Home Main Category Clubhouse

For you dads and gramps.....

olesniperolesniper Senior MemberPosts: 3,763 Senior Member
If you have kids or grandkids, or in Ned's case, great, great, great grandkids......I saw one of these in Gander Outdoors, Jackson, TN, on Wednesday. 

Kid sized single shot.

https://www.keystonesportingarmsllc.com/product/crickett-precision-rifle/

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Replies

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    I have one of these for my son. It’s incredibly accurate and fun to use the suppressor on since it has a threaded bbl. He can outshoot me with it.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,915 Senior Member
    I need a Grandson, or Grandaughter 
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    That's a neat little rifle. And with a can it sure would be quiet. I really hope that suppressors are finally removed from the NFA list. It would be a real boon for kids and shooting.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    I hope the same thing. BTW..........that Gander Outdoors had a display case, with a full shelf full of cans.
    They've buddyed up with Silent Legion. This might mean they have a little early knowledge of something coming. Why else would they pay for a class 3 license at every store and deal with the current hassle involved with suppressors?

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,740 Senior Member
    That's an excellent looking bench gun.  You'd have a hard time hunting squirrels with it, though.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    olesniper said:
    They've buddyed up with Silent Legion. This might mean they have a little early knowledge of something coming. Why else would they pay for a class 3 license at every store and deal with the current hassle involved with suppressors?

Because more people are ponying up the postage for the "mother may I?" stamp.  Why not be the Walmart of suppressed shooting?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    I don't want to get my boy in trouble with his wife, so my grand daughter is getting this for Christmas.

We can't even go shooting when they visit because my son (and he was in the Marines) is afraid my grand daughter will let the cat out of the bag when she gets home,..
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Wrong choice.  Make him pay by getting her a drum set.  😁  Or better yet, a violin. 

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Wrong choice.  Make him pay by getting her a drum set.  😁  Or better yet, a violin. 

My brother has three grown kids and every christmas gift from me during their youth was something that made noise or fired a projectile.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Clarinet. 😳
    George Carlin

I gave her a real electronic keyboard when she was five.  I suggested that since she liked it so much, she should start taking music lessons.  My son wanted her to learn the violin, I thought she'd opt for the piano, but she chose the guitar.  Over the years I've also given her a dozen water guns, huge bag of water balloons, finger paint, sidewalk chalk and a make your own working volcano kit.  I also got her a karaoke machine (her mother is Japanese), then I got her a Fender amp, a real microphone and a programmable  percussion simulator.  This will be her first full size guitar, and since it is an electric/acoustic it will be the first time she can plug into the amp together with her mic.  I think I'll get her a recurved bow for her birthday, which is on December 24th.

BTW, I play the clarinet, and I can say from experience that learning to play a sax is much more obnoxious than the clarinet, violin or drums...  :D
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Gila said:

BTW, I play the clarinet, and I can say from experience that learning to play a sax is much more obnoxious than the clarinet, violin or drums...  :D
    I don't know, listening to someone learning to play the violin can curl your toes.
    The fact that her mother is Japanese explains to me why she is not comfortable around firearms.  Very different culture.  One that we (Americans) forcibly disarmed at the end of WWII.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    Don't forget the "Super Deluxe Chemistry Set" at the appropriate age! :D
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    They don't make real chemistry sets any more...
    Yeah, but the cool chemicals don't come in the new sets and are used up in the vintage ones.  I had one when I was a boy similar to the one pictured.

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 1,057 Senior Member
    The old and “real” chemistry sets used to come with a radioactive substance in them. Those were also the days of going to get new shoes, getting your foot measured and a healthy dose of excessive X-ray radiation.
    The old and “real” chemistry sets used to come with a radioactive substance in them. Those were also the days of going to get new shoes, getting your foot measured and a healthy dose of excessive X-ray radiation.
    The good old days...
    George Carlin
  • gunner81gunner81 Member Posts: 434 Member

Bagpipes