Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Covington Catholic School........

jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior MemberPosts: 10,158 Senior Member
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet. It was the smirk heard around the world.

Boiled down version. Native American Professional Protester sees MAGA hat. NAPP makes a beeline to hat with his camera crew in tow. NAPP falsely edits video and sells it with a totally fabricated story to Media.

Now the school is shut down from all of the death threats from a complete lie. NAPP should be in jail but I guarantee it won't happen.

All kinds of 'celebrities' on Twitter have called for violence against this kid. No doubt the kid is going to win a lot of money from lawsuits, but they should be charged with crimes. 

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    First off, the Indian in question is NOT a Vietnam Veteran. He never left Coronado, California, and worked as an electrician and A/C repairman. He went AWOL a few times, too, and at his End of Active Obligated Service of four years, he left as an E-1. You got to be a real cluster to spend 4 years in the Marines and leave as an E-1. And he lied like a bad rug about his service and MOS, too. Said he was a 'recon ranger'; he didn't spend enough time or go to the schools and training to be a Recon Marine.

Second, he went to them, and not the other way around. He's an attention ho professional protester that picks up any cause that will get him some attention. There's plenty on the web about him, and he changed his last name after leaving the Corps.

Just do a little Google search on him and read what is being dug up on his activities.

Here's one. Don Shipley is a Navy Seal that does a lot in the Stolen Valor area. He got the goods on Nathan Phillips, who also goes by Nathan Stanard. Couple of videos in the link.

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #3
    I knew as soon as I saw the video that the participantwere being exploited for a narrative.

I'd like to see them left alone to seek their own fortunes like a couple days ago. I have no judgement to impose on anyone depicted.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,158 Senior Member
    No one here is talking about it because the whole thing was stupid and not worth anyone's time to think about our discuss. 
    So death, arson, and bomb threats are not worth anyones time? I think some parents would disagree.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #5
    I got no dogs in this fight. Looking into it, you got idiots on the left pissing and moaning, while you got idiots on the right pissing and moaning.

It has something for the chronically offended on both sides. Have at it!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    No one here is talking about it because the whole thing was stupid and not worth anyone's time to think about our discuss. 
    The individual kids, and the school, are getting death threats from the Loony Left. I'd say that's worth discussing. Anyway, had to wait a couple of days for some video with more context to show up. The original video was probably purposely edited to incite hate for the kids and school. A lawyer has taken up the school's and kid's defamation lawsuit pro bono and has given a bunch of people and news people and news organizations until Friday to either make an apology and retraction, or find themselves named in the defamation lawsuit.

So it's worth discussing AFTER the real video came out showing Nathan Phillips and the others with him doing the confronting and cursing at the Covington school students. The flaky news organizations were all over the original edited video like manure flies on a fresh pile of cow flop. Now they have that cow flop smeared all over their faces. Like the McDonald's ad says, "I'm lovin' it! :D
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,712 Senior Member
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,904 Senior Member
    As much as this has been in the media, nobody says anything about the video being altered/edited to show the boys in bad standing.  To be honest I am not too sure about that staring the elder down with that smirk, he he is not what he claimed
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    As much as this has been in the media, nobody says anything about the video being altered/edited to show the boys in bad standing.  To be honest I am not too sure about that staring the elder down with that smirk, he he is not what he claimed
    They were standing on the steps because that was where they were supposed to meet to get on the bus. When the NAPP walked up to him, where was he supposed to go?

The NAPP claimed on news footage that the kids were chanting, "build the wall." The other videos prove that didn't happen.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,147 Senior Member
    Except it is proof that “fake news” exists and is a real threat to innocent people.  

The he left now cannot make fun of trump when he says ‘fake news’.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    What good is a lefty demonstration that doesn't attract racists? This one was a total bust. There wasn't even a fat white guy, wearing Washington Redskin logos.

They need to pay those guys more, if they expect to get any meaningful video. I think the 'Indian' did his best, but who is gonna take an Indian with a goatee seriously?

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,916 Senior Member
    bisley said:
    What good is a lefty demonstration that doesn't attract racists? This one was a total bust. There wasn't even a fat white guy, wearing Washington Redskin logos.

They need to pay those guys more, if they expect to get any meaningful video. I think the 'Indian' did his best, but who is gonna take an Indian with a goatee seriously?

The guy is a Native American...a Potawatomi from lower Michigan, I know the res he comes from...and yes...they can grow facial hair if they choose to...so the goatee is a non-starter...

