Music tonight...........

jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior MemberPosts: 9,599 Senior Member
edited January 31 in Clubhouse #1
Have been off 3 1/2 weeks for my liver infection. Went back to work one night and left early the next night. Dr says I was REALLY sick, liver numbers were out there. I was yellow as a minion for a few days. Sucking down the Prednisone now.....

Pretty sick of watching the boob tube this week. Been jamming out with the Bose headphones when my wife goes to bed.

Night before last was older bands...... Nugent, Zeppelin, Kiss, even some Meatloaf............

Last night was heavier...... Metallica, Priest, Megadeth, Anthrax

Tonight I'm listening to a Hair band playlist......... Crue, Poison, Ratt, Skid Row, Bon Jovi
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,351 Senior Member
    edited January 31 #2
    Dude! Sorry to hear you have been sick. I hope you get better soon. No jams tonight, but I have been whistling lately. Specifically...

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,599 Senior Member
    Thanks. I didn't feel bad the night I went to work. After an hour the next night it felt like someone layed a bruise on my back with a pool cue....

Skipping the power ballads.... ie  Wanted Dead or Alive, I remember you
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    My son's "not girlfriend" that is now suddenly his girlfriend was playing this today. I think I like her.

Ha! Just mentioned that one today to stepson. Along with this one

That song is so badass! I am not exactly sure how the yodeler/singer/flute/keyboard guy pulled that off. It is so weird, but rocks!
    That is what we were talking about. Weird offbeat songs........

Now THAT was freaky! So was the music a little.........

That short little guitar player was looking at the keyboard player like a kid in fat camp looks at the last Reese's cup in his secret stash.....
    jbp-ohio said:
    Now THAT was freaky! So was the music a little.........

That short little guitar player was looking at the keyboard player like a kid in fat camp looks at the last Reese's cup in his secret stash.....
    Edgar Winter on Guitar, Johnny Winter on keyboard/sax/drums... very ground breaking use of synthesizers during that time.

Some of David Gilmour's best work ever...

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,750 Senior Member
    My son's "not girlfriend" that is now suddenly his girlfriend was playing this today. I think I like her.

I haven't heard that in I don't know how long.  Thanks for posting it
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,190 Senior Member
    Edgar Winter on Guitar, Johnny Winter on keyboard/sax/drums... very ground breaking use of synthesizers during that time.
    I remember that song coming out way back when. It got a lot of play time on the radio stations. It was definitely different for the times.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,190 Senior Member
    JBP, get better soon. Liver infection takes you down and hard to get back going again.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,034 Senior Member
    cpj said:

I have a Deadmilkmen t-shirt somewhere, my BIL wrote to Rodney Anonymous and got a letter back written in crayon, multiple colors, listened to these guys quite a bit for awhile.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,778 Senior Member
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 981 Senior Member
    Its got great huge fangs.
    Started with the entire album of Ratt; Invasion of your privacy. Then some Styx, and now Billy Squire.....
    Finish up with Suicide Blonde and get to bed
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,837 Senior Member
    I'm listening to Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon album while I cook supper. And yes, if anyone is interested, it is an actual 33 1/3 L.P. (reissue though)
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,806 Senior Member
    edited February 22 #26
    Grand Funk Railroad
    Heartbreaker!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,750 Senior Member
    Play Deep by The Outfield
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Judas Priest Metal Works '73-93...... whole album
    Uncle ted kind of night...... It's a free for all!

Lol!

Was that used in some form of torture chamber?