Definitely a negligent, and painful firearms discharge

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 26,095 Senior Member
A decent holster for that pistol would have prevented this painful experience. Stupid and painful collided at the intersection.

MARION, Ind. (WISH) -  A man in Indiana accidentally shot himself in the genitals early Thursday morning when a gun slipped from his waistband, police said. 

While in the emergency room of Marion General Hospital, Mark Anthony Jones, 46, told police he was walking about 6:44 a.m. on a riverside trail when the gun began to slip from his waistband. He reached to adjust the firearm and it discharged.

"The bullet entered just above his penis and exited his scrotum," said a Marion Police Department spokesperson.

The gun was not in a holster.

Marion police said Jones did not have a license for the Hi-Point 9mm gun he was carrying. 

Grant County prosecutors will review the case to consider possible criminal charges.

If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 2,163 Senior Member
    edited March 2 #2
    No license to carry... Not surprised. A good CCW class would have stressed the importance of a decent holster for whatever firearm you choose to carry.

Must have been using that Hollywood Apendickless carry method.

This was the universe telling him not to reproduce!
    :D
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,589 Senior Member
    I've taken deliberate and extensive premeditated care to prevent that type of thing.

• mitdr774mitdr774 Member Posts: 922 Senior Member
    At least a Hi Point is good for something....
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,551 Senior Member
    edited March 2 #5
    Wonder if the Hi-Point in question was the $100 bill collector's edition? ;)
    Obviously, he didn't have the safety on!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    For Appendix carry.
    Step1: No round in chamber.
    Step2: Good holster.
    Step3: Iron underwear!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,037 Senior Member
    Now, when the NRA teaches kids the lyrics to the Eddie Eagle song, they can say "Just follow the bouncing ball. . ."
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,750 Senior Member
    Oops looks like he dropped the ball! 🤣😂
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    mitdr774 said:
    At least a Hi Point is good for something....
    That gun will now be known as his Pea-ter Shooter.
    :o
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,966 Senior Member
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,095 Senior Member
    Depending on how close the muzzle was to his bullet violated giblets, he might have also done some flash frying and some high pressure gas destruction from the muzzle blast. It's possible he saved some $$$ on a vasectomy, though! :D
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,966 Senior Member
    Penectomy?
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,065 Senior Member
    Darwin 
    He pert near changed himself from a rooster to a hen with one shot. (9 to 5 movie reference)

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,909 Senior Member
    Walt Whitman would be jealous....
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Guess he's go to go -- ready to board the mothership.

Being an honorary Eunuch and all.
    :o
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,451 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Walt Whitman would be jealous....
    I doubt it, but thanks anyway!🤣
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    That's just NUTS!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,841 Senior Member
    edited March 6 #20
    CGG, where should I send the cleaning bill for my keyboard, after spitting coffee all over it? :lol: :D :D :D
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,428 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

Marion police said Jones did not have a license for the Hi-Point 9mm gun he was carrying. 

Grant County prosecutors will review the case to consider possible criminal charges.

If he is not a career criminal, I would say he's had enough.
    Michakav said:
    tennmike said:

If he is not a career criminal, I would say he's had enough.
    Doubtful he's done if he was a criminal. He's gonna likely be in hock to the Snap-On salesman depending on the damage he did. :D

• StenfieldStenfield Member Posts: 39 Member
    Now he will have a reputation for going OFF HALF COCKED ?????
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,224 Senior Member
    Was the pistol loaded with ball ammunition?
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    "Yesterday, all life's troubles seemed so far away... now, it seems as though they're here to stay... I just have blown my balls away. 

Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be... from here on out, I'll have to sit to pee,  the sound and flame cam..'''e suddenly...

What'll I do with my worthless junk, I don't know, there's too much pain. I did something wrong, now my skivies are all blood stained..."

LOL!!! Now that there's funny I don't care who ya are or .....or were, LOL!!!

Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,099 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    Looks like it, don't it? 
    Overkill is underrated.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    I've taken deliberate and extensive premeditated care to prevent that type of thing.

I bstI
    tennmOke said:
    He pert near changed himself from a rooster to a hen with one shot. (9 to 5 movie reference)

tennmike said:

tennmike said:

Gene L said:
    Most probably...
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    tennmike said:
    Depending on how close the muzzle was to his bullet violated giblets, he might have also done some flash frying and some high pressure gas destruction from the muzzle blast. It's possible he saved some $$$ on a vasectomy, though! :D
    At least he's got a Cool tattoo to go with his vasectomy. He'll be popular in jail.
    ;)
    edited March 9 #29
    Neither gun should be handled that way!
    Poor "gun handling" all around!

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,626 Senior Member
    Yuck it up guys. Sure the guy did a lot of things wrong, but if the weapon had an engaged positive safety, a true "off" switch, which would have prevented it from discharging if the trigger was accidentally, unintentionally, or negligently pressed, this wouldn't have happened. 

I'm sure this dim bulb would have had some other kind of accident sooner or later - some people are just fated to serve as an example for the rest of us - and whatever other mishap this poor devil was destined for might have been worse or better, who knows, but at least it wouldn't have been this. 
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,065 Senior Member
    Based upon what I have seen on TV, the Hi-Point is often carried in the waistband that way.  The guy has a reasonable argument that it was defective .... pants that caused the guy to become a transgender involuntarily.