More importantly though, the guy is a Vietnam Vet poser,cwhich destroys his credibility in my world...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Black Israelites who were the ones actually instigating this conflict (the NAPP guys seemed to be trying to prevent punk kids from getting beat down by some crazy black religious zealots). Those guys are always standing in public places around DC preaching some crazy stuff. They're worse than the crazies with the aborted fetus posters, one of whom screamed at my girlfriend and called her a whore who was going to hell just last weekend. Not much civility around the streets of DC these days. 
    Because they didn't go find a news camera to stand in front of and lie
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Black Israelites who were the ones actually instigating this conflict (the NAPP guys seemed to be trying to prevent punk kids from getting beat down by some crazy black religious zealots). Those guys are always standing in public places around DC preaching some crazy stuff. They're worse than the crazies with the aborted fetus posters, one of whom screamed at my girlfriend and called her a whore who was going to hell just last weekend. Not much civility around the streets of DC these days. 
    No news camera involved. Some random person's Instagram video picked up by a fly by night Twitter account based in Brazil and spread across the internet until it went viral and news picked it up. Coincidentally Twitter account that started it disappeared. Wouldn't be surprised if someone tracked it back to China or Russia. Divide and conquer at it's finest. 
    The "news" picking it up without verifying anything is the problem. IDGAF who started the rumor. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    bisley said:

I don't know about his wispy Goatee, but I wonder what an apple looks like after he takes a bite out of it?  Nice Choppers.

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    No news camera involved. Some random person's Instagram video picked up by a fly by night Twitter account based in Brazil and spread across the internet until it went viral and news picked it up. Coincidentally Twitter account that started it disappeared. Wouldn't be surprised if someone tracked it back to China or Russia. Divide and conquer at it's finest. 
    Are you saying that he hasn't been interviewed since that day, claiming that he felt he was in danger?  That he didn't state that the boys who were chanting "we have spirit, yes we do" were actually "saying racist things"?  That he didn't claim the boys looked at the Black Israelites as "predators looking at prey"??

I suppose it's possible the evil Russians are behind this, but Mr. "Phillips" has NO problem spinning this to fit a pre conceived agenda. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Whats striking about this and other similar instances is the ease and veracity of incited mob mentality.

As far as Im concerned the judgement of the mob is wrong even if its correct.

Social media is not a sheild from responsibility, accountability, or culpability. 

The mass media couldn't incite mass prejudice without a ready made mob to receive it.

The mob ends right here. At my keyboard.
    jbp-ohio said:
    He was just on Good Morning America. Still claiming they chanted build that wall. Did you see how many cameras were there? If they chanted build that wall, it would be the lead story of every 7 o'clock news.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #19
    Jayhawker said:
    bisley said:

The guy is a Native American...a Potawatomi from lower Michigan, I know the res he comes from...and yes...they can grow facial hair if they choose to...so the goatee is a non-starter...

More importantly though, the guy is a Vietnam Vet poser,cwhich destroys his credibility in my world...
    My point is that most of these demonstrations are staged by 'professional' protestors who create the 'optics' that the media wishes to be portrayed. The political correctness 'rules' that we have been force-fed for years are now so widely accepted that the present-day 'activists' that make a career out of these sham demonstrations are some pretty poor examples of 'the downtrodden' that they pretend to represent.

This guy has American Indian blood in his veins, so you give him legitimacy for that, but cancel it out because he intentionally misrepresents his military service. What is the difference? he misrepresents both. He represents himself as a poor, mistreated reservation Indian, which he is not, and he represents himself as a war hero, which he is not.

In fact, he is an actor, poser, or whatever, with very meager talents, who is too lazy to even shave his chin so he will fit the stereotype he is attempting to portray. He probably practiced in front of the mirror for 15 minutes to create his 'medicine man' schtick.

This whole story is just more noise to confuse the actual issues.
    Nathan Phillips is a professional activist. He's run that same sthick at Wounded Knee, the Keystone Pipeline protests, and several others. He's a severe attention seeker looking for that '15 minutes of televised fame' the same as the other myriad activists out there. And the MSM is all too eager to give that fame to activists that fit the MSM agenda.
    ― Douglas Adams
    If the media power brokers can exploit professional con artists than they can indeed get away with alot. There's been no outright retractions Im aware of.

Thing is, will it be as actively called out when the deception supports our own narrative????
    If the media power brokers can exploit professional con artists than they can indeed get away with alot. There's been no outright retractions Im aware of.

Thing is, will it be as actively called out when the deception supports our own narrative????
    If enough people call out deception by the media, regardless of party, then the media will either change, or start circling the toilet bowl of obscurity. CNN is a good example; their market share in prime time is less than some of the channels that advertise on cable TV. They laid off a LOT of people last year due to their market share plunge. If the lawyer representing the Catholic school and the boys can get traction on the defamation lawsuit then there may be some heads rolling at the MSM news organizations. That urge to be the first to report on a story without properly vetting it will eventually bite them all in the rear ends.

But it does take people calling them out on their erroneous reporting. This story blew up in the  faces of the MSM and they aren't backtracking and apologizing. More fodder for the lawsuit. And that lawsuit naming news organizations and individual reporters will be filed sometime today, it it has not already been done. IF that defamation lawsuit proceeds and a huge cash award is given to the Catholic school and the boys involved, then that would be a good thing. That story was a lie from the get-go, and making lying and defamation painful in a monetary way would be a good thing.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    Völkischer Beobachter...

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Völkischer Beobachter...

Or maybe Pravda.
    ― Douglas Adams