Home Main Category Clubhouse

Jerm's Bum Wine 2018 has been Released

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #32
    And if any of you think this is actually GOOD wine... Ha! That is nothing more than dumb luck. I am not a wine maker. My ultimate inspiration for this is Alec and the wonderful port wine that his ancestors made. I had some apple juice the kids left out of the fridge that was going bad and some grapes that were getting ready to spoil, so as a demonstration project for the kids, me being a cheap ass, and a smart ass-- making something American style (bum wine is very much American) that is not aged, and made by some goober, I wanted something to give to Alec for giggles.

Bum wine is not supposed to taste good. It is supposed to get you buzzed for cheap. It is sweet, and has the "flavored" part on the label because it usually has artificial flavors (mine doesn't have artificial flavors but is made intentionally sweet). If my bum wine does not get you buzzed, I will refund 100% of what you paid for it (nothing). That is my guarantee!  

If you want to further research bum wine as a style, this site is full of useful information.

Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    I saw MD20/20 in that link you posted and it gave me a ptsd flashback of being about 19 and chugging 2 bottles of that crap. I was extremely ****** in no time, world spinning about and all.
    I saw MD20/20 in that link you posted and it gave me a ptsd flashback of being about 19 and chugging 2 bottles of that crap. I was extremely ****** in no time, world spinning about and all.
    You understand now!
    -Thomas Paine
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,167 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    The photo shoot was located....at a place. #plausibledeniability.

The art director (aka pain in my ass) was wearing me slick. It was amusing, though. Him sending me examples. 

What it would take to get me to lay on the floor in the same room as a urinal.................

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    And while you may be sexy, that is why you aren't a successful model like Cpj.
    -Thomas Paine
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,167 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #37
    That is why I'll never make the big $$$$........ can't do nudity either. :/
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Chris... my sister got her Bum Wine today. She wanted me to tell you, "hey".

After a bottle (or two) of Bum Wine, my chances go up DRAMATICALLY. 

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,678 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    That is why I'll never make the big $$$$........ can't do nudity either. :/
    Don't give CPJ any ideas...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,672 Senior Member
    I love the labels. I have a question about storage.....should the wine be refrigerated right away? The reason I asked, is because when I brought lasts year's wine home from the shoot, it was a good while before I tasted it, and while I thought it tasted good, my wife tasted it and she thought it had a slight taste of vinegar. I put it in the refrigerator and it was probably a month later before I opened it again, and this time there was a strong taste of vinegar. I assumed it was because you do not put any preservatives in the wine like the commercial wine bottlers put in theirs. When I get the new bottle, should I use it right away or if not, just put it in the refrigerator for storage?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I don't use preservatives or sulfites at all. What I do is filter it down to .5 microns-- yeast cells are 2 microns, and the vast majority of bacteria are larger than a half micron. If you got one that was kind of vinegary, that must have been an odd fluke. You shouldn't have to refrigerate until after you open it.
    -Thomas Paine
    It is often ok if you don't refrigerate as well, but the odds of things going south are higher. Just drink the darn stuff and don't worry about it! If you get an acetobacter infection (that creates vinegar) you are going to know it-- a film forms on the top.

Actually, I should try to make some-- Jerm's Bum Vinegar.
    -Thomas Paine
    I wasn't going to start a thread until tomorrow when some of the packages started showing up, but with the subzero weather in the Midwest, I want everyone to have a heads up on their package arrival. Some of you know who you are, some do not.

Arriving on Tuesday, 1/29:
    Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee.

Arriving on Wednesday, 1/30:
    Georgia, Florida, Kansas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Missouri, Austin TX.

Arriving on Thursday, 1/31:
    Texas, New Mexico, Idaho.
    Oh... and Colorado. Your stuff will be there Wednesday, 1/30.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member
    I'm waiting for JBW 20 20
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Groan. Alpha-- something tells me the Bum Wine Model is going to need to consult with you on beauty tips if we proceed with a pink flavor.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,160 Senior Member
    Purple Flavor.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,678 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Purple Flavor.

No.
    Ill just say:  “trust us.”
    Pink Flavor will be good. 
    Isn't that "Not-Pink Flavor"?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Wisconsin, Virginia, and northern Georgia... your Bum has been delivered. Still out for delivery today is Illinois, Minnesota, Tennessee, and North Carolina.
    -Thomas Paine
    Illinois-- get your damn wine before it freezes! It has been delivered. It has also arrived in Tennessee.
    -Thomas Paine
    Minnesota has a package.
    -Thomas Paine
    So does North Carolina. All packages scheduled for today have arrived.
    -Thomas Paine
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,647 Senior Member
    Yep, staff is giggling, wife LOL, PutinCider was slushy, BumWine was still in a liquid state, excellent job packing, I will find an Imperial Stout that you need to try and re-use the packaging, thanks hey.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,899 Senior Member
    Illinois-- get your damn wine before it freezes! It has been delivered. It has also arrived in Tennessee.
    Got it, thank you. UPS got lazy in the cold. Usually they deliver to the front door and ring the bell. Found your package by the garage door.
    CHIRO1989 said:
    excellent job packing
    These wine shippers make it really easy....

If you guys haven't figured it out yet, you are guinea pigs. By doing this, I have established suppliers for all kinds of stuff, plus get to work the bugs out of bottling, packaging, and labeling now-- instead of when I open the distillery. While it is kind of expensive to do, what we are learning is much more valuable.

I also give out Bum Wine to my clients and suppliers for my construction company. They forget the guy that drops off pens and key chains, but never forget the guy that brings a case of homemade wine to the office.

-Thomas Paine
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    Maybe there could be a rifle rest raspberry in the future no?  
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
    So far, we have done apple, cherry, white grape, mulberry, blueberry, and red "grapish". Raspberry is a possibility in the future.

For those of you that are getting Putin-- I have found it best over ice. I am not lying when I say it is super dry so it seems to taste best very very cold. The ice kind of dilutes the tartness a bit too.
    -Thomas Paine
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    I wish this were a few years ago when I was still an alcoholic. Damn.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,647 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    excellent job packing

If you guys haven't figured it out yet, you are guinea pigs.

So how long before I start to mutate and what will my super powers be?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    So far, we have done apple, cherry, white grape, mulberry, blueberry, and red "grapish". Raspberry is a possibility in the future.

Huckleberry? The labels could be epic. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,734 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #61
    cpj said:

Or if you drink enough, men. Don’t judge 
      It was only 1 time in college!