new England 223

papabear68papabear68 Posts: 13 New Member
I have a New England 223  single shot    I have only shot it about 10 times. its just like new . no scratches or defects  what  fair price could I sell it for?

Replies

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Go to an auction sight like Gunbroker and see what they are selling for! Then knock off 25-50% for a realistic price.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,729 Senior Member
    I wish I had bought more of the H&R/NEF guns before Freedom group destroyed the company.  I have 3 of them, and they are all great shooters.  

AAMOF, my longest shot on a game animal (210 yards on an Axis Doe) was with an NEF "Survivor" in .308.

If I were you, I would keep it and shoot the snot out of it
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,483 Senior Member
    I agree with bullsi.....keep it, I sold one a few years ago that I wish I would have kept.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 2,180 Senior Member
    Do you have a picture of it?
    Is it scoped?

Here's one that was listed on Armslist for $250.

You might only get half of what it's worth at a gunshop. On the other hand, if a private citizen really wants one then you'll get more.

Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    I have one of the NEF .223 single shots with heavy bull barrel and laminated stock. It's way more accurate than it should be. Also have one in .30-30 that I really like. Nice to be able to use spitzer and spitzer boattail bullets in a .30-30.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.