Which to get rid of?

DemonthrallDemonthrall Posts: 1 New Member
Hello, I have been CCW with a Ruger LCP and a NAA .22 mag. I recently bought a Sig P365 9mm on the premise that I would get rid of one of the two aforementioned guns. Welcome to marriage. I am torn on which one to lose.

Anyways, which one do you guys think I should get rid of? I tend to pocket carry both, and the P365 will be a mix of pocket and OWB carry.

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,650 Senior Member
    Why get rid of one? They don't take up much space.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    When you buy the 9mm, you will have three necessary categories of personal armament. You still have to acquire a .22 revolver, .22 semi-auto, a .22 rifle, a center fire revolver, a shotgun,, a center fire carbine, and a center fire rifle, just to have a basic self defense and training ensemble.

Negotiating with your spouse to fill your basic fire arms requirements should be a major part of your self defense strategy.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,889 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,634 Senior Member
    Hide one & say it's gone ...... after the divorce you can bring it out again .
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    Or buy only black guns, and never take out more than four or five at one time.

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Hello, I have been CCW with a Ruger LCP and a NAA .22 mag. I recently bought a Sig P365 9mm on the premise that I would get rid of one of the two aforementioned guns. Welcome to marriage. I am torn on which one to lose.

Anyways, which one do you guys think I should get rid of? I tend to pocket carry both, and the P365 will be a mix of pocket and OWB carry.
    Premises are made to be broken. Keep them all!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,948 Senior Member
    edited February 10 #8
    Premise or Promise?

If it's a premise, just hide one  of them and call it good.

If you made a promise then get rid of the gun that fits your hand the worst (least amount of control and worst accuracy at the range). You'll have to determine that.

Thereby, upholding  your honor and keeping your promise, good Sir Knight.

If it were me, I wouldn't get rid of any of them -- certainly not on a premise. 
     ;) 

Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    Getting rid of either of those guns is kinda pointless as the resale value is negligible...
    I suggest you take your wife out for a nice dinner with the proceeds
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,231 Senior Member

Is this a trick question?
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,039 Senior Member
    The .22 Mag NAA.  If you have to get rid of any at all.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,698 Senior Member
    Get rid of the NAA by gift wrapping it and giving it to your partner/wife............Write a nice card to go with the present telling her how much she means to you and explaining that you worry about her safety when you are not with her............Then book a range day to show her how to use it.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,650 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    The .22 Mag NAA.  If you have to get rid of any at all.
    I have the 22lr and the 22 convertible with the belt buckle I would never part with either of them.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Billy_BuddBilly_Budd Posts: 568 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Which to get rid of? The wife.
    Lol!