Home Main Category Clubhouse

Cold as a ....

KMT2KMT2 MemberPosts: 360 Member
Winter in Michigan. It seems that Grand Rapids Michigan is working itself into a very cold day. 
Been outside for a while and well it is wicked cold.
 Now as a PSA
 turn on your lights in the snow.
 Clear off your car completely. 
 If i hit you because of the two items above you will not like the end result. I film my drives entirely, and well it will not be good .

Thanks for the rant,
 now every one back to cleaning the rifles, shotguns and pistols and reloading .

If you think OHSA is a little town in Wisconsin you may be in trouble!
Peace is firing my guns or 60 feet below the surface of the water.

Replies

• das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    well if you stay on the correct side of the road
    you will be safe from me.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,916 Senior Member
    80% of the drivers out there are idiots when it comes to winter driving, especially in Grand Rapids (though Kalamazoo is slightly worse) and are not intimidated by your camera nor do they care about any safe driving advise because...well...they're idiots...

The best advise is to drive like everyone out there is trying to kill you...because they are.

Expecting anyone to drive with your safety/interests in mind is a forlorn hope....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    And on Saturday it is supposed to be 40 degrees and rain!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,711 Senior Member
    I hear there will be a beer shortage in Wisconsin since they stopped delivering beer because of the cold.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    And on Saturday it is supposed to be 40 degrees and rain! 
    Better get a wet suit and a life vest, hey.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    NN said:
    I hear there will be a beer shortage in Wisconsin since they stopped delivering beer because of the cold.
    You take that back!!😡

Is there no end to this horror?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    NN said:
    You take that back!!😡

You are not far from ILL, maybe you can make a beer run.

When I was at NAS Minneapolis in the 60's, I had to make Beer runs across the bridge to WIS to get beer, 
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,727 Senior Member
    edited January 2019 #10
    Supposed to be -1 (without windchill) here in SW Pa in the a.m...Then 57 on Sunday....W.T.F
    NN said:
    NN said:
    You take that back!!😡

Can't buy Spotted Cow in Illinois, hey...
    George Carlin
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    They's gonna be a BIG baby boom up Nawth! Can't get to work, can't get to school. Beer shortage due to no deliveries. What to do, what to do. :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    It is -12 degrees here right now. The kids had school called off last Friday. They haven't been back to school since.
    -Thomas Paine
    Holding a 2 above right now here...feels positively balmy...
    This is my plan for the cold. And no... that isn't apple juice. It was at one time though. And it isn't urine either, but it will be soon.

-Thomas Paine
    Yeah, yeah, yeah------------I can just dream about that.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    NN said:
    NN said:
    You take that back!!😡

Can't buy it anywhere except in the land of cheese, btw, if you have not tried their "Serendipity" you should.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Just today and tomorrow here.  I had today off (scheduled) and it was the first time the four of us spent (most) of the day together in some time. 
    George Carlin
    -13 degrees now!
    -Thomas Paine
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    No work the next two days.   The customer made the decision.   I guess they didn't want to be open for their employees,  so construction can't be there either. 
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    No idea what is open around here today . It is still -23 here so probably not much moving around . They had to put up signs because the street stop lights are messed up with the cold .
  • KMT2KMT2 Member Posts: 360 Member
    Bright and sunny now, with wicked cold temps. The trash company sand no go on pick ups. 
    THough I kind of known why, the trucks are driven by some that doesn't care and rip stuff off of it when working, the other its just darn to cold to be out there. Please note my drivers use the side arm pick up and well ... you can figure it out. 
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,247 Senior Member
    We've had the heat on for several days in a row now. Brutal!
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    mitdr774 said:
    No work the next two days.   The customer made the decision.   I guess they didn't want to be open for their employees,  so construction can't be there either. 
    To add to this, the customer was asked by Consumers Energy to reduce gas consumption to an absolute minimum.  That is why the complex is closed to everyone.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Just for you KMT2. :D:D:D

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Just for you KMT2. :D:D:D

we have had some snow over here

driver in Scotland Police stopped on the A9 trunk road at Thurso in Caithness on Tuesday morning.

cpj said:
    KMT2 said:

Now as a PSA
     turn on your lights in the snow.
     Clear off your car completely. 
     If i hit you because of the two items above you will not like the end result. I film my drives entirely, and well it will not be good .

What, you gonna call the “you didn’t clear the snow from your car” police? 
    Nope I roll film and if the crap hits my car and does damage, I had the film to the police when I have them on scene to tow my vehicle due to a single ( or more ) vehicle accident caused by the numb nut. They can then deal with it. Being the prick that I am I would also ensure that the prosecutor office in the county it occured got an ear full. 
    You live in Michigan Dude...you have no fault insurance, so trying to id the little old lady who couldn't clean off her car to your liking is pointless...sounds like you're being a bit litigious there Buddy...

edited February 2019 #29
    Shouldn't be hard to find, because folks who refuse to clear windshields, side windows, hoods, roofs and rear deck lids will almost certainly clear off the license plates, making easy ID a certainty....

"Can you describe the car sir?"  

"Well, I think it was green.... might have been an SUV.  Maybe a station wagon.  Could have been a truck with a cap... hell, I dunno!"
    George Carlin
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 769 Senior Member
    NN said:
    NN said:
    You take that back!!😡

I used to love Spotted Cow but I refuse to give those communists any more of my money
    Jayhawker said:
    You live in Michigan Dude...you have no fault insurance, so trying to id the little old lady who couldn't clean off her car to your liking is pointless...sounds like you're being a bit litigious there Buddy...

Your right I live in Michigan, the legal system does not stop when you knowingly violate the law. The worst is I hand all the items over to the insurance and they get reciprocity form the other. The best, and get this  it has occured recently, the state suspended the no fault for the incident issues the citation and the violator is on the hook 100% for all damage and losses. Yeah I read it here in michigan in 2018 . it was not a good issue. 
    I just want to ensure that I do not have to pay higher premiums due to the dork that does nto drive for a living screws up and causes me issues.