Is it too early to talk about the SE shoot?

124»

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,545 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    We will not be attending this year.  We will be visiting Europe.  You all have a BLAST and post lots of pictures.
    That's another disappointment, we really enjoyed y'all stopping by on your way home.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,740 Senior Member
    orchidman said:
    ..........And once again I am sad to report that I wont be attending. Mum, my sisters and I are in a protracted legal battle with lawyers over dads estate.
    Sorry to hear this. Hope everything turns out well for you.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
    Diver43 said:
    We will not be attending this year.  We will be visiting Europe.  You all have a BLAST and post lots of pictures.
    Dude.........Europe ain't going anywhere.
    Picked up a 100 ct. bag of heavy duty Chinet paper platters and a 60 person box of knives, forks, and spoons.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,118 Senior Member
    Foons and Sporks?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,056 Senior Member
    Ms. Anastasia is confirmed. I am working on Jbohio. Nicolai is 99% probable. I am sure Jeffsgks is coming. I will get hold of Farmboy this weekend.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,545 Senior Member
    Ms. Anastasia is confirmed. I am working on Jbohio. Nicolai is 99% probable. I am sure Jeffsgks is coming. I will get hold of Farmboy this weekend.

Is Mrs. Jerm coming this time? She was sounding like a pretty solid maybe in November.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    It is a possibility. Logistically, I am not sure how it will work though.
    Hey Teach,
    Are you or Debbie going to cook chicken legs? 
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,268 Senior Member
    Yep, legs and thighs are on the menu- - - -I just can't figure out why people try to eat wings when there's other parts of a chicken that actually have meat on 'em!
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    10-4
    I'll load up on legs, vacuum seal and freeze a bunch. I could get thighs but what I saw had a lot of fat on T-Rex sized thighs.
    Breasts...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    White meat gets pretty dry and chewy on a gas grill unless it's marinated for quite a while.  Legs and thighs have enough fat on them to cook all the way through without drying out in the middle.
    Now that I didn't know, Teach. I'm so *NOT* a cook. Thanx! {BOW HERE}

Yea... white meat needs short and quick cooking to stay moist. Dark meat is meant for grilling!
    edited March 21 #107
    I worked 9 years at a place (hint: Greek for grandma-- with stores in Michigan and Florida) that grilled whole chickens, then cut them up in front of the customers. I got some crazy knife skills after that adventure and managed to prep and cook several hundred thousand chickens successfully. I actually cooked chicken for the Rolling Stones.

The dark meat always takes some more cooking and the white meat is the first to dry out. Dark meat is actually better slightly overcooked because the collagen starts to break down and gelatinize.

All grills/griddles/ovens have hot and cool spots. The trick is to know where they are and use them to your advantage. 

edited March 21 #108
    Nana's? Giagia's?

edited March 21 #109
    I got nothing bad to say about them. The founders helped me get through college, get started in construction, and buy my first truck. Anyway, good folks back in the 90's. The kids took over now. Their food was fantastic! It is definitely different today.

Americanized spelling - which makes sense here. Cool beans!

Just vacuum sealed and tossed into the freezer, 7 bags of chicken legs, 8 to a bag. Half are doused with a BBQ dry rub. Got 3 slabs of baby back ribs. Pealing the silver skin, dry rub, and a trip through the slow cooker. First I'm cooking a 4th slab for my self...........purley for test purposes. My slow cooker seems to run a little hotter than others and I need to see how much time they need..........really. When they come out of the cooker, the plan is to let them cool and dry, then vacuum seal and freeze them.
    Sounds like a winner!  I'm headed for Virginia again this year to the annual get-together of the old Chevy truck website (Think SE Shoot with antique trucks instead of guns) and I'll be taking some vacuum-sealed pulled pork along with me.     
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 69 Member
    One of our favorite things to grill is thighs.  Cheap and delicious.  Simple recipe.  Rub down with Lowry’s seasoned salt.  Wet pecan wood on the coals and direct grill bone side down first.  Top off pecan and do skin side down finish to 160.  Smokey and perfectly cooked crispy skin when done.  Plenty of smoked flavor.  Better than any smokehouse out there.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,467 Senior Member
    Mentioned it to my wife and she wants to go this year........ not necessarily to see any of you guys though  :#

She wants to go so we can stop at the Arrington Vineyards again on Sunday.

http://www.arringtonvineyards.com/

So I'll put in for a vacation day for Friday and see what happens
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Tennessee has several small wineries, and Arrington is one of the better ones.  I'm seeing a lot of the land that used to be used to grow tobacco repurposed for grapevines.  That would certainly be a lot less labor-intensive crop.
    edited March 24 #116
    Teach said:
    Tennessee has several small wineries, and Arrington is one of the better ones.  I'm seeing a lot of the land that used to be used to grow tobacco repurposed for grapevines.  That would certainly be a lot less labor-intensive crop.
    The first time we went, we tried to go to other wineries but most were closed on Sundays and Memorial Day.

You wouldn't want to be open when the majority of your customers are off work and travelling
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    She is coming for the Bum Wine and she knows it.
    Hung some new glass on the Savage..........might try the 300yd. shot, this year.

She is coming for the Bum Wine and she knows it.
    Well our visits to wineries is called her 'Wino Tour'..... and she married a bum.
    olesniper said:
    Hung some new glass on the Savage..........might try the 300yd. shot, this year.

Better get 'er zeroed, if you want a chance against THIS bunch!

edited 1:36AM #121
    So, anybody bringing a rifle chambered in .577 Tyrannosaur? :D ;)

124»