Benchmade Knives stuck their foot in it....

2»

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,815 Senior Member
    Thank you. And I mean that sincerely, I really do.

And I wasn't picking on you....some others will soon experience the same short rope.

In explanation, since the last forum software upgrade, my abilities to post, much less moderate, have been greatly curtailed. IT finally got to the bottom of it. I am now back in the saddle.

You just happened to be the unfortunate "point man". 

Mike

The forum is better when any of the Mods post more. Moderate away....
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,504 Senior Member
    Oh that could have meant anything.........

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,469 Senior Member
    You guys are killin' me.

Hey..........what about them BenchMade knives?

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,300 Senior Member
    edited February 23 #35

And I wasn't picking on you....some others will soon experience the same short rope.

In explanation, since the last forum software upgrade, my abilities to post, much less moderate, have been greatly curtailed. IT finally got to the bottom of it. I am now back in the saddle.

Mike

Absolutely, and no worries mate (as my Aussie friends would say)!
    Maybe though we can get some of the silliness out of the auto censor? It starred out "w o p" on me the other day - as in do ****, do ****, do ****.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,469 Senior Member
    edited February 23 #36
    CHIRO1989 said:

Mike

The forum is better when any of the Mods post more. Moderate away....
    Thanks, but my long history of incoming PM's cast reasonable doubt upon your highly appreciated opinion.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    Back to the topic, we can't continue to let firearms/outdoor companies that 'consort with the enemy' get a pass. I'll reference the newly introduced H.R. 8 and the reincarnation of the assault weapons ban, with some draconian additions, that were recently introduced in the House. Both will likely pass the house on party lines in the House, and (Obi Wan you're our only hope) the Senate is our last best hope to kill both in an all out bloodletting. If both pass the House AND Senate, you'll be registering any new purchase 'assault weapon' with the BATF the same is if it were a machine gun. And ANY rifle or pistol holding more than ten rounds would be banned, as well as any shotgun with 'military characteristics or accessories'. Talk about nebulous language!

The bills being introduced in House and Senate concerning 'sensible firearms laws' is beyond a little scary. And 80% receivers will be outlawed.
    I'll make it easy for you. Here's the links to the legislation now before the Congress concerning firearms and related legislation. Whether or not you click the links and become informed is all on you.
    This mirrors House bill

Satan's (Congress) list of taking your rights one step at a time legislation

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Billy_BuddBilly_Budd Posts: 638 Senior Member
    I don't need to PM you, because if you don't recall your own rabid aversion to Facebook, I don't think spending my time recollecting it for you would be of much benefit to either of us.

We get it .....you don't like Facebook. We got it a long time ago.

Let it go, at least here.

Got it???

Linefinder
    Good lord. What was so bad about his post? I've seen ten times worse by another individual and nothing is ever said. And why the chastising for something so petty? Sheesh. Some of you guys are on hair-trigger around here. 
    edited February 23 #39
    zorba said:

Mike

Maybe though we can get some of the silliness out of the auto censor? It starred out "w o p" on me the other day - as in do ****, do ****, do ****.
    Or the auto-censor censoring the slang word for transmission - ****. Rhimes with granny. Lol! 

Edit: SEE! It did it again! I'm dying!!! Lol Lol!!!
    zorba said:

Mike

Or the auto-censor censoring the slang word for transmission - ****. Rhimes with granny. Lol! 

Edit: SEE! It did it again! I'm dying!!! Lol Lol!!!
    Edit No 2: Now that I edited it it decides to appear now! Lol!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,078 Senior Member
    It's reported that folks are finding that Surefire and EoTech have also donated to Democrats .

EoTech gave donations to Feinstein, and their giving to Democrats outweighs that to Republicans. 
    Overkill is underrated.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,504 Senior Member
    It's reported that folks are finding that Surefire and EoTech have also donated to Democrats .

EoTech gave donations to Feinstein, and their giving to Democrats outweighs that to Republicans. 
    Bribes to the losing candidate isn't going to gain any favoritism....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Pretty sure both those companies have Govt. contracts, I am sure there is a fair amount of extortion that occurs with campaign donations.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,036 Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up!  That's the kind of info that needs to get out.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,659 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

Pretty sure both those companies have Govt. contracts, I am sure there is a fair amount of extortion that occurs with campaign donations.
    I don't know, I think we should boycott them and drive them out of business. I mean we certainly aren't going to demand changes that fix the influence of money in politics. That would be ridiculous!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,462 Senior Member
    I wonder how gun control got so politicized?????

Seems like financial power is alot bigger than fire power???

Also seems like gun owners not only got taken for a ride, but are enthusiastic about the trip????
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,659 Senior Member
    I wonder how gun control got so politicized?????

Seems like financial power is alot bigger than fire power???

Also seems like gun owners not only got taken for a ride, but are enthusiastic about the trip????
    We are a useful captured constituency. Like so many others across the spectrum. 
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    CHIRO1989 said:

I don't know, I think we should boycott them and drive them out of business. I mean we certainly aren't going to demand changes that fix the influence of money in politics. That would be ridiculous!
    I have more of a problem with the gun destruction and flaunting it on Facebook than I do with business practices that require getting in bed with politicians to improve your bottom line.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,386 Senior Member
    For everyone who has been so triggered by Benchmade and Surefire, I'll gladly take any products off of your hands and dispose of them. I'll even PAY for shipping. 

Seriously though, on the subject of donations, most major corporations donate to both major candidates in any race. This is so they have some sway regardless of the victor. I'd reason to venture that almost EVERY company does this. Benchmade is in a blue state, for them to continue business largely unmolested it makes sense to donate to who they think will win. 

The real issue here is campaign finance policies. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • KMT2KMT2 Member Posts: 277 Member
    Well considering that I have a foundry in Calhoun county, that does the destruction of guns and weapons that were confiscated or apart of a crime , for MSP and local sheriff departments. If it is the departments requirements to destroy them. This is ok, now they done advertise this but it is a good way to make all items compliance. While I belive it was not the smartest thing , , they were helping out of the department. The entire action is a light mare and is under a full observation control of the departments. 
    If you think OHSA is a little town in Wisconsin you may be in trouble!
    Peace is firing my guns or 60 feet below the surface of the water.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,583 Senior Member
    I wonder if the Benchmade executives could hear the popping champagne corks a few miles away at Gerber?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 said:
    I wonder if the Benchmade executives could hear the popping champagne corks a few miles away at Gerber?
    There are some good knifemakers in the U.S. If Benchmade suffers a downturn in sales, there are other options out there as good or better to choose from. Pissed off folk have been shopping with their feet for a long time, and a lot of manufacturers have learned hard lessons from it.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,487 Senior Member
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Seriously though, on the subject of donations, most major corporations donate to both major candidates in any race. This is so they have some sway regardless of the victor. I'd reason to venture that almost EVERY company does this. Benchmade is in a blue state, for them to continue business largely unmolested it makes sense to donate to who they think will win. 

The real issue here is campaign finance policies. 
    I seriously doubt that a small-time knife maker has any benefit or relevance supporting politicians in a blue state. You're comparing a penny to billions. 
2»