Vortex SPARC AR Red Dot

MichakavMichakav Senior MemberPosts: 2,411 Senior Member
edited March 14 in General Firearms #1
Anybody using one? Opinions on it? Looking for a red dot for the AR pistol and got a coupon code for $80 off ($128 after shipping). 

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/171896

Coupon code - ammoseek

Replies

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 61 Member
    I can not speak for the Sparc, but I run the spitfire on 2 ar pistols.  I am happy with those and own at least 5 other vortex scopes.  I have been happy with each of them.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,834 Senior Member
    edited March 14 #3
    I have a Sparc II on my AR pistol....also had one on my Patrol rifle when I was on the PD in Kansas.  Good quality, easy to zero, great battery life, auto shutoff in case you inadvertently leave it on...provisions to mount it in order to co-witness with BUIS are included...no complaints
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,411 Senior Member
    edited March 14 #4
    Jayhawker said:
    I have a Sparc II on my AR pistol....also had one on my Patrol rifle when I was on the PD in Kansas.  Good quality, easy to zero, great battery life, auto shutoff in case you inadvertently leave it on...provisions to mount it in order to co-witness with BUIS are included...no complaints

From my research the AR and the II are mostly the same with the AR using a AAA battery and being slimmed down. I will give it a shot for the price.
    Shipped already. Will give an opinion when it arrives. Reviews are great on it.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,586 Senior Member
    I have a sparc II. Currently it's waiting for me to finish my 9mm pistol build. Solid basic red dot. Nothing to complain about. 
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    edited March 19 #7
    Received it Saturday and must say first impressions are really good. All aluminum construction with a rubberized "glove". MUCH slimmed down from the SPARC II! There is literally nothing that can get snagged. The 2moa dot is pretty crisp for the price point and the glass is crystal clear. It comes with a spacer so you can run 1/3 or absolute co-witness.  Up (on)/down (off) are rubberized and very positive. It also came with an Energizer ultimate lithium AAA for what it's worth. Have not shot with it yet but  I am really happy with it for the price I paid. Only downside I can see is that the adjustments are 1moa. Not a big deal to me, but might be to some.
    Coupon code still works as of 3/18