CPL Frustration

KMT2KMT2 MemberPosts: 294 Member
I am on day 38 of waiting for my govt issue lic for conceal carry. 
Now I have spent over the last 12 years near 12k in getting one. It seems that one case with two misdemeanor offenses was a bad thing. I finally got a good LAwyer(note if you are in Mi and need one please IM me Ill give ya his info. He is a gu nut and is very knowledgeable).
He had two years ago was able to remove one of my misdemeanors through expungement. Which allowed me to get my Medic Lic. The other due to some screwed up MI law was not able to be removed. But hey the worst of the two was removed. 
SO I did the training class, put in the paperwork back on Dec 13 and should have got he cpl card for Christmas. It seems that the powers that be are being stupid. The good thing is on Day 46 of waiting I can go live with carry. Bad thing is they can still pull it later due to they are still looking into my back ground. What it is is someone cant read the law and are awaiting for a response from some one else. But that person does not know the laws either and don't know how to read.
 Heck I am not a lawyer and can read and understand Michigan MCL and laws. 
I feel that I'm going to be going through a bit of more expensive to get this. I am not amused. Good thing is the Lawyer will not charge me an arm and a leg. Just only my first borne and 5 pints of Blood. I just hope he does not mind the blood being someone else's. (love being trained in paramedicine. 
Just a question for anyone in MI. Does anyone know how long after the original 45 days, where i am now carrying per the receipt , can the state come back and pull it?
 I'm not finding the information. Which is making me a bit peeved. Id not like to have them pull it like a year from now , cause they said oops we read it wrong, or  oh this is what we believe it should be.
 Which would more than start a legal case that either county Kent or Oakland would not like, let alone MSP who gave me one in 2007, but Kalamazoo said no. 

Sorry for the rant.
 Kevin
If you think OHSA is a little town in Wisconsin you may be in trouble!
Peace is firing my guns or 60 feet below the surface of the water.

Replies

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 924 Senior Member
    Given our current governor and AG, I wouldnt risk carrying without having the actual CPL in your possession.  This state isnt always the quickest about informing people that their CPL has been revoked.  I know a few people that found out by chance that they had been revoked, for various reasons, several months prior and had no clue.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,657 Senior Member
    My Texas license took around three months, the first time.
  • KMT2KMT2 Member Posts: 294 Member
    Well that wold be an issue for the state and a judge to decide if I was in the wrong. I would forgo a house to place it in front of the State supreme court. When I play I play to win not just place or show. I wrestled for way to many years and love being the underdog, cause I have been over looked many times and well I seem to win. But I will discuss with the Lawyer that's what he gets paid for. 
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,613 Senior Member
    Great lake state?
    Great wait state?
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,227 Senior Member
    I would wait a week and worry about it then. This may be a big nothing burger.
    I would wait a week and worry about it then. This may be a big nothing burger.
    True. but it is just pissing me off to no end. 
    It seems when I want something I must wait , but when everyone else wants a piece of my. I have to give it to them before they ask and not get thanked for it.

And people wonder why i am not cheerful and nice anymore. 
    On day 40. still counting. I'm happy but yet a little upset. 
    Funny thing is the Ruger #1 only had a 14 hour delay, same ****  they look at so im confused. 
    Today is a federal holiday. I wouldn't be waiting by the mailbox today.
    yup but  it goes against the 45 days. so, its all good. 
    Some how i see them saying something on the govt shut down . 

Cough....

Are you enjoying the CPL that came in the mail today Kevin?
    Yes I am.
     It should not have taken up until the last week but yes I am. Happy.

Cough....

Are you enjoying the CPL that came in the mail today Kevin?
    Now to the rest I have recived my CPL card yesterday. I first thought i did not receive it. I had patted down and flexed the mail some to see if there  was anything ridged. I did not feel anything. But when I looked at th email closer inside, I re did it. Well it was in there. 
    It has been a very long and very expensive struggle with ths. near 12 years and well over 14k with training and legal fees. 
    But I am happy now.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Glad to hear you finally got it! Sometimes the wheels of government turn really, really slow.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,560 Senior Member
    edited January 23 #14
    Glad I don't have to jump those hoops...

