Home Main Category General Firearms

Range Report for CZ P01 Omega (Urban Grey) Tactical

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,395 Senior Member
edited February 2019 in General Firearms #1

Here it is in the middle with my XD Mod 2, 3.3" subcompact on the bottom for comparison. The top is a Turkish rendition of the CZ called the T-100. 

It's a compact carry piece with alloy frame. The accuracy was very satisfying. It showed no preference between 124 or 115 grain projectiles either for accuracy or point of impact vs point of aim. 

All shooting at 15 yards unsupported. All shooting was done with no warm-up, other than a little dry firing before going to the range. 

Monarch 124 grain JHP single action only for 5 rounds = 2.75" perfectly centered at point of aim. 

WW White box 115 grain FMJ "double Action" for each shot at a 1" circle bulls eye. Group centered to point of aim. 

WW White box 115 grain FMJ single action only for 5 rounds at a 1" circle bulls eye yielded a 1.75" group centered to point of aim.

WW White box 115 grain FMJ single action only for 16 rounds = 4" Nearly centered at point of aim, with 4 or 5 shots out of group, and the remainder into 1.5" ragged hole.

The gun is a shooter... It may become my favorite carry piece, except to the states that don't allow threaded barrels.
It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    Shown in comparison, its smaller than I realized.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    Seems a good shooter. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,386 Senior Member
    afaik,

all of my cZs can outshoot me.

just a warning, you cant just stop at 1.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    edited February 2019 #6
    Nice gun, great shootin'. Better than I am with any 9mm - I only shoot that good at 15 yards with my .22, and once in a while by accident with my Walther PP (.32).
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Yes, when compared to another pistol, its compactness shows. This is a very comfortable pistol to carry. I have it on right now and compared to the 10 shot Mod 2 Subcompact, it feels significantly lighter. But then 10 shots of 230 grain .45 acp does add up!

Something else I didn't mention. It feels like shooting a .22 target pistol! I mean the recoil is nearly non-existent! The single action let off is terrific. 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    Good shooting.. It should serve you well.  The recoil sure sounds light.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,851 Senior Member
    Sounds like a keeper!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    That's why this place cost money. Now I'm looking at one of those. :) Good shootin.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey that's a keeper. Good shootin Dan.  It also helps to be a good shot like you are.

How much does it weigh? Can you remove that adapter at the end of the bbl or is it permanently affixed.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief said:
    Hey that's a keeper. Good shootin Dan.  It also helps to be a good shot like you are.

How much does it weigh? Can you remove that adapter at the end of the bbl or is it permanently affixed.
    The adapter screws on and off. Weight is about equal to my XD-S .45 with 7 rounds, while this one has 16 of 9mm. Truthfully, it feels about the same, but I don't have a scale. I think loaded it runs in the 30oz range. Some communist states don't allow threaded barrels. 
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 362 Member
    CZs just kinda rock...good shooting sir, very nice sidearm! B) 
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    Very good shooting performance.  Do you have any plans to add a suppressor?
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
    No plans. Depends on the laws. If they become relaxed maybe, but probably not .
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    The P07 is a sweet shooter suppressed. 
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Good shooting and nice looking, what more can you ask for? That o e looks like a keeper!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    edited February 2019 #18
    Do you get much blowback with the 07 suppressed?
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    Do you get much blowback with the 07 suppressed?
    Haven't shot it suppressed enough to have an informed opinion but don't recall any issues.