Hey Chief!

coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior MemberPosts: 6,460 Senior Member
"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
George Carlin

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    We got some certifiably weird folk in East TN. :D :D :D
    Nashville has the lock on weird in TN, though. :D
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,248 Senior Member
    Brace yourselves, Florida Man is not going to let Tennessee have the spotlight long.....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Oh man...........nothing like gonads and salsa!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,936 Senior Member
    The comments on the link aren't too bad.... :D
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,097 Senior Member
    I'm calling BS on that one.  Doing that would be a tad on the painful side, and for any nonbelievers, just try it for yourself...  :D
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,460 Senior Member
    I've seen water that advertises "untouched by human hands"... for some, this might be a sales feature.

It no longer is, for me. 
    George Carlin
    I've seen water that advertises "untouched by human hands"... for some, this might be a sales feature.

It no longer is, for me. 
    Water is the ultimate recyclable thing.........................EEEEWWWWwwwww! :#
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 2,184 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    We got some certifiably weird folk in East TN. :D :D :D
    Nashville has the lock on weird in TN, though. :D
    That's good to know.

I thought it was just a Peaple's Republic thing. Or Florida, or Colorado, or Oregon,................

Tea Baggin' the salsa as payback, now that's "Low"!

Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
    I hope GrubHub doesn't try to One-up these guys, or they might be known in the future as ChubHub!
    :s
    One of the many reasons I shy away from fast food.
    And a tip is commensurate on the level of service provided.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,605 Senior Member
    "that" site again...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 287 Member
    How does one dip the salsa for the lowball tip AFTER delivery ??
    How does one dip the salsa for the lowball tip AFTER delivery ??
    Phone-in order, or computer/smart phone order. You can apply the tip on the order at time of ordering.

Apparently, there's a scale of some sort.

Generous
    Less than Generous
    Average
    Lousy

And

Teabag :#

If the service is lousy then the tip should be also...

The part I don't understand is, at what point did we go from -- the tip is provided after the service and now the tip comes first -- like a bribe not to mess with my food!
    :/
    Good service earns a tip.  Messing with the food earns an ass kicking. 
    George Carlin
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

Man Arrested For Placing His Sack In The Salsa

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief said:
    Oh man...........nothing like gonads and salsa!
    And curly fiberous keratin at no extra charge. Hmm.....
    :s
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,097 Senior Member
    Huevos and salsa... 
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,609 Senior Member

It no longer is, for me. 

I can't remember the brand but is that the one that advertises 'water made by nature not man'? I may be decades ignorant but my science classes taught that water could be converted by electrolysis to hydrogen and oxygen but water could not be produced from those gasses. I doubt if we can ever return to "truth in advertising" as there is to much $$$ involved. 
    sgtrock21 said:

I can't remember the brand but is that the one that advertises 'water made by nature not man'? I may be decades ignorant but my science classes taught that water could be converted by electrolysis to hydrogen and oxygen but water could not be produced from those gasses. I doubt if we can ever return to "truth in advertising" as there is to much $$$ involved. 
    Actually, you CAN make water from H2 and O2 gas just by burning the two, and under the right conditions no flame is necessary, at not least in the normal understanding of flame.

I'll try to explain how it happens in the Volume Control Tank (VCT) of a PWR reactor system. Some of the water in the reactor escapes by design past the reactor coolant pump seals, goes through a heat exchanger system, and ends up in the VCT. The VCT has a specific fluid level maintained in it, and the cover gas is H2. Now back to the water going past the reactor coolant pump seals. In the reactor, the neutrons are slowed by the water molecules, and sometimes the neutrons will split apart the H2 and O bond. That hydrogen and oxygen is entrained in the reactor coolant, and some of it ends up in the VCT. The hydrogen and oxygen recombine in the hydrogen rich atmosphere in the VCT because opposite ions attract. That H2 wants to snuggle up with an O atom pretty bad, and does.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,605 Senior Member
    Mike - just outta complete curiosity, did you ever work on/with a BWR in addition to PWR?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    sgtrock21 said:

It no longer is, for me. 

I forget which brand it is, I'll take a look today... that is ringing a bell though. 
    George Carlin
    Is it the Fiji water?

I think so, but it was one of those days yesterday... and frankly, I forgot to look.  Pretty sure that's it though. 
    George Carlin