Home Main Category Clubhouse

Social media for a good cause

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,493 Senior Member
Background: Vero Beach woman sprays fisherman with water for wade fishing in front of her dock. He's there legally. She calls the cops, they find out she is wrong, spraying him with water is battery (among other things,) and he presses charges. Oh, and it makes the news.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/vero-beach-woman-claims-she-owns-water-sprays-fisherman-with-hose

Enter social media. Turns out she's done this before. Word spreads and an event is organized. This Saturday, over 400 people have said they will "Fish Joyce's Dock." The name of the Facebook group. I love the interwebs.
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Now 696.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    I've had home owners tell me that the fish in the lake are theirs if the fish are in front of their property.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    So have I. On a public lake. While at work.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    You gotta love folks like that woman that think the sun rises and sets in the crack between their glutes. :D:D:D 
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    Sounds like she is about to get what she deserves.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    She's getting hosed?
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    Florida...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,094 Senior Member
    edited March 2019 #9
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

zorba said:
    Florida...
    You mean like California where the rich and famous that don't own the beach try to keep people off the beach in front of their homes? :D:D:D:D:D
    ― Douglas Adams
    Or New York, New Jersey, Hilton Head, SC, etc...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,966 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    You gotta love folks like that woman that think the sun rises and sets in the crack between their glutes. :D:D:D 
    That's narcissism for you, very common these days.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

That's within easy driving distance, I'd drive down there to see the fun but I'm sure it'll be a Charlie Foxtrot of the 1st order!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    They're supposed to be live streaming it on FB live, I plan on watching some of it. It should be interesting ;)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Looks like a nice group of boats have shown up so far :lol:

zorba said:
    That's within easy driving distance, I'd drive down there to see the fun but I'm sure it'll be a Charlie Foxtrot of the 1st order!

Let's hope it's a big cluster......

Of people :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• AccipiterAccipiter New Member Posts: 885 Senior Member
    They should keep it up daily.
    Apparently free thought is punished, and conformity is required, while peckerless cowards run the show.

ECHO...ECHO....echo...

Ah......One savors the hypocrisy!

Karma.........It’s a bitch.
    I wonder if this "Joyce" knows this is coming.

Sounds like she was being racist also. If that's the case, then I hope he goes ahead with the charges.

zorba said:
    I wonder if this "Joyce" knows this is coming.
    Oh yeah, she knew it was coming. Word is that she is 'out of town for the weekend'. I bet her husband wants to shove a dirty sock down her throat. They own a Shell gas station not far from there. I  bet their gas sales to fishermen bottoms out.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Well, she has her 15 minutes.

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

edited March 2019 #22
    Well, now the guy that got hosed @ Joyce's dock to start all of this turned on the guy that promoted the "fish in" and is getting SLAMMED on social media.
    At times I was having trouble reading the HATE on his page fast enough to keep up.

It seems Tony (the victim???) only went along with all of it so he could sell the rights to his video to viral hog

"Social Media"...

Ah, but someone did bring an air mattress to the fish-in.
    Overkill is underrated.
    "Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."
    The laws down in FL and other places about fishing around docks from a boat are pretty dumb. I can see wade fishing as being a 'trespass' on private property if the owner of the dock also owns the submerged property under and around it. Or if it is a private harbor dredged from dry land. But from a boat fishing the piers where this incident occurred, as long as one is in a boat, and never drops an anchor (trespass) or 'molests the dock' then it's a pretty dumb thing to act like a damned fool about someone fishing around a dock. The owner of the dock does not own the water or the fish around it. Water moves, so claiming that you 'own the water' could be construed as meaning that you own the whole of the river from your dock downstream, or the whole ocean, since the water may at one time have been around your dock. Pretty dumb, but having fished around docks in FL, TN, GA, and AL, I have met some folks that are Anus Chapeaus Extraordinaire that don't know the laws but go with 'I gots my raights!' :D
    ― Douglas Adams