Anyone Heard From Ol' Rich Pouncey?

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,353 Senior Member
He was that naval captain who lived down in Florida. Haven't seen hide nor hair of him in a long time... 
It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,768 Senior Member
    Last I heard, Rich was so busy with the corn meal and the garden produce growing operation that he was working really long hours. So much so that he doesn't have anything resembling spare time.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,543 Senior Member
    Mike pretty well covered it. Debbie and I drove out to see him and Maria a couple weeks after the hurricane and they were ok but busier than ever. Rich was already selling his grits faster than he could grind them and he experimented with putting some in the smoker to see what they would taste like and after he sent samples to a few customers, another market exploded. He had his son in law make him a smoke house and he's now smoking 600lbs at a time. He pretty well works from sun up to sun down, seven days a week. Did I mention that he turned 80 in December?
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,353 Senior Member
    Well, I think I called the right telephone number and left a message. We'll see if I hear back. If anyone has his number and could pm me, I'll verify I have the right one... 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,053 Senior Member
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,353 Senior Member
    Thanks.

• Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,119 Senior Member
    80 years old and working those hours?  Lordy, what a constitution !!  Hope that schedule doesn't do him in!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 455 Member
    I'm not on here a lot but I had wondered the same thing. I had not seen any post by him in awhile. Glad to hear he's just busy, and at 80, that's great. I understand, I'll be 79 on Friday. Or would have been, if there was a 29th. Turn 20 by birthdays next year.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,768 Senior Member
    Being born on Feb. 29th in a leap year does bring up some logistical quandaries. Do you celebrate the birthday on Feb. 28th in non leap years, or March 1st?
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,739 Senior Member
    I missed born at 1:00PM...........missed Leap Year by 11 hours. I'll be 63 on Thursday.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,543 Senior Member
    olesniper said:
    I missed born at 1:00PM...........missed Leap Year by 11 hours. I'll be 63 on Thursday.
    You're one day older than Debbie, she turns 63 on Friday.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,725 Senior Member
    Turn 20 by birthdays next year.
    4 more years and you will be old enough to drink :)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,225 Senior Member
    You gotta see that dude in the woods.  He doesn't look close to 80 years old.  Gets around better than some guys 30 years his junior.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Mike, just for the record, I usually celebrate Feb. 28th but if I get a happy birthday on Mar 1st, I'll take it.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,480 Senior Member
    Mike, just for the record, I usually celebrate Feb. 28th but if I get a happy birthday on Mar 1st, I'll take it.

Paul, are you still climbing 14ers?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    edited March 16 #16
    Jerry, I climbed Mt. Blanca, 14'345' two years ago. That was my second attempt to do that one. But I'm slowing down, I've climbed six total, first one was when I was 70. I've made a couple of pretty good hike/climbs on Zapeta Falls lake trail past couple of years with my nephew and his mother. That is a little below the summit of the first 14er I climbed. I still enjoy it but I tire more than I once did...;)
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,429 Senior Member
    Damn, Paul......I live at 6300 ASL and the mailbox 80' away in the winter makes me wonder if there's anything worth fetching. 

14K.....maybe when I was 50. Not anymore.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter