Home Main Category General Firearms

Life's Too Short To Carry An Ugly Gun!

2»

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    edited February 2019 #32
    For gun work I like Torques. I've never had a torque strip out on me.....Yet. Well, knock on wood. I guess it can happen with anything. But I've had hex heads strip. Small scope screws are especially aggravating. I will no longer buy mounts with hex head screws. I want torques. I do need a torque screwdriver though, because I HAVE had my Ham Fisted moments. I'm a piss poor Torque Guesser.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,119 Senior Member
    So..........is this thread about guns or screws?   confused smiley
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    Im thinking its about screw guns now.

CZ makes a dammed fine pistol.  Given the price point and what you get, a couple phillips screws are just fine.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,727 Senior Member
    edited February 2019 #35
    So..........is this thread about guns or screws?   confused smiley
    I'd rather talk about screws.  While I've had a bad gun, never had a bad screw.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    It's about guns and screws... The more I look at this gun, the more I think, Screw cpj.

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Better phillips than flatheads - 1911 not withstanding!
    Flatheads allow you to tighten or remove the grip screws with a knife blade or even a cartridge rim, if the groove/rim is appropriately sized (that's why JMB specified such screws on his 1911 designs). 

Yep.  The Torx heads on my Springfields all went AWAY, FAAAAAAR AWAY, never to return.  They're at the bottom of the same lake the FLGR's went into.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    While I've had a bad gun, never had a bad screw.
    Even when they're bad they're good.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    zorba said:
    Better phillips than flatheads - 1911 not withstanding!
    Flatheads allow you to tighten or remove the grip screws with a knife blade or even a cartridge rim, if the groove/rim is appropriately sized (that's why JMB specified such screws on his 1911 designs). 

Yep.  The Torx heads on my Springfields all went AWAY, FAAAAAAR AWAY, never to return.  They're at the bottom of the same lake the FLGR's went into.

I can now detail strip my Springfield and my Colt using only the firearm parts itself if I so desire. And use an empty .45 ACP case as a recoil spring plug.

Stupid quote feature.
    Overkill is underrated.