PSA has good deal on 9mm ammo

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,981 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,092 Senior Member
    Now *that* is a screaming deal!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,768 Senior Member
    edited March 15 #3
    That IS a good deal!

Edit to add: I ordered some. :)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,981 Senior Member
    edited March 15 #4
    tennmike said:
    That IS a good deal!

Your Ruger Carbine will be well fed for a good awhile................. :)

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief said:
    tennmike said:
    That IS a good deal!

Your Ruger Carbine will be well fed for a good awhile................. :)

That's a definite possibility! :)
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,215 Senior Member
    Noticed last night that my local Wally World has Winchester 115 GR 9 MM in 150 round boxes for $22.97.......that comes out to $0.15 per round.
    edited March 16 #7
    My local Mal*Wart has 200 rd boxes of Federal aluminum for $33.63 - about 16 cents per round if your gun can digest aluminum, some can't. Not quite as good, but still good. Have to pay sales tax though.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Aluminum is the only thing I have found so far that my pistols don't like.
    I have yet to find a pistol of mine that won't digest it - but my nephew and I were discussing this just last nite. His mother has a Beretta 92, and it can't fire 3 rounds of aluminum in a row without a problem. Then there's steel...

Mine will eat steel all day long, but aluminum gives them occasional heartburn.......I am wondering if the aluminum expands just enough from the heat of the powder burning to be a problem in a gun with tighter tolerances.
    Its my understanding that aluminum doesn't have the "snap back" that brass does. Somebody who knows more about this than I do may want to comment...

zorba said:
    Its my understanding that aluminum doesn't have the "snap back" that brass does. Somebody who knows more about this than I do may want to comment...
    Unless overpressurized by a hot load, brass will expand to fill the chamber and then contract to near unfired size. Aluminum doesn't have that ability to contract back near as much as aluminum. And aluminum cased ammo comes in different coatings, or no coating at all. I have some old aluminum case 9mm rounds that are basically raw aluminum. They are harder to extract than brass because the aluminum cases aren't as highly polished. I also have some 9mm aluminum cases with a very thin coating on them that is some kind of polymer coating. It makes the aluminum case slicker and makes extraction easier.
    And raw aluminum cases oxidize over time making them harder to extract when fired. Aluminum oxide is an abrasive. :)