After 3 years in FL, I went to the sheriffs office to get my Ohio license again. SInce my old one was good until August of this year I just paid $5 to get a address change. They printed it out right there in the office.

That is why I always voted for this sheriff even though he is a Democrat. He took the CCW license laws seriously and put the money into good equipment.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    tennmike said:
    Glad to hear you finally got it! Sometimes the wheels of government turn really, really slow.
    Yes, Yes it does. 
    Now on to the next item a full time position some where. 
    Hope you find that full time position soon, too. Looks like there would be positions open for what you got trained to do up there. Just keep being persistent and putting out that resume.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,071 Senior Member
    Michigan ambulance services are in a real hurt for people...because, basically, nobody wants to do the job anymore...of course it would help if they would pay them for doing a job that takes over your life and runs on the theory of use 'em up and throw 'em out.
    My best friend is a senior medic in Northern MI and is making a stunning $18.50 an hour. The highest paying EMS job I know of is Mackinaw City at $24.00 per hour..

Honestly...a "career" in EMS nowadays is a non-starter unless you're working for a Fire Department.

Best advice I have is to keep at the school thing and get your RN while you're working in pre-hospital care...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker, I  have to get over to a local , fire department and discuss with them.
     Not having ff1 and ff2 does make it a problem. 
    I am considering the RN path.
    But the inorganic and organic chem is a killer . 
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,071 Senior Member
    FF 1 and 2 are pretty easy to find...the only problem is time...
    As far as the chemistry classes are concerned.... you're a smart guy and I know a bunch of RNs who are idiots, soooo
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,940 Senior Member
    KMT2 said:
    Jayhawker, I  have to get over to a local , fire department and discuss with them.
    Take those classes by themselves so you can focus on one thing and get a tutor, I am sure there is a coed out there that will take your money :)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    What they said about taking the chem classes separately is good advice. Inorganic chemistry was pretty easy for me. The reactions are much simpler and follow set rules. Organic chemistry, an elective, was a LOT harder. The suggestion of a tutor for either is a good idea, too. Sometimes another student or three can explain something a lot better than a 'professor'.

Why all the chemistry for a nursing degree? I had to take 8 credit hours of anatomy and physiology and 4 of microbiology... then another 6 credit hours of pharmacology, but no chem.
    Why all the chemistry for a nursing degree? I had to take 8 credit hours of anatomy and physiology and 4 of microbiology... then another 6 credit hours of pharmacology, but no chem.
    Its the requirement now, all the schools including community college, plus 8 hours A&P
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,865 Senior Member
    KMT2 said:
    I know that NCLEX is now the national licensure exam, so most states teach a similar curriculum. I know Alabama does NOT require inorganinc or organic chemistry for ADN (Assoc Degree RN)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Knifepoint , the problem with an associated at least here in mi is you are looked upon as a LPN.Not that I don't already have a BS in Science, but it will not be the same. 
    I discussed the testing with a few on the state fire fighting training council and they stated that MI is not following that specific testing requirement at this time. 
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,697 Senior Member
    If you have issue with inorganic chemistry, you should work on your math skills. Inorganic chemistry uses a lot of algebra.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    and that is my issue.
     my algebra sucks

• Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,751 Senior Member
    My Colorado CCW was issued to me when I took a job with the sheriffs office. When I left I was in good standing and offers my job back at any time (detention center work was not my thing) at the time it had no experation date. 5 years later I got a letter saying my card was expiring $60 bucks later good for another 5 years. When we moved to Ohio for a brief time I looked into my Ohio CCW they would not recognize my Colorado permit for a transfer but did to allow me to carry. After digging with the sheriffs office where we lived my law enforcement academy graduation certificate and 90 hrs of combat pistol training certificate was good enough for them to issues me an Ohio permit. All told it took about 4 hours with drive time. There was also a job offer if I wanted to work for that SO! I guess I’m lucky 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.