Home Main Category General Firearms

AR Pistol Holster

10canyon5310canyon53 MemberPosts: 2,122 Senior Member
I saw something at my shooting club's swap meet today that I have never seen, or even thought about before, so I thought I would share.  The holster maker did not have a specific application in mind, he just had been asked if he could make one so he decided to consider that a challenge.  It would even work for conceal-carry........if you were wearing a trench coat.

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,050 Senior Member
    That is one looong draw to clear the muzzle
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,999 Senior Member
    The only use I have for a single point sling is on my AR pistol...the holster thingy didn't appear useful at all...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,760 Senior Member
    I guess it could be useful if strapped to a backpack or some sort of transportation-----saddle on a horse----jeep, boat , bike...………………..
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 886 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    I’m not saying that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen. Because that’s reserved for the tool bag who would wear it. 
    The funny thing is, the tool bag that would wear it looks at it and says “That’s the coolest thing I have ever seen.”
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,760 Senior Member
    Waffle cook while fleeing civilization???????????
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    That is one looong draw to clear the muzzle
    Actually not.  If you look closely you will see that only about the last 2 inches are completely enclosed.  To draw you grab the grip, push forward until the receiver pops out of the kydex, lift about 2 inches and the muzzle clears the slot.  Actually works pretty well, I tested it.  Do I want one?  Nope.  Don't have a use for it.  The maker didn't have a practical use in mind either, he and I were joking about that.  He only made it because more than one person had asked him if he could......
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,050 Senior Member
    Didnt see that. Neat set up if someone had a use for it.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    Not a fan of AR pistols. Shouldn’t be that much of anything protruding behind the grip of a pistol, nonetheless a buffer tube. Nice work on the holster though.