Home Main Category General Firearms

My luck is holding,"won" a new Glock

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 12,622 Senior Member
Went to the Ducks Unlimited banquet and did exceptionally well,  have not had much luck with this banquet in awhile, Glock 19 Gen 4 and the Glock knife and 3 magazines, a gas Jiffy Ice Auger,  a Yeti 35 cooler that came with a 1in150 chance on a new Chevy truck, and troll #4 picked the Barnett sling shot off the Greenwing table,  very blessed we are.

I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Awesome congrats!

i have no such luck.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,622 Senior Member
    Pffft, says the guy harvesting exotic game  in March
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,890 Senior Member
    Congrats!! At least this time I'm not so jealous since it's, well, you know, a Glock  :p

Sako
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,748 Senior Member
    You got the 'unlimited' part wraped up like a fat bundle!
    sakodude said:
    Congrats!! At least this time I'm not so jealous since it's, well, you know, a Glock  :p

Sako
    It is my second,  I dutifully drank some kool-aid tonight when I got home, takes the edge off ;) .
    You got the 'unlimited' part wraped up like a fat bundle!
    Our table did well in general,  two Yeti coolers besides ours, a Howa in 6.5, Daiwa fishing package,  bunch O' gear for fishing, a nice Browning bird hunting vest too.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,905 Senior Member
    Awesome  congrats
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,089 Senior Member
    Congrats
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    You have the luck of the Irish................when you got home did you put on a green hat and dance in the moon light.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Diver43 said:
    Awesome  congrats
    knitepoet said:
    Congrats
    Big Chief said:
    You have the luck of the Irish................when you got home did you put on a green hat and dance in the moon light.
    Thank guys, too icy out to dance in the moonlight BC, maybe in a couple weeks.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,654 Senior Member
    I thought that was "Dance with the devil in the pale moonlight".
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    I thought that was "Dance with the devil in the pale moonlight".
    That's not happening.
    Anything anyone would suggest for the Glock 19 as an upgrade, add-on, or modification? The  adjustable rear sight and front night sight has some appeal. IWB tuckable holster to recommend?
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,712 Senior Member
    I missed this thread;    I see it comes with a bayonet, too.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    NN said:
    I missed this thread;    I see it comes with a bayonet, too.
    Could probably drill some holes and figure out a mount, the boys were a bit to excited about this idea :#. Everybody is now an expert on swapping magazines, I think they like it.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,962 Senior Member
    I'm digging that auger, very useful.
    ;)
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Spk said:
    I'm digging that auger, very useful.
    ;)
    Looking for fish!
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 769 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Anything anyone would suggest for the Glock 19 as an upgrade, add-on, or modification? The  adjustable rear sight and front night sight has some appeal. IWB tuckable holster to recommend?
    How about sell it to a friend??
    CHIRO1989 said:
    The kids are all over it, might be a better carry option for me too once I shoot it, sorry, go to a banquet and buy some chances :) .
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 769 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    The kids are all over it, might be a better carry option for me too once I shoot it, sorry, go to a banquet and buy some chances :) .
    Only if you come with me, I need your luck
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    rberglof said:
    Nice!
    Thanks! BTW, we have a gun show coming up in April, if you are heading East on 94 soon, let me know.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Check out Dawson Precision and Night Fission sights. 

For holsters, well, Tenacor, Tier 1, Phlster, Raven Concealment, CNC Holsters, to name a few. 
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Dang, man.  That's a serious pull.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    JasonMPD said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Check out Dawson Precision and Night Fission sights. 

For holsters, well, Tenacor, Tier 1, Phlster, Raven Concealment, CNC Holsters, to name a few. 
    Thank you very much.
    Six-Gun said:
    Dang, man.  That's a serious pull.
    Yeah, sometimes you don't go home with gloves and 50#'s of dog food.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    rberglof said:
    Nice!
    Thanks! BTW, we have a gun show coming up in April, if you are heading East on 94 soon, let me know.
    Will probably have to go to California next month, mother in law now in hospice.

Where and when is the gun show?
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,854 Senior Member
    You need to buy some lottery tickets!!!! Good job!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
    rberglof said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    rberglof said:
    Nice!
    Will probably have to go to California next month, mother in law now in hospice.

Where and when is the gun show?
    I will inbox you when I figure out the date.
    bellcat said:
    You need to buy some lottery tickets!!!! Good job!
    I don't what i would do if I had to quit working.