Home Main Category General Firearms

impulse buy

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,398 Senior Member
 Went to rural king for dog food and a shop light. Walked past the gun case, stopped, and the rest is history. 22/45 MK4. I have wanted one for a while and this was just a tease. Put 20 rounds of armscorp 22 (cheap) through it at a steel plate at 25 yards. It shoots to the left a bit, but has the adjustable sights.Going to start hitting the indoor range again on thursdays.

httpwebmail2armstrongmywirecomservicehomeauthcolocen_USid138801part2

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    I can't see your picture, so what color scheme is it? Did you try taking it apart yet?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,450 Senior Member
    Must be the white camo in a snowdrift! Nice!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    I've found that Armscor to be pretty good. My 22/45 mk II is an old favorite for good reason.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    edited February 2019 #5

Pic mo betta? Basic black. No I havent taken it apart, I plan on getting it a little dirty first.
    edited February 2019 #6
    Ok, took it apart and put it back together since I posted last, about 4 min ago. That included looking up the instructions
    I see a few more improvements than just the disassembly mechanicals.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Sometimes impulse buys are the best kind.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Congrats on the Pistola. Rural King has some good deals on guns.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,690 Senior Member
    Buying guns in the same place you shop for domestic goods.....lucky you!

I favor more the conventional Mks grips (Got a MkIII Target) but can understand the preference for the 1911A1 style frame; very nice pistol....planning on installing optics in it?
    Would love to get a MkIV Competition model (Soon to arrive) but no gun fund so will have to just droll over the store's showpiece.
    Optics planet had last years bushnell red dot on sale and the ruger rail.... soooo optics for under a hundred bucks.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Antonio said:
    Buying guns in the same place you shop for domestic goods.....lucky you!

I favor more the conventional Mks grips (Got a MkIII Target) but can understand the preference for the 1911A1 style frame; very nice pistol....planning on installing optics in it?
    Would love to get a MkIV Competition model (Soon to arrive) but no gun fund so will have to just droll over the store's showpiece.
    Those are nice and if they are anywhere as good as older ones you will be able to shoot the wings off a gnat with it. Hope you get your gun fund built back up and get one soon.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,740 Senior Member
    Good choice! I've had the MK-III version for years and am very fond of it. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,854 Senior Member
     Went to rural king for dog food and a shop light. Walked past the gun case, stopped, and the rest is history. 22/45 MK4. I have wanted one for a while and this was just a tease. Put 20 rounds of armscorp 22 (cheap) through it at a steel plate at 25 yards. It shoots to the left a bit, but has the adjustable sights.Going to start hitting the indoor range again on thursdays.

httpwebmail2armstrongmywirecomservicehomeauthcolocen_USid138801part2

Looks good!   Is this the pistol that is supposed to emulate a 1911?
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    It's hard to go wrong with a 22/45.  Great choice.  I have a standard Ruger Mk II that is an absolute favorite.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,660 Senior Member
    I have the "Standard" Mk III with the tapered 6" bbl. I have a picture here somewhere...
    I can't remember a range trip when I didn't take it along - I like to shoot 100 rds with it before moving up to larger pistols.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    2 left (10-9) were pre adjustment, the three rt (9-8-7) were the first adj, then 5 for effect (x-x-10-9-9). 25 yards with the irons.
    Trigger isnt bad, it seems to do what it is supposed to,the error is on me. I think the pistol will hold a 10 ring. Need to retighten the stock nut a little.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster.

Rail came in.. I like it. Got it dialed in and 3 in the x are off a rest at 25, the rest are offhand at 25.
    Ruger 22/4, Ruger rail, Bushnell TRS-25, Armscor 22lr 36gr cheapest Rural King had.

Definitely a practice in trigger control. I would love to put a Volquartsen trigger but at 180.....

The 8 at 6 oclock was a mosquito flying between the lens and right eyeball while taking tension on the trigger. It was over 60F, the little bloodsuckers are hungry. It is supposed to be freezing again tonight, I am hoping they freeze their junk off.

I like this thing, a lot. From the rest as I was adjusting the scope, I was shooting inch groups. 6 out of 5 were inch groups.

After I did this, I backed up to 50 with 15 rounds left and slow fire was easy on a 12 in steel, so I dumped 10 rapid. I hit 8 out of 10 and the misses were my fault.
    You were having too much fun. Brought the skeeters out. Next time don't smile so much😁

Good shooting!
    There is much 22lr in my future

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 1,445 Senior Member
    Ignore the shade and extra filter on it.  They were only there for storage at the time.   A different optic will be in its future though.

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,371 Senior Member
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster.

Rail came in.. I like it. Got it dialed in and 3 in the x are off a rest at 25, the rest are offhand at 25.
    Ruger 22/4, Ruger rail, Bushnell TRS-25, Armscor 22lr 36gr cheapest Rural King had.

Definitely a practice in trigger control. I would love to put a Volquartsen trigger but at 180.....

The 8 at 6 oclock was a mosquito flying between the lens and right eyeball while taking tension on the trigger. It was over 60F, the little bloodsuckers are hungry. It is supposed to be freezing again tonight, I am hoping they freeze their junk off.

I like this thing, a lot. From the rest as I was adjusting the scope, I was shooting inch groups. 6 out of 5 were inch groups.

After I did this, I backed up to 50 with 15 rounds left and slow fire was easy on a 12 in steel, so I dumped 10 rapid. I hit 8 out of 10 and the misses were my fault.
    I sent my Mk IV to Volquartzen for the new trigger.  Love it.