Is it too early to talk about the SE shoot?

Replies

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 141 Member
    Is that Matheus I the background?  I think that is how his name was spelled.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,104 Senior Member
    Mythaeus? Yes.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 141 Member
    Thanks.  He has not posted in years has he?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,862 Senior Member
    edited March 11 #65
    olesniper said:

I'm glad you saved that video, photo**cket ATE my original

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,862 Senior Member
    Accipiter said:
    Nope
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,922 Senior Member
    Don't think this has been mentioned and y'all may thinks its a crazy idea. We stop ever so often to fix targets etc. What if we paused every 20 to 30 minutes to pick up all the brass we can find. Would beat having to do it all at the end of the day or the next morning. Once we finish at the end of the day go over it with a fine tooth comb and pick the rest up.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,272 Senior Member
    Accipiter said:
    Curious how you recognize a member who's last activity was well before you joined. been lurking that long or were you here previously under another name?

Sako 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,605 Senior Member
    I was wondering much the same thing.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,248 Senior Member
    I sure would like to come, but at my age, I don't trust my driving for more than about 75 miles.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    Gene L said:
    I sure would like to come, but at my age, I don't trust my driving for more than about 75 miles.
    I don't know where you are, but you might be able to catch a ride with someone...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member

OK- - - -I dropped by the motel today and gave them a heads-up about the shoot.  I'm not sure how much of a discount they'll be able to give, but it's usually a pretty good one, considering the number of rooms we rent and the fact that most of the reservations end up being for more than one night. 

Call direct- - - -don't use the Motel 6 reservation system, and mention the "Southeast Shoot" to get our group rate.  I've told them some folks might start arriving as early as Thursday, May 23rd. and possibly staying through Sunday night, the 26th.  They're good with whatever night(s) you want to reserve.  Nick at the sandwich shop says if we want to have another cookout at the pool area that's OK too.  As always, any business we can throw his way during the weekend would be appreciated- - - -these folks really make an effort to accommodate is. 

Motel 6

2400 US Hwy. 64 East

Pulaski TN

931-363-4501

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Gene, if you're anywhere near I-75, there's usually a veritable convoy headed our way from the Florida/south Georgia area.  I'm sure somebody would probably have room for a hitch- hiker.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Thanks for touching base with Nick at the Motel 6, Jerry. That sandwich shop served a right good breakfast, and their other stuff is good eats, too.
    I'll most likely arrive on Thursday and do some 'alchemy' out at the range on Friday, and help get the stuff set up at the range. Going to bring my metal detector and do some searching for brass, too. That way the party favors will all be mixed beforehand and I won't have that mess all over me. Having aluminum powder on hands and pants and shirt and shooting is a little unsafe. Streakin' across the field with shirt and pants on fire might be entertaining as long as it's not YOUR shirt and pants on fire! Got to get down to the pond and get some cane poles to hang Tannerite targets from, too. That will make it easier to pick up the residual stuff as it will be in a line and not scattered willy nilly.
    And if you don't get that zero turn lawnmower ready in time, I can bring my riding mower to clear off the shooting line to make brass cleanup easier.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I will not be attending this years SE Shoot due to health issues.

Please take a lot of pics and post them along with all the stories that go with them.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Aw man, it just won't be the same without you, BC!

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,936 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:

Please take a lot of pics and post them along with all the stories that go with them.
    You guys are making me feel like a leper. Get well soon Chief.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,227 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    That sucks! I know the past year has been rough for you. I hope things are getting better.
    Get better, Big Chief! Gonna  miss you at the shoot. Us fellers 'of a certain vintage' gotta keep them young pups in line!
    I think I'll be doing a lot if picture taking and not much shooting this year, but I'll bringing some different stuff if someone wants ta shoot it. 

If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:

o:)     get better hey
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,697 Senior Member
    Doe's anyone keep in touch with farm boy deuce or the other Joe from Ohio? Joe made it sound like his coming was a sure thing.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,227 Senior Member
    I got both their numbers. I will give them a shout.
    I'll text JBOhio too. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,669 Senior Member
    We will not be attending this year.  We will be visiting Europe.  You all have a BLAST and post lots of pictures.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    JB seems to think he needs to earn a living, no go.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member
    ..........And once again I am sad to report that I wont be attending. Mum, my sisters and I are in a protracted legal battle with lawyers over dads estate.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,061 Senior Member
    orchidman said:
    ..........And once again I am sad to report that I wont be attending. Mum, my sisters and I are in a protracted legal battle with lawyers over dads estate.
    Sorry to hear that...I just hate that kind of stuff
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    orchidman said:
    Sorry to hear about the legal troubles over the estate. I was hoping you'd be able to attend this year. I'm missing my brother from New Zealand.

orchidman said:

Well, crap, the list grows, hope you can get things resolved amicably
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,731 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    orchidman said:

Well, crap, the list grows, hope you can get things resolved amicably
    Slim chance........but there is hope.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Hmmmmm- - - - -maybe you need to organize a "Kiwi Shoot" to intimidate your adversaries.  I'll bet a bunch of old redneck geezers could give the Maori a run for their money when it comes to making threatening faces and gestures!

LOL!

Jerry