Home Main Category General Firearms

This Is NOT a Glock

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,395 Senior Member
Just had to try one. Years ago I had the CZ-75 but didn't really like it that much. The gun was really heavy full loaded and the trigger reach was a bit much.

This one caught my eye. Trigger reach thing has been rectified.
Aluminum frame vs steel, so it's significantly lighter.
16 round mags x 2
Ambi-Safety
Decocker
Threaded with suppressor sights (may change them out to night sights)
Double action heavy but smooth
Single action very nice. Reset short

Cannot be carried cocked and locked in current configuration, but the original safety comes with the gun if you want to switch it over for cocked and locked, but you lose decock feature. 

No vertical or horizontal slide play (but that's typical with the CZ line. 

Range report to follow (when the weather warms up...)

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,825 Senior Member
    Niiice! I have a CZ-75BD I bought at the recommendation of several here on this forum, and LOVE it.
    Although, I seem to be able to shoot better with a 1911 or a Beretta 92 for some reason!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,771 Senior Member
    The last CZ pistol I shot, well a different model was absolutely the finest pistol I've ever fired. That one looks like its of the same quality.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    It sure seems to be well made. I just discovered it has night sights installed... Silly me. 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,480 Senior Member
    I have a few CZs.  You will not be dissapointed.
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,414 Senior Member
    You cant go wrong with a CZ.

I see you got the one setup for a can.  Is one in the future?

The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
    Unless they become legal for all and I can build my own. I'm not going to pay the guvmt for the right to own one. 
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Congrats on the CZ.

I still kick myself for not buying a couple while in Germany. They were in a cheap Styrofoam and cardboard slider box and were $169 at the Rod n Gun Club club on post. You were allowed to bring home 2 and some restriction on selling them because they were practically unobtainable stateside and sold for $6-700 when you could find one. Course that all changed after the wall came down.

Had a 'Jungle Paint Finish' , came wrapped in plastic with enough grease to lube a jeep on them and 2 mags.

Long reach is correct. Not particularly accurate, but in the ballpark with the Wondernines back then.

Then they started getting better with the CZ 75B and so forth. I imagine the new ones are much better.

Looking forward to your range report. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,480 Senior Member
    At 30 feet I can usially place 100 rounds of Geco brand 230gr range ammo in a 4" circle with my 97B.  Taking my time to attempt to aim of course.

All my 75 variants are right around the same with range anmo.

They are all capable of far better than I am.  My eyesight just kinda sucks for shooting  with iron sights. 
    I kid you not, the single action trigger on this is very 1911-ish. Absolutely no creep and very crisp let off with just a smidgen of over travel that I don't notice when dry firing. Plan to go to a range today to check it out. 

The double action is long and heavy, but if you leave the weapon in the position it was in when you use the hammer drop, you are essentially in a partially cocked position. This shortens the double action considerably and makes it a lot sweeter. 

CZ sends a 25 yard electronic target that is computer generated based on their test firing of each weapon. This one has a 3 shot 25 meter group that measures 1.75 inches, about 3/4 of an inch left of center and about 2.5 inches above point of aim. 

We'll see if this is accurate at the range. I'm more of a 15 yard shooter for my defensive weapons now. Every defensive weapon I carry has to be capable of head shots at 25 yards, but at 15 they should all be in the 2" range for a full 5 rounds. 
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I've heard nothing but good things about the P-01.

I like my CZ-75B and RAMI for the exact reasons that you disliked yours - heavy, with a long reach on the trigger break. I have an assortment of lightweight semi-autos, but I like my CZs as target guns. I have taught the basics to several newbies, using the Kadet .22LR kit, and then bumping them up to 9mm, once they have relaxed a bit. All have done well with the stable platform, including one guy that was abused, his only other time at the range, by a dumbass getting his 'kicks' out of handing him a .44 magnum for his first experience. The Kadet gentled him quickly, and the transition into the 9mm was a piece of cake. He was shooting the XD45 very well, before the end of the session.

I look forward to your range report.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,789 Senior Member
    Excellent acquisition. I've had several CZs and have been pleased with the quality. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski