Cattle and methane production, the truth

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 26,106 Senior Member
Y'all have heard all the hype from the Congresscritters and idiots in the MSM, and the green brigade spewing lies. Here's a dose of truth about cattle and their part in the methane chain. Don't read these links if the truth scares ya! :D

If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,424 Senior Member
    The green idiots' feeble minds are made up- - - - -don't confuse them with facts!
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,802 Senior Member
    Seems to be a contest of who can say the dumbest thing in government lately . Then think up a law so everyone has to go along with it Mike . It is scary to think this is the type of people that were elected by there states .  I hope it is because of election fraud is how they get in & not that the people really think the way they do .
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,849 Senior Member
    "Facts? we don't need no stinkin' facts"
    :D
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    OAC is making threats to moderate democruds: if you don't embrace our agenda, prepare to get primaryed. She's pretty arrogant for a toothy little twit. Has Pelosi made her the spokesnut for the party?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    OAC is making threats to moderate democruds: if you don't embrace our agenda, prepare to get primaryed. She's pretty arrogant for a toothy little twit. Has Pelosi made her the spokesnut for the party?
    Well, you have to pass on the environmentally-friendly, low-emissions, sustainably-fueled torch at some point. . .  Add 40 years and move her to SF, and I don't  think you could tell the difference.  Maybe they're hoping that since she's young and kind of hot, we'll be distracted from the fact that SHE'S ABSOLUTELY NUTS, whereas Nancy has reached the point that the Planter's can is all you notice.

So it seems that, in addition to guns, we can add large sodas, plastic drinking straws, and cheeseburgers to the things we hold aloft while saying "FROM MY COLD, DEAD HAND"
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Her mouth spews more pollutants than any cows ass!!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Just thought some actual facts on cattle 'exhaust' systems, and some other stuff might be worthwhile in case you get into a 'discussion' with a leftwad econut. :D
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

That ditzy gal could eat an ear of corn on the cob through a picket fence- - - - -wonder how those teeth got that way?  Maybe she's got a little competition gong with Debbie Whatshername Schultz!
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,090 Senior Member
    Teach said:
    The green idiots' feeble minds are made up- - - - -don't confuse them with facts!
    Unfortunately, those presentations are above the reading level of those who need to understand this stuff.  Besides, words and math which are no longer taught in public schools were used...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,444 Senior Member
    I wonder what the plan is for the millions of acres of land that is currently being grazed, like mine. After it gets reposed by the bank, hard to make your payment when you can't use it, I would guess it would eventually end up being owned by the county for nonpayment of taxes.  I hope Alpha can answer this so I can plan my future.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,553 Senior Member
    How long until Tlaib and Omar want to ban pigs?  No doubt they fart, too.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    How long until Tlaib and Omar want to ban pigs?  No doubt they fart, too.
    Lots of pig farrowing and finishing houses have the pig poop washed to a manure lagoon that has a heavy plastic cover over it to catch the methane and other burnable gases. That gas is pumped and used for heating in the winter. I don't know for sure about 'most' of them, but I know of a few that burn it off when not needed for heating.

Filter it, compress it, and run the tractor on the stuff!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    edited March 3 #15
    Bigslug said:Maybe they're hoping that since she's young and kind of hot, we'll be distracted from the fact that SHE'S ABSOLUTELY NUTS, whereas Nancy has reached the point that the Planter's can is all you notice.
    She's not bad if you disregard the bug-eyes, the wood-chipper teeth and the surfboard nose.

JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    edited March 3 #16
    Bigslug said:Maybe they're hoping that since she's young and kind of hot, we'll be distracted from the fact that SHE'S ABSOLUTELY NUTS, whereas Nancy has reached the point that the Planter's can is all you notice.
    She's not bad if you disregard the bug-eyes, the wood-chipper teeth and the surfboard nose.

Remember that this is all relatively speaking - considering the dried up fossils that traditionally make up the legislative body.

One of our local wings of the Jack F.M. radio franchise won, in my opinion, the Subtle Humor of the Month Award with the following:

"And now, Jack F.M. presents another exciting game of 'Who would you rather - Nancy Pelosi or Mitch McConnell?"  They immediately followed that up by playing Billy Idol's Dancin' With Myself:D

The Hot/Crazy Scale explained: 
    https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A2KLfSOeBHxclsYARJdXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEyY3VucDBuBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjY4MjFfMQRzZWMDc2M-?p=Hot/Crazy+scale&fr=mcafee#id=1&vid=e5726d01a9feb131bda890957d73892e&action=view
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    What's wrong with the teeth-----I used to date bucky beaver.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.

