In Only 2 Years!

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,384 Senior Member

Trump gets 98% negative media coverage during the last 2 years, despite:

Just a few of the first 2 year achievements...

Lower taxes

Lowest overall unemployment in decades

Manufacturing jobs show marked increases

Robust economic growth

Deregulation, not more regulation

Record oil and gas production

Lowest welfare

Highest increase in wages

Greater alliances

Equitable trade deals

Stronger military

Border security

Lowest black unemployment ever!!!

Lowest female unemployment since WWII

Highest minority business start-ups

China’s trajectory to global supremacy is no longer assured

Greater sanctions on Russia than at any time under Obama

NATO providing billions more in defense than ever before!!!

New attention to missile defense.

We are talking to North Korea for the first time in Decades

ISIS’s land hegemony in Syria is almost gone

On the brink of a measure that will drastically lower prescription medicine costs!!!

This is what happens when you get a business man for a President. They accomplish much more in a shorter period of time because they want efficiency, not politics...

And not one democrat can find a good thing to say about him. THIS is why we scratch our heads and wonder whose side the liberals are on...

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,695 Senior Member
    Obviously, the positive economic benefits are just a delayed reaction to Barack Obama's wise leadership.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,073 Senior Member
    I don't even watch "new" anymore, it just pisses me off. Ten minutes of Trump bashing, then a story about some poor oppressed minority, then how some "undocumented alien's" are denied their "constitutional rights"!! :s
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,750 Senior Member
    Thank God I haven't been duped by 98% of established broadcast media and the conspiratorial collusion of fabricated fake news aimed at the persecutory defamation of our great leader.

And may I be eternally grateful for the reliable,  and trust worthy news source of social media and the honest 2% it represents.

I can only hope that if we just keep repeating the same truth enough times, eventually people will believe it.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,787 Senior Member
    What big al said.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,341 Senior Member
    Forgot no real threats to the 2nd. amendment from the executive branch (At least none I'm aware of).

Mind borrowing us the guy for a while when you're finished with him?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,946 Senior Member
    While he wasn't my 1st, or even second choice during the primaries, I can honestly say I haven't been disappointed with what he's accomplished so far.
    Is he the "best" president ever? Only time will tell, but I seriously doubt it.
    On the other hand, he's a helluva long way from the worst ever.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,757 Senior Member
    Antonio said:
    Forgot no real threats to the 2nd. amendment from the executive branch (At least none I'm aware of).

Mind borrowing us the guy for a while when you're finished with him?
    Well, the ATF banned bump-stocks with the support of the NRA.  
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,165 Senior Member
    edited February 1 #9
    And we have an Attorney General (Executive Branch) nominee who is in favor of "red flag" laws (endorsed by the NRA and some Congressional Republicans), and who was involved in this:

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/william-barrs-connection-to-ruby-ridge-defending-fbi-snipers/

Overkill is underrated.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,181 Senior Member
    And those 'red flag' laws deny due process. Guilty until proven innocent.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

And we have an Attorney General (Executive Branch) nominee who is in favor of "red flag" laws (endorsed by the NRA and some Congressional Republicans), and who was involved in this:

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/william-barrs-connection-to-ruby-ridge-defending-fbi-snipers/

Barr is my least favorite choice for AG, out of many good possible candidates. I assume that Mitch McConnell has offered a list to Trump of all of the Bush era establishment types that Democrats won't mount a Kavanaugh style firestorm against. I only had to watch the confirmation hearings to understand that he is just as political as his predecessors. The Democrats never worked up much of a lather over him, indicating that they don't see him as a reformer that will clean up the Justice Department. I suppose that he would have to be better than having assistant AG Rosenstein in charge, but I am not expecting to like him in the job.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,495 Senior Member
    He'll be an awesome AG, so long as he's an "R".

Yes, that was sarcasm. 

Setting the bar at "Rosenstein" is setting it awfully low.  Just sayin' 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    True, but if Trump cannot make McConnell fight for the nominee, he won't get one, at all, leaving Rosenstein in place. And Mitch won't even take a vote unless it's a slam dunk. The best Trump can hope for is an establishment Washington DC lawyer who doesn't owe anything to the Democrats. He, too, has to accept the lesser of the evils, sometimes.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,384 Senior Member
    I forgot the re-energized steel industry. On the gun front, time will tell, but with New York and California and Oregon... if that virus spreads all bets are off... 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,181 Senior Member
    I forgot the re-energized steel industry. On the gun front, time will tell, but with New York and California and Oregon... if that virus spreads all bets are off... 
    The East and Left Coasts are lost causes. The very large DEMOCRAT controlled cities controll the state governments with their massive representation and influence over the legislatures, and elect the governors. Everyone outside those cities are nothing but tax slaves to the big cities that control the governments.

And those last two sentences are what would happen to the whole country if the Electoral College is abolished by either Constitutional Amendment or state action to force all electors to vote in accordance with the popular vote. Hang onto your hats, boys, the ride is about to get interesting as some states have already done it, and more state legislatures are jumping aboard the Abolish The Electoral College 'concentration camp' train

If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

The electoral college has definitely followed a convoluted process to get to where it is at, now. But, the gist of it is that individual votes are counted within each state to determine which presidential candidate has won that state, and the electors of that state are bound to the casting of those electoral votes for that candidate.

That is the only way that has been devised, so far, in which the individual states can maintain their sovereignty and be properly represented against the states with the heavy population centers. Without it, there is absolutely no incentive for the more rural states to remain in 'the union.' Like all big government solutions, it just barely works, and there are legitimate arguments from both sides, with the final compromise displeasing whichever party can win the popular vote, at any given time. The Constitutional amendment process is also convoluted, intentionally. The fact that the process is so difficult is all that provides a buffer against the most harmful radicalism.

California is a perfect example of what happens to a large minority that cannot overcome the big city population numbers. It is also a perfect example of how straight-line majority rule that ignores the wants and needs of the minority is not what the Constitution intended. Neither was the 3/5 rule that Jerm mentioned, but that is the type of law you get when the radicals of each side prevent the 'cooler heads' from prevailing.