Morning visitors

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,584 Senior Member

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,440 Senior Member
    Wow!!!! That's some good eats.

You can hunt moose in Colorado, but there aren't many of them. And most hang out in town where you can't shoot them. 

As to table-fare, I'd trade every deer I've ever shot for a single moose. (Tip of the hat to JerryBobCo's wife.....that was an incredible meal).

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 69 Member
    “Lucky”said in my best Napoleon Dynamite.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    Nuisance crop destroying moose! Protect your crops!
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,584 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Nuisance crop destroying moose! Protect your crops!
    Funny, but they were ripping off the branches of several apple trees. 

Ayn Rand
    Oh, I know why they were in your yard, you should be furiously skinning and cutting up moose instead of posting pictures, it's like they want you to eat them when they are that close to your shed door, easiest moose you would ever pack out :D
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

As to table-fare, I'd trade every deer I've ever shot for a single moose. (Tip of the hat to JerryBobCo's wife.....that was an incredible meal).

Mike
    Agreed, I shot a bull about ten years ago...the meat was the best I've ever had. 

Ayn Rand
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Oh, I know why they were in your yard, you should be furiously skinning and cutting up moose instead of posting pictures, it's like they want you to eat them when they are that close to your shed door, easiest moose you would ever pack out :D
    Oh man, the stain on the driveway would be epic. Think Fargo woodchipper scene. 

Ayn Rand
    .22, headshot, and a big tarp, sayin' o:)  
    This is to give it some scale. That's a 2002 S-10. 

Ayn Rand
    There you go, no way you want to load one of those in the S-10 with the garage door so close....
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,837 Senior Member
    Pesky ungulates...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,816 Senior Member
    Hey, Moose. Why the long face? :)
    That's a whole lotta meat on the hoof.  Shoulda shot 'em. Yummy steaks and chops and roasts. :)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,118 Senior Member
    What about the squirrel?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,837 Senior Member
    It's an event when we have deer and turkeys and the occasional bear show up in the yard...moose on the other hand would be kinda epic

Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    I'e never hunted moose, but I once slowly backed away from three around daylight in Grand Lake, Colorado beside a dumpster. We caught each other by surprise, and they won. They gave no ground, while I couldn't give it up fast enough.

Mike

KSU Firefighter
    Why the four of us were attracted to a dumpster at daylight is beyond me, But, if I'm gonna shoot a moose, it'll be in Grand Lake, Colorado. Beside a dumpster.

Mike
    KSU Firefighter
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,816 Senior Member
    Why the four of us were attracted to a dumpster at daylight is beyond me, But, if I'm gonna shoot a moose, it'll be in Grand Lake, Colorado. Beside a dumpster.

Mike
    Maybe some vegans threw out some old vegetables and the moose (mooses, meeces) smelled that.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.