Home Main Category Clubhouse

Critical decision for this youth!

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,054 Senior Member
Came across a youth who had to make a snap critical decision in his life!   What’s more important having to pee bad enough mom stops the SUV on the side of a country road or watching/playing whatever's on his smart phone?

I was driving home the other night and was between Jacksboro and Olney TX (middle of nowhere) and an SUV pulled over. This kid jumps out and the dance started. He was trying to get his fly down, but couldn’t stop watching/playing what was on his phone. He stood in place dancing faster and faster trying to get his two hands and brain to multi-task at two different things and wasn't succeeding at the one or both of them.  His struggle was real, what was more important at that critical moment in his life, peeing or watching/playing what was on his phone! I just chuckled and shook my head as I drove by. I’m betting he wet himself or at least partially wet himself!  :D:D:D
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I would have laid on the horn just as I passed him, just to help things along.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,826 Senior Member
    Guess there's not an app yet for pee pee dance!! :)
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    {Insert rant here about stupid, moronic smart fones and their addicted owners.}
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    It ain't the phone.  It's the idiot in front of the screen.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Back before folks became wimps when a guy on the passenger side needed some relief the driver just slowed to around 30 mph. The passenger opened the door, put right knee on edge of seat, unzipped pants, Freed Willy, and let 'er rip. The alternative to that was a gallon milk jug or empty antifreeze jug under the seat for such emergencies. Common sense is so rare it seems like a superpower to those that don't have it. :D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,826 Senior Member
    Back in the day, my old 55 Chevy had a big hole in the floor of the passenger side!! Just lift the floor mat and try not to dribble on the seat!! Great way to dispose of empty beer cans, too!!
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 3,966 Senior Member
    There's a Depends customer for life...... Once he graduates from his Pull-ups.

Hey Mike, you forgot about the empty 40 bottles in the back seat that are quite common in those back country roads.
    :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Ask a fighter pilot who gets his ground crew upset at him what happens when a piece of rag gets shoved about a foot down his relief tube!
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    I've always wanted to know how the female pilots manage that.

We used to tell new ground crew members the relief tube was the backup intercom between the pilot and RIO/BN/etc., then write a fake discrepancy ticket and have them go test the system...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,941 Senior Member
    Maybe he peed on his phone.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member

A 6'4" tall KC-135 pilot on Okinawa made a maintenance form entry "Relief can too short".  The crew chief sighed it off as "Code 799" (no malfunction) "Operational check satisfactory- - - -suggest user should stand closer!".

LOL! Jerry

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    High five for us flip fone users! They've turned an entire nation into palm zombies! So funny going to a restaurant or any public place and watching friends and families just sit in silence as they stare sheeplike into their palms. 
    Its just disgusting.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    High five for us flip fone users! They've turned an entire nation into palm zombies! So funny going to a restaurant or any public place and watching friends and families just sit in silence as they stare sheeplike into their palms. 
    No, they just gave the morons something new to stare slack jawed at. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Too bad excessive cell phone fondling doesn't cause hairy palms..................................
    :D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,921 Senior Member
    There were us four brothers in the back seat...Mom used to keep Coke bottles in the car for us to pee in and would sail the full bottles into the ditch...We got to where we were going without missing a lick.....

Dad would often open a Coke and pass it around the car...when it got back to him he'd eyeball the level...is it wasn't reduced enough he'd pass it around again. He would then top the bottle off with Old Crow, put his thumb over the opening, give it a shake and enjoy his " Cocktail"...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,740 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    I've always wanted to know how the female pilots manage that.

We used to tell new ground crew members the relief tube was the backup intercom between the pilot and RIO/BN/etc., then write a fake discrepancy ticket and have them go test the system...

I read about that back in 1995 or so, IIRC, I believe it was, when they flew from the US (or at least from far away).  The woman in the front seat just stood up as much as she could, pulled down her flight suit and peed.  It was an understanding between her the the pilot.  I remember her call sign was Killer Chick. I think she was a weapons officer.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.