Home Main Category Clubhouse

Do you believe/have you ever seen...

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,156 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #32
    Yes On a dark clear night while camping in an open field, saw things moving as far as the eye could see up in the milky way. I believe to this day something is out there somewhere.
    That is a bucket list item for me. When I was stationed in Alaska I was way out on some mountain ridges for a radio relay station. There was zero light pollution and the amount of stars and galaxies you could see on a new moon night was astounding. Not to mention the nights of Northern Lights......

I want to see this again. I was to young and the memories are to clouded now....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    Oh, I was also “tapped” on the back of the thigh in a birthing compartment while on an overnight Cub Scout camping trip aboard the USS Lexington (CV-16).

Yeah...well...it was the Navy, sooo
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    Other than the voting patterns of the residents of the greater San Francisco area?

No.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    Yes On a dark clear night while camping in an open field, saw things moving as far as the eye could see up in the milky way. I believe to this day something is out there somewhere.
    That is a bucket list item for me. When I was stationed in Alaska I was way out on some mountain ridges for a radio relay station. There was zero light pollution and the amount of stars and galaxies you could see on a new moon night was astounding. Not to mention the nights of Northern Lights......

I want to see this again. I was to young and the memories are to clouded now....
    Hard to find places that dark around here anymore.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    A friend of ours takes care of our cat and checks on the house when we are gone. A couple years ago she was leaving the house and heard piano music so assumed she left the TV on, went back into the living room and TV was off. She said she backed out and got out of there quick.

About ten or twelve years ago wife and I were in Rosamond Calif. on Rosamond blvd. It was evening and the sun had just set, noticed something in the sky. Was disc shaped large silver and going straight up. We pulled over and got out with binoculars to watch and the craft continued going up. As we were watching I noticed another one just like it coming from the west and as it meet up with the other one it came over the top of the first one and went up just like the other one. We watched until they were out of sight. Didn't have a camera so have no proof just my word.
    Now remember Edwards AFB is just on the other side of Rosamond so was it something they have, maybe.
    rberglof said:
    A friend of ours takes care of our cat and checks on the house when we are gone. A couple years ago she was leaving the house and heard piano music so assumed she left the TV on, went back into the living room and TV was off. She said she backed out and got out of there quick.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    Only problem is we don't have a piano.
    Hard to find places that dark around here anymore.
    My brother and I camped out at Cherry Hill State Park in Pennsylvania years ago. Found out while there that there was a amatuer astronomy meeting there that night. This park is known to be the darkest spot east of the Mississippi........

Still nothing compared to Fort Greely Alaska

https://cherryspringsstatepark.com/stargazing/
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    At least it wasn't Mr. Armstrong.

:o 
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    When I was about 4 yo, my dad bought our first TV, black & white, of course, at Monkey Ward's. He hauled it home in the trunk of our 1951 Ford. He hooked it up to the rabbit ears, and switched it on. After about a minute, a horrible, ugly clown face appeared in the 14" screen, rotating and zooming in till it filled the entire screen. His name was Bozo, and he appeared in my dreams for months afterwards. I often sensed his presence in my bedroom, at night, either under the bed, or in the closet.

Finally, my dad hid in the room one night, while I was asleep, and when Bozo tried to get me, Daddy jumped out and beat him with a baseball bat. My dad related this to me, the next morning, and told me to sleep with the baseball bat, until I was sure Bozo wasn't coming back. I was very relieved, and Bozo never dared to come back into my bedroom, although he would occasionally get inside the TV. I was slightly worried that the incident might scare off Santa Claus, but, thankfully, it didn't, and he still comes for the milk and cookies I leave for him, on Christmas Eve, while I sleep.

• das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member

I have seen a couple of miracles

do they count?

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,927 Senior Member
    bisley said:
    When I was about 4 yo, my dad bought our first TV, black & white, of course, at Monkey Ward's. He hauled it home in the trunk of our 1951 Ford. He hooked it up to the rabbit ears, and switched it on. After about a minute, a horrible, ugly clown face appeared in the 14" screen, rotating and zooming in till it filled the entire screen. His name was Bozo, and he appeared in my dreams for months afterwards. I often sensed his presence in my bedroom, at night, either under the bed, or in the closet.

Finally, my dad hid in the room one night, while I was asleep, and when Bozo tried to get me, Daddy jumped out and beat him with a baseball bat. My dad related this to me, the next morning, and told me to sleep with the baseball bat, until I was sure Bozo wasn't coming back. I was very relieved, and Bozo never dared to come back into my bedroom, although he would occasionally get inside the TV. I was slightly worried that the incident might scare off Santa Claus, but, thankfully, it didn't, and he still comes for the milk and cookies I leave for him, on Christmas Eve, while I sleep.

You better not shout

You better not pout

You better not cry

I'm telling you why

Bozo the Clown will beat up Santa Claus and steal all of your presents

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 524 Senior Member
    Yes
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,706 Senior Member
    Oh, I was also “tapped” on the back of the thigh in a birthing compartment while on an overnight Cub Scout camping trip aboard the USS Lexington (CV-16).

Lexington was not a good place to spend the night----------My Pilot and I had to let another crew take our EA-6A after we completed our carrier quals, and we were stuck on board over night.
    The bunk room they put us in leaked when they slowed the ship after flight ops were secured for the day.
    Woke up with 6 inches of water on the deck.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #47

You better not shout

You better not pout

You better not cry

I'm telling you why

Bozo the Clown will beat up Santa Claus and steal all of your presents

Yeah, I think that's what happened that time I only got a sack of hickory nuts and a claw hammer, for Christmas. Bozo was really evil.
    Sergio said:
    I'm not sure there hasn’t been a thread about this here... but whenever this subject comes up in a discussion forum, the stories are invariably quite interesting.

So, have you ever seen anything that you believe was supernatural, spiritual or even alien? 

Something that was definitely out of the ordinary?
    3 flying saucers in formation when I was in 6th grade. 

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    Talked to a buddy of mine one night ...... after a long conversation I said to him wait a minute .... you are dead ..... he paused for a few seconds & said I am ?  Then we just looked at each other & he said ... no wonder I feel so good & off he went . I don't do drugs or drink .... had to be a dream .... right ?
    I don't know was he dead in the morning?
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,927 Senior Member

I was fishing in an old lake one time.  I got hung up on the bottom.  After tugging and pulling and anything else I could think of, I finally dislodged whatever it was I was hung on.  I slowly reeled it in to discover it was an old wall mounted, hand crank telephone.

No sooner did I have it in the boat than it started ringing.  I answered, and had a nice conversation with someone who had been dead for over a hundred years.

Does that count?

I could be making this up.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

you catching anything?

I was fishing in an old lake one time.  I got hung up on the bottom.  After tugging and pulling and anything else I could think of, I finally dislodged whatever it was I was hung on.  I slowly reeled it in to discover it was an old wall mounted, hand crank telephone.

No sooner did I have it in the boat than it started ringing.  I answered, and had a nice conversation with someone who had been dead for over a hundred years.

Does that count?

Maybe-------------we have one of those phones----------if it rings I'm not answering it!
    NN said:
    was Clean throwing things at you
    even then

edited January 2019 #56
    das68 said:

you catching anything?

das68 said:
    NN said:
    even then

No----I did not know who she was until 8th grade
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member

Does that count?

I thought you were going to sat the game warden got you for having a phone.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Yes, I've seen a few things in the night sky. A couple events were witnessed by people with me. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    My wife and I like to sit on the patio or in our jacuzzi at night and watch shooting stars...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • dlddld Member Posts: 412 Member

das68 said:
    NN said:
    even then

No----I did not know who she was until 8th grade

but did she know who you were in 6th grade :)