CATARACT UPDATE

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 4,492 Senior Member
First a big thanks to all for your prayers, advice, and comments, it really helped knowing what to expect. Surgery went well, contrary to what i thought the doc did not put me under, I was wide awake through the whole thing but was kinda in la la land, 15 minutes after I was up and walking around and went home. My distance vision is almost perfect and gets better each day, I will still need glasses to read but I can live with that. The worst part of the surgery is the eye drops, 5 different ones 3, 4, & 5 times a day and 1 use as needed and having to sleep with a plastic eye patch taped to my head. Once i get done with the right eye I go back and start all over with the left on Mar. 25.

Once again thanks to all of you.

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,816 Senior Member
    Glad everything went well with your eye surgery. Your vision WILL clear up the next few days. I have to wear reading glasses, too, but that's a small price to pay for having clear SHARP distance vision. Sure helped with my shooting!

The eye patch taped to your haidbone over the eye at nigh is a nuisance, but you won't have to wear it long.

Something I forgot to mention about after surgery and healing. Your eye will probably have a really crusty sticky mess on it every morning for a few days. A washcloth with warm water and a closed eye to wipe it off and you're good to go.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,010 Senior Member
    Good to hear, I'm glad all went well! Like most procedure's these days, the anticipation is worse than the actual event!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,486 Senior Member

I'm glad it went well, Jay.

FWIW, I thought I had cataracts one time.  Then I realized I was wearing my wife's glasses.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,904 Senior Member
    good news
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,062 Senior Member
    Great news Jay. One down and one to go...hang in there.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,101 Senior Member
    welcome back.

im surprised you were not asked to come back in the next day for a post op checkup?

in any case, yes, you are not out to sleep through the op.  but you get a chance to feel/hear whats going on.

dont forget to practice your best Pirate "argh matey"  

i think once this one is all and done, you will be happy to get the other done and have brand new eyes.

Did they give you the card with the lens info?  it has a s/n on it and its etched? on the lens.  Dont loose it just in case there is a "recall". 

good luck and fast healing.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,492 Senior Member
    ilove22s said:
    welcome back.

im surprised you were not asked to come back in the next day for a post op checkup?

Yep, I did go back the next day for the checkup and again in 7 days

in any case, yes, you are not out to sleep through the op.  but you get a chance to feel/hear whats going on.

Yep ya can feel and hear, the whole time the doc was talking to me, but there was no pain.

dont forget to practice your best Pirate "argh matey"

Thats the cry ya make when they keelhaul ya  

i think once this one is all and done, you will be happy to get the other done and have brand new eyes.

I already see a big difference my distance vision is almost 100%, another thing is color, with the left eye everything has a slight green tint with the right color is true.

Did they give you the card with the lens info?  it has a s/n on it and its etched? on the lens.  Dont loose it just in case there is a "recall".

Yeah i do have a card with a s/n, power, length, and optic 

good luck and fast healing.

JAY

• Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,119 Senior Member
    I'm delighted to hear that everything went well!  After the other eye's done, you'll think you're a new man again.  Keep on truckin' !!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,672 Senior Member
    Glad to hear things went well and you're progressing nicely
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,534 Senior Member
    Great news Jay
    Now that your distance vision is better can you see us waving from Broward County?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,492 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    Great news Jay
    Now that your distance vision is better can you see us waving from Broward County?
    Yeah Ron, but I had to climb a flagpole to see you.

JAY
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    Pleased everything worked out  well. Next the other one.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?