That one's definitely a two-bagger- - - - -but compared to Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, the foul-mouthed beeyotch that called Trump a "M F'er" or the terrorist in the burkha, things could be a lot worse!

Jerry

I'd have to judge AOCs 'desirability' by two scales I'm most familiar with; the prostitutes on the pier scale, and the nuclear powerhouse scale.
    On the prostitutes on the pier scale she'd hit about a 5.0 to 5.5. After a month or more out at sea, sailors can be rather indiscriminate. :D
    On the nuclear powerhouse scale, she'd barely rate a 2.0 to 2.9. There were some FINE looking women working at the nuclear plants.

Hot enough to glow in the dark, huh?

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,430 Senior Member
    Mmmmm.....beef!
    Teach said:

Hot enough to glow in the dark, huh?

Well, there was this one red head gal on my shift work group that I liked a LOT. Nothing romantic but definitely a lot of fun on the job. We ended up in H.R. a couple of times because some gal ratted her out as sexually harassing me!!!! :D :D :D

• GilaGila Posts: 1,090 Senior Member

No good deed goes unpunished...
    You REALLY have to wonder about the intelligence level of the folks that elected her; maybe that should actually be the LACK OF INTELLIGENCE of the people who elected her. She does add a whole new level of comic relief to the House of Representatives, though. With her spewing silly stuff, the Muslim congresswomen hating on the U.S. and supporting terrorists with their speaking, and the campaign finance violations of AOC and the Muslim Congresswoman from Michigan, it's better than the clown show at a three ring circus. You just know the next news story about them is going to top the last one in hilarity.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,058 Senior Member

She got Charlie Manson eyes...only thing missing is the swastika carved in that expansive forehead...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    She is the very definition of charisma in this brave new snowflake world.

So what, if she is a moron? Who else would we want out there, setting an example for all of the disenfranchised morons, everywhere? Even Hilary Clinton made gigantic mistakes, and she was the smartest woman in the world.

It really doesn't matter, as long as she fits the profile - young, attractive, professionally made up, fifth grade reading level, minority, female. We can only hope that she is also gay, or at least trans-gender, and that she may eventually convert to Islam. She is still relatively young, so by the time she reaches the legal age for becoming president, she may fit whatever profile we have been given by the media, for the perfect president. It would prove, once and for all, that anybody, no matter how mentally challenged, can grow up to be president.

If, as a country, we could attain that lofty distinction, who really cares about all of the boring stuff?
  • mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 924 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I'd have to judge AOCs 'desirability' by two scales I'm most familiar with; the prostitutes on the pier scale, and the nuclear powerhouse scale.
    On the prostitutes on the pier scale she'd hit about a 5.0 to 5.5. After a month or more out at sea, sailors can be rather indiscriminate. :D
    On the nuclear powerhouse scale, she'd barely rate a 2.0 to 2.9. There were some FINE looking women working at the nuclear plants.

Around here it is not uncommon to see it written in a blue box that a "job site 10 is an up North 4".  By up North they are usually talking about just below the bridge and all the U.P.
    I'll just throw in a curve ball on the methane thing. You'd have to be pretty dense not to see the problem here. Methane hydrates and volcanic an earthquake zones along the coasts. Here's some info that might be of interest to someone. All it would take is an earthquake or some volcanic activity causing a slide off the coast to make some major methane release most anywhere in the world. So much for cow belches and flatulence! :D

Alpha will be along to dismiss this sometime in the future.  :)

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,546 Senior Member
    It may be apples and oranges, but how would the volume of wildebeest farts (of which there are gazillions, apparently) compare to that of commercial cattle? Or how would the annual methane emissions of commercial cattle compare to the "nasties" launched aloft via a single above ground hydrogen bomb test? 

Why zero in on only commercial cattle? Let's do away with wildebeests, cattle, lawyers, squirrels and North Korea. Problem greatly diminished.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
    Mike, you forgot the North American Bison. Their diet makes them especially gassy at both ends. Ungulates in general pour out a lot of methane.
    Eradicating feral hogs, and they are plentiful to the point of being considered hooved vermin, would also be a good step.
    Reducing the human population would also be good. There are billions of humans pumping out greenhouse gases.
    And a source NO ONE EVER MENTIONS. TERMITES! Individually, they don't produce much, but considering that they are one of the largest, if not THE largest biomass on Earth, they can't be ignored. They produce at least 15% of the methane released into the atmosphere.
    I LOVE SCIENCE!