What a way to fall

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 18,657 Senior Member
edited February 3 in Hunting #1
This little fella came out 35 yards in front of the shooting house yesterday, LITERALLY with 2 minutes of legal shooting time left.

popped him in the base of the neck with a Nosler 64gr bonded performance. This is how he was laying when I walked up to him.

Here's the entry

and the exit

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,219 Senior Member
    Excellent shot!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,978 Senior Member
    More meat in the freezer!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,657 Senior Member
    edited February 3 #4
    Thanks Luis
    Yes sir Mr. Bishop, he's being made into cube steaks and ground. I'll be making another 22.5# batch of meat sticks in the next week or so (20# meat with 2.5# of hi-temp habanero cheese) and in another month or so a 25# batch with some jalapeno seasoning.

Both batches will be smoked with hickory, then dried
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,231 Senior Member
    Thats a plush, healthy looking coat. Good shooting!
    Thanks Mike

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    He'll be tasty...nice shot!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Thank you Scott

FYI, my mid-level Nikon does fine in low light (Buckmaster 6-18x40 MD)

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,698 Senior Member
    Excellent my friend. It looks in great condition judging by the coat etc...
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    Should be nice and tender
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,889 Senior Member
    Nice deer
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    thanks guys

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    Nice shot. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,719 Senior Member
    DRT is the best, should be an excellent eater, nice shot for sure, no meat that is blood shot on that one.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    thanks gents

• Lt.Lt. New Member Posts: 16 New Member
    Congrats!
    thanks

• ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    Excellent placement Knitepoet
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    thanks ojr

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    FYI, my mid-level Nikon does fine in low light (Buckmaster 6-18x40 MD)
    I've got three Buckmasters and I'll stand by my claim that there as clear and bright as needed to hunt deer and shoot varmints. I've heard all the Bad mouthing on here but I ain't buying it. Thats at least three of is on here in agreement with that. And the others I wonder if they've even looked through one.

These are the older Buckmasters at least three years old. The newer ones have evidently been down graded to entry level status. You can now buy a Buckmaster 4-12X40 at Wally World for $130 or so. I haven't looked through one but I would bet money that those are not of the quality of the older ones. All of mine were $300+ Scopes. Those older Buckmasters were meant to compete with the older VX-2 Leupolds. Those old 6-18s were some damn good scopes. I have two of them. They're on varmint rifles but I almost put one of them on my .270 once. I had a straight six on it for years. Why not?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.