Should Hoda Muthana be allowed back in the USA?

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 18,725 Senior Member
edited February 23 in Second Amendment/Politics #1
I'm sure most of you are familiar with the situation, as much national news coverage as it's been receiving, but just in case someone isn't, here's an article about her

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/world/middleeast/isis-bride-hoda-muthana.html

Personally, I feel she renounced her citizenship, and is on her own.

Thoughts?

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,717 Senior Member
    I feel that once you jump off the cliff ...... no second chance . Why let a indoctrinated terrorist back in . We have way to many now that need to go so why add one more to the watch list ?
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,456 Senior Member
    edited February 23 #3
    That reads as complexed.

There could easily be young American soldiers that dont get a choice because of her terrorist activity.

Also Trump and Pompeo would obviously have more detailed information than the press.

On the otherhand she may be more useful here than elsewhere in the fight against terrorism.

Seems like its best to leave the decision up to those that have already made it.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,502 Senior Member

Even if this is fake, it is the ideology she ran to.....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,104 Senior Member
    edited February 23 #5
    Let her sorry ass rot in the hellholes she ran to in the beginning. I do not have 1 gram of pity for this worthless dog-turd on a stick!! The Brits are having the same issue with one of their own too. I imagine the American commie-democraps are going to fight this tooth and nail.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,993 Senior Member
    Sounds like a classic case of rushing off to fight "American injustice" only to learn that she hadn't seen anything like injustice until she got abroad.

Let's make a deal honey; you give us actionable intelligence on where to send snatch teams or drop smart bombs, and THEN we can talk about your terms of entry.  The radio tracker wrapped around your ankle is non-negotiable.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 85 Member
    No!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,288 Senior Member
    I was aware of the British woman, but hadn't heard of this one. I'd say *maybe* if there's useful intel to be had, otherwise, "too bad, so sad".
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,570 Senior Member
    I say NO, however there is a child involved, that is a US citizen. With that I say more info is needed.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    Yes. Bring her back to the U.S...........................with a 20 year layover at Guantanamo Bay.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Diver43 said:
    I say NO, however there is a child involved, that is a US citizen. With that I say more info is needed.
    According to the lawyerese I saw, she was the daughter of a Diplomat and is not a US citizen by birth.......No way the kid can be a citizen
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,468 Senior Member
    Hmmmm.... I've got to put this in a personal perspective for a second............

I was a 19 YO Marine NCO willing to sacrifice all for my country.

She was a 19 YO willingly squeezing out more terrorists.

I'm terribly conflicted.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,511 Senior Member

I say yes.  Let her back in, and then arrest and prosecute her for treason the second she sets foot on US soil.  Let's see how agreeable she is to those conditions.

If she wants to claim birthright citizenship, and let's treat her like any other citizen who has committed treason.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,809 Senior Member

I say yes.  Let her back in, and then arrest and prosecute her for treason the second she sets foot on US soil.  Let's see how agreeable she is to those conditions.

If she wants to claim birthright citizenship, and let's treat her like any other citizen who has committed treason.

Yep, let her back and make an example out of her.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,934 Senior Member
    Actions have consequences....karma is a bitch...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,097 Senior Member

That is my thoughts.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,570 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    100% Correct
    On the news the other days she wants to return and knows she will be prosecuted. Documents need to be reviewed, determine if she is a citizen. If yes bring her home and make an example of her and take proper care of the child. If not, let her rot over there.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,732 Senior Member
    She made her choice. She can live under the system she left the United States for. 
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,334 Senior Member

Yes, bring her back.  Let her visit the World Trade Center reflecting pools- - - - - -

From 10,000 feet altitude

Without a parachute.

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,655 Senior Member
    Jayhawker said:
    This
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 932 Senior Member
    Why is this even a question in today’s times? Leave her there or put a bullet in her here. Don’t care about her kid either. Not my problem.
    More than likely she was happy to be there until they started measuring her kid up for a new vest..................

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,245 Senior Member
    She made her choice. 
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,583 Senior Member

What a coincidence. Yesterday I watched a fairly accurate documentary on the Cold War. It addressed the Rosenbergs who were tried, convicted, and executed for espionage/treason. HO-da may want to reconsider her dubious US citizenship. 
  • das68das68 Posts: 568 Senior Member
    from the Australian Spectator

Islamic State bride Shamima Begum has been stripped of her British citizenship after showing no remorse for joining up with the terror group.

Begum’s dual nationality — as both her parents are of Bangladeshi — reportedly cleared the way for today’s decision.

Tasnime Akunjee, compared the radicalised youngster to a ‘traumatised’ First World War soldier in a TV interview.

Muthana’s family lawyer, Hassan Shibly, told ABC News the young mother was “brainwashed” by ISIS and now feels “tremendous remorse.”

“This is a young, vulnerable woman who was brainwashed and manipulated by monsters who took advantage of her,” Shibly said in an interview that airs on “Good Morning America” on Tuesday morning. “Hooda is absolutely disgusted by the person she became while under the spell.”

History is littered with wars which everybody knew would never happen.

Enoch Powell

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,600 Senior Member
    The point of contention is the claim that her father left his diplomatic position one month before she was born. If this is true, she should be allowed back in order to be executed for treason. If this proves not to be true, her and her son can stay in the refugee camp in Syria. Germany or the UK would probably accept her.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    edited February 25 #27
     or the UK would probably accept her.
    Hoda Muthana was born in New Jersey in 1994 to a father who had recently been a Yemeni diplomat but whose diplomatic post had been terminated one month prior to her birth

And it appears that the State Department has already considered that question and agreed that Muthana is a citizen because it issued her a U.S. passport on two separate occasions before reversing itself in 2016 when it revoked Muthana’s passport.
    No autocensor bypasses, please.

Linefinder

Enoch Powell

das68 said:
     or the UK would probably accept her.
    Hoda Muthana was born in New Jersey in 1994 to a father who had recently been a Yemeni diplomat but whose diplomatic post had been terminated one month prior to her birth

And it appears that the State Department has already considered that question and agreed that Muthana is a citizen because it issued her a U.S. passport on two separate occasions before reversing itself in 2016 when it revoked Muthana’s passport.
    No autocensor bypasses but

Linefinder

Thank you for that but F*E*C*K*I*N*G is not a swear word in Ireland
    S*H*I*T is very small fish in the  United Kingdom
    but isolationism way to go.

Enoch Powell

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,468 Senior Member
    Das,

Consider this your last warning.

Linefinder
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter