Jaguar will NOT be put down after attacking a woman who climbed over a fence at an Arizona zoo to ta

2»

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,927 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    Jayhawker said:
    That seems strangely similar to the stories many Fish and Game Departments were using to discount the fact that mountain lion populations were expanding into places they had not been seen in decades...
    Yep.  The rancher that runs cattle on my property finds large chunks of carcasses in the crooks of trees every once in a while.  But there are not supposed to be any mountain lions in that area.

guess the coyotes learned how to climb trees.
    Well, they can climb, but not with large chunks of carcasses.

Much broadside for a lengthy time with that coyote...........
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Gene L said:
    Well, they can climb, but not with large chunks of carcasses.

Much broadside for a lengthy time with that coyote...........
    That coyote looks like it's in a fruit tree loaded with fruit, and the limbs look like they're low enough for a coyote, or dog to access the branches. I've seen red and gray foxes do the same thing in my fruit trees when the fruit was ripe. And groundhogs are adept tree climbers, too. If a groundhog is being pursued by a dog, they can shinny up a tree pretty darned quick, and then sit on a limb and whistle obscenities at the dog.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.