Home Main Category Clubhouse

Hey Zorba you may like this.

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Pretty cool model steam locomotive.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    That *IS* cool! Watching it now.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    That's a cool little steam engine. There's a magazine that I used to subscribe to that has lots of those you can build if you have a lathe and milling machine, and a LOT of time on your hands. Lots of small parts to make. They started out as a machining magazine, and the model steam engine crowd took over. No more firearms building or other stuff that I was interested in, so I let the subscription go. I ain't got time to be making thousands of tiny parts!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Now *that* is music for the soul. Not a stupid transistor nor integrated circuit in sight!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,727 Senior Member
    There's a shop in my hometown that deals in model train stuff...mostly over the internet.  I don't know if he's got a steam train, but wouldn't doubt it.  Business is called "Memory Station."  He does rather well, I think...there are lots of model train collectors.  When I lived in Raleigh, every Christmas a train club would set up an exhibition in a mall.  It was about 100 yards long and had many trains and scenarios set up.  It was a hoot.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    My dentist is a BIG time RR buff. He has elevated tracks running trains throughout his office and the exam rooms. Really cool. 1st time I met him all I had to say was "4014", and he spent the next 1/2 hour yakking with me about trains!