Ouch......

2»

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,650 Senior Member
    edited March 2019 #32
    zorba said:
     I was driving home from work in a Yugo.
    Somehow I am not surprised you had a Yugo.  :D
    It was actually a pretty good car - at least the one we had was. We apparently got lucky and got one without a porous engine block casting. The only real problem we had was with the cheap plastic interior door and window handles. After about the 3rd time breaking, I replaced them with identical ones from the Fiat model the Yugo was cloned from - those were metal and didn't break.
    But it drove well, and handled well. The gearshift was a bit vague, and felt kind of rubbery, but you got used to that. Had lots of "get up and go" - was fun to drive. Best of all, no damn "technology". 4 wheels and a motor, the way its supposed to be.
    We currently have a Fiat "Pop". It feels far more substantial than the Yugo was, and its transmission is the nicest manual I've ever driven in any car bar none. Smooth as glass. Of course it has the stupid American market power windows/door locks, but at least the computer crap is unobtrusive - and yes, the computer has already been a problem. I will admit that the computerized VVT on the Fiat "Multi-Air" engine works very well - it has plenty of low-end grunt (almost diesel like), yet will produce power into the high RPM ranges when needed. Contrast to the Toyota we had that had ZERO bottom end resulting in engine kills and a clutch replacement at 125K. I like an engine that will "pull like a tractor" from just off idle - and the little Fiat will do it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    Gila said:
    The web site is buggering on me today.  It worked just fine for me yesterday.  Any time I click on an agree, like or LOL button I get this:

Javascript is enabled, and everything else here works just fine.
    The badge buttons still broken, and I just found out that my notifications button doesn't clear after I click on it.  I also tried to flag this post, and that doesn't do anything either...  :/
    Now the two culprit threads, old guns/new guns and good, bad & ugly shops, are again no longer showing new posts to them. All of the other problems remain... 
    No good deed goes unpunished...