Fluky hip question

coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior MemberPosts: 6,460 Senior Member
So, my left hip has decided to make life "interesting" and has developed a habit of refusing to work as needed... when this happens, there is near excruciating pain, and next to zero strength or support in the left leg above the knee, often to the point of almost collapsing.  Usually a short time later, everything is back to normal, with a little weakness and only minimal discomfort to remind me that anything happened.  This can happen multiple times per day, or not at all for several days.  I've got an appointment set for later this month, but thought I'd ask here first, because that's what we do.  
"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
George Carlin

Replies

• wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,002 Senior Member
    Pinched nerve???  I've had good luck with a chiropractor over the years..

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,968 Senior Member
    your lower spine klunk a lot and it goes away for a bit.?
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,862 Senior Member
    Yep, sounds like a nerve issue to me as well
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,936 Senior Member
    Slipped w/o falling, fell, shoveling? Pretty much all I have been working on since January, probably strained an adductor(groin), can turn into bursitis, Ice 10 on and one hour off, get it adjusted.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 2,184 Senior Member
    edited March 14 #6
    Have you ever had a back injury? It could be coming back to haunt you.

Did you do a lot of running or athletics when you were young?
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,148 Senior Member
    If you have a spinal injury at L-4-5 it's possible that you have a nerve compression there that would cause those exact symptoms.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,375 Senior Member
    Are you left handed? 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 2,184 Senior Member
    Have you ever cried at a midnight screening of Cats?
    :'(
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,460 Senior Member
    My original thought when this first happened was that the joint dislocated somehow, but I now agree that a pinched nerve is the most likely culprit.  I'm not left handed, but my wife is... I suppose it's possible she's cried at a screening of cats, but it seems unlikely she would have waited until midnight. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin