good at enabling. 
    Would I be required to bring my boat? The rivers out there are running a little high. And theI-40 bridge across the Mississippi river was built by the low bidder. :#  :)

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    I have some builds that have been planned, but are not quite ready yet-No pics.
    I will list the chamberings: 223 Rem, 6.5 Creed, 26 Nosler, and 375 Chey-Tac.
    The 26 will be up first.
    How about you guys???
    Let's talk about guns!
    I gotta save, but I want a Ruger GSR in 450 Bushmaster. 

Ruger has also reissued the Safari M77 in 9.3x62, but it’s got a glossy blued 24” barrel rather than the ones from 2010 that had a 22” satin stainless barrel. So...dreams smashed on that gun/caliber again. 
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers