SCOTUS

FFLshooterFFLshooter MemberPosts: 932 Senior Member
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hasn’t been seen or heard from since canceling her appearances 2 weeks ago. Anybody else find this suspicious? I’m sure y’all get what I’m stepping in here.

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,486 Senior Member
    Her health circumstances are much too big to remain a secret. No news agency could afford to keep a lid on it regardless of desire or motive.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,116 Senior Member
    She had surgery to remove a cancerous growth on her lung. The last I heard, she was working from home. if you have ever had your chest cracked open, it ain't no picnic. Her not appearing in public is pretty much a given, under the circumstances.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 932 Senior Member
    I’d say that’s the deal, I haven’t really heard much since a few weeks ago although I admit to not always being up to date on the news. But the conspiracy theorist in me says that IF she were dead it wouldn’t surprise me if the Dems propped her up like “Weekend at Bernie’s”, just to keep Trump from getting another SCJ pick.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,003 Senior Member
    . . .But the conspiracy theorist in me says that IF she were dead it wouldn’t surprise me if the Dems propped her up like “Weekend at Bernie’s”, just to keep Trump from getting another SCJ pick.

"It just so happens that our Supreme Court Justice is only MOSTLY dead. . ."
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,622 Senior Member
    Almost nothing would surprise me, in the current political environment, but I do recollect that William Rehnquist was ill for about six months prior to his death, and there was no news coming out about it. There is never any doubt how she will vote on any issue that is politically 'hot,' so they can just try to avoid any cases that require a tiebreaker, for as long as possible.

Basically, the judges seem to protect one another's interests jealously, with regard to the lifetime appointment business. I suppose that anything else would be viewed as politics, which they claim not to engage in.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,111 Senior Member
    "Working from home" is funny. She's probably "mostly" dead.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,116 Senior Member
    edited January 31 #8
    Like I said in another thread... she is probably going to outlive all of us. Maybe some day, one of our great great grandchildren will figure it out and drive a wooden stake through her heart.