Ruger #1 and my Bursa .380

KMT2KMT2 MemberPosts: 293 Member
Well some time back I had lubed the new 450 marlin well the stock would not reattach. I struggled with it for hours. With that being done I said nope and took it to Bachelder Master Gunmaker Inc.  GunSmithing here inGR. (up shameless advertising there) and well They called me today to say she is repaired.
 Seems that Ruger had a goof on the pivot pin and screw. So that replaced and set to go.
 The bursa, was not firing , so I had to get a key from the company. Still was not getting any thing done I let the above company review it.
 It seems that the gun has a chamber that , is still in spec but is questionable on for how li=ong. The test fired the  gun for 5 rounds and it operates.
 They told me that the chamber looks to be near is operational end. Of which I laughed due to the gun has only had 5 rounds trough it.
 Dad carried is but never fired it.
 So now I need to contact Bursa and have them send me a new barrel due to their manufacture mess.
 I'm hoping it is free and not going to cost me much.
 But then again It is not really a gun I will carry often. It was dad's and I just want it usable.

If you think OHSA is a little town in Wisconsin you may be in trouble!
Peace is firing my guns or 60 feet below the surface of the water.

Replies

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,802 Senior Member
    Fwiw.... Bersa
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    edited March 8 #3
    I lost you somewhere back there. At first you were talking about a Ruger Number 1, then a 450 Marlin. I presume you mean a Ruger Number 1 chambered in 450 Marlin. If so, I bet that's a body slammer from hell. No wonder it's had only 5 rounds fired through it. I have a friend that has one in .375 H&H. He doesn't shoot it much anymore and just keeps it he says because he always wanted one. He tried to get me to shoot it one time but I refused, LOL!!! He also wanted to trade it to me for a Browning Citori I have. That's a no go too. My 9.3x62 built on a Ruger old style tang safety Model 77 slams me all I want to be slammed. I be's a Recoil Woos.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • KMT2KMT2 Member Posts: 293 Member
    Snake, I had two guns at the shop. one a #1 and the other a bursa .380. 
     The bursa had only 5 rounds tough it and the chamber is blown.

The 450 marlin are a pusher, I have one in a lever as well and they are stout but will push you.
     But it is easy to fix the abuse.
     I wear a limb saver shoulder pad. and it knocks it down greatly
    If you think OHSA is a little town in Wisconsin you may be in trouble!
    Peace is firing my guns or 60 feet below the surface of the water.