Quantum Mechanics

earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,606 Senior Member
I was trying to get my son excited about this part of physics awhile back. Trying to help him see the possibilities if the theories are true. Its almost like finding out magic is real. Not really but almost. What kid hasn't fantasized about time travel???
https://www.sciencealert.com/physicists-successfully-put-time-into-reverse-on-the-smallest-scale/amp

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    That IS interesting!
    Hey, Early, introduce your son to these articles on time travel and access to alternate universes using black holes. Pretty interesting stuff!

If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,606 Senior Member
    Very cool!
    His interest in Marvel Comic fiction and video games has kindled some predisposed fascination for some forms of science and history. Black holes, time travel, and WWII being most prevalent. Sometimes I can influence the direction of his imagination to seek out more information, sometimes not.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 2,184 Senior Member
    First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price?

- S. R. Hadden
    Houston we have "Contact"

Most kids get interested in science at an early age. The interest begins to wane when they become aware of the math involved. That's when they decide it's not their cup of tea.

After all, tea is easier to master than Tensors.
    :o
    Beware of false knowledge -- it is often more dangerous than ignorance.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Science can be deadly, though. This is a sordid example of that.

:smiley:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,735 Senior Member
    I thought you bought one of these and needed some advice.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,606 Senior Member
    I need to Google that van. There may be one in my future.