Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

The hidden costs of electric car, and electronic toys, batteries

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,403 Senior Member
  I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Go to steam power- - - - -burn liberals for fuel!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,672 Senior Member
    Nice to see you caring about human rights in other countries Mike. Are you turning liberal on me? Any suggestions on how we improve working conditions for these poor exploited individuals?
    Typical liberal assumption that conservatives have no heart. The difference is that conservatives care about American human rights first and then foreign human rights. Liberals are always foreigners first, Americans second, or maybe last.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,683 Senior Member
    Liberals are always foreigners first, Americans second, or maybe last.
    WORD.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,403 Senior Member
    Nice to see you caring about human rights in other countries Mike. Are you turning liberal on me? Any suggestions on how we improve working conditions for these poor exploited individuals?
    Keep trolling; you'll eventually find that "You're gonna need a bigger boat". I can't say what I want, so I'll say this. I CARE about my fellow man  (and woman, and children) and I don't give a DAMN where they happen to be on this dirtball planet. I don't care the color or the nationality; when I see people abused and exploited, by hatred for the exploiters rises. The exploitation of the poor and uneducated who must work like that are a direct result of the so called Green movement that likes their new whiz-bang electric toys and doesn't give a rat's crusty butt about the rape of the planet as long as their addiction is satiated. I seriously doubt if you could fill my small living room with the Greenies that even have an inkling of the destruction of the planet that is going on to supply their fix, and I'm of a mind to include YOU in that group.

And the coal miners in Appalachia were the SLAVES OF THE RICH DAMNYANKEE INDUSTRIALISTS for damned near a hundred years. So don't be trying to educate me on what it's like in Appalachia, and what I KNOW it was like even when I was growing up.You really don't have a clue about the coal mining and the things that went on during that time. And it's STILL going on; those rich damnyankee industrialists STILL control the mines and STILL don't give a damn about conditions as long as the coal flows out and the money flows into their bank accounts.The government in D.C. you worship barely keeps them in check. Same as the Yankee absentee landlords that had sharecroppers put in their crop for a percentage, paid them some money in advance, and stiffed them when the crop was laid by; that was going on when I was growing up, and had been for a hundred years. And if you take off those rose colored glasses and look with an open mind, you'll see that sharecropping is STILL going on. And it was poor blacks and whites that did it in the beginning, and the same are doing it now.

Might as well hit the wind farm electric generators and solar cells while I'm at it. The wind electric generators use lots of oil, and lots of rare earth metals. The solar cells create a huge mess of toxic waste in production, and more when they are no longer usable and have to be replaced and destroyed. Sometimes I think the Green Movement alternates between LSD and peyote buttons, and does magic mushrooms on the weekends.

― Douglas Adams
    Careful there Mike someone might mistake that post as some anti-capitalistic class warfare. Sure you aren't a closet Bernie Supporter?
    Heads up. YOU make fun of people dying in mining accidents. YOU make light of people left behind to deal with the aftermath of the father,son,brother that died in the mine, and no money for food or shelter. YOU DON'T CARE about anything as long as YOU, and people like YOU get your electric cars and electronic toys. ANYONE that laughs about people that are barely making subsistence survival to provide the raw materials for that mess, and many die, are beaten daily to make the quota, or permanently disabled in the process is a class of people that I want nothing to do with. YOU, and those like you, talk about electric vehicles being the future and IGNORE the damage it is doing to the Earth and to the countries and people where the mining takes place. It doesn't have to be that way but since it's only third world countries and the people in them dying for your CRAP, then YOU DON'T CARE.
    YOU didn't just cross a line, you went over it at the speed of sound.
    YOU seem to like Bernie Sanders a lot since you mention him constantly. Nice to know that you have finally come out of the closet and embraced your love of communism openly. There's a helluva difference between treating people with dignity and respect, and YOUR communist manifesto learned at the feet of that old worthless communist Bernie, but you're too blind to see it.
    ― Douglas Adams
    ..................Trump is all about trade. Well in all these trade deals he could easily demand that anyone who wanted to trade with the US had to maintain specific high levels of legal worker protections and strongly enforce them.....................Maybe you should tweet him and tell him that you care about these poor people dying in the Congo and that he should use his leverage in trade talks with China to improve their working conditions? 
    You must be kidding. Make China be fair to workers? While democraps spout "fairness," they do nothing. At least Trump is giving it the best effort ever by any politician. China is a slave-state, but aside from that, we can't even get them to be fair and not rip us off on intellectual property and fair trade. I like Mike's argument better, because frankly you and your ilk ARE the new communists. You probably wouldn't change your voting habits even if guns were about to be confiscated, and the Constitution altered for the worse.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member

No good deed goes unpunished...
    edited March 2019 #9
    Is he though? From everything I've seen, everything he has pushed for in the negotiations with China has been focused on intellectual property protections which are important, but only benefit the elite. I've seen nothing that remotely touches on labor or environmental protections.

Lets face it Trump or any other Republican politician couldn't care less how many people without power are crushed or killed as long as nothing (including protecting the lives of others) gets in the way of maximizing the flow of wealth to the elite (profits). Their solution for the poor and powerless is "If you break your back for pennies on the dollar and die on the job working hard, maybe someday your grand kids can manage to not live in abject poverty." 

Admittedly few Democratic politicians really care about those things either, but at least they pay lip service to caring about protecting the weak and powerless. 
    Your argument is a joke, right? Is that the best you can do? Besides that, there are national security issues at stake as well as profits. Intellectual property involves military hardware too, but I guess you libs don't give a ##it about that.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Gila said:

YEAH MAN, THAT'S THE KIND OF GREEN MACHINE I WANT!!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,267 Senior Member
    The only reason for this perceived need to go whatever shade of green you care to discuss is the SEVEN BILLION PEOPLE competing for the little this rock has to offer.

The problem is not the 426 Hemi, nor the batteries in a Prius or i-Phone.  The problem is unprotected sex. . .by that couple in the Congo for starters, and by every other couple that had more than two kids.  You really want to start making some human rights improvements?  Stop making more humans.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,683 Senior Member
    Bigslug said:
    You really want to start making some human rights improvements?  Stop making more humans.
    That's right - and organized monotheism of all types will fight you every step of the way!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Bigslug said:
    You really want to start making some human rights improvements?  Stop making more humans.
    That's right - and organized monotheism of all types will fight you every step of the way!
    Yep.  Can't go reducing the number of sheep slapping down their tithes on the collection plate.
    WWJMBD?

What's hilarious is that our resident leftist is posting comments from a device produced by slave labor. 
    Funny thing about libs is they don't often recognize their own hypocrisy, which is part of what makes them monumentally annoying.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    What's hilarious is that our resident leftist is posting comments from a device produced by slave labor. 
    Funny thing about libs is they don't often recognize their own hypocrisy, which is part of what makes them monumentally annoying.

Most of our power in Oregon is hydroelectric generated by dams on the Columbia River. Curiously there is one coal fired plant located next to the river! We also have zero coal mines! I can comprehend a bit of 'Rocket Science' but will never figure out politics!
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member

No good deed goes unpunished...
    Is he though? From everything I've seen, everything he has pushed for in the negotiations with China has been focused on intellectual property protections which are important, but only benefit the elite. I've seen nothing that remotely touches on labor or environmental protections.

Lets face it Trump or any other Republican politician couldn't care less how many people without power are crushed or killed as long as nothing (including protecting the lives of others) gets in the way of maximizing the flow of wealth to the elite (profits). Their solution for the poor and powerless is "If you break your back for pennies on the dollar and die on the job working hard, maybe someday your grand kids can manage to not live in abject poverty." 

Admittedly few Democratic politicians really care about those things either, but at least they pay lip service to caring about protecting the weak and powerless. 
    You made  the claim that you were working for a contractor that had you working for the Navy. IF this was true, then you'd know that the Chinese have been making a lot of the electronics going in our new ships, and specifically the new littoral combat ships. You know, the ones that spend more time at the back end of a towline because the Chinese made turbine engine controls keep crapping out leaving them dead in the water. Other system failures using the Chinese chips and electronics have a highly unacceptable failure rate. Even if you weren't working on anything remotely associated with the littoral ships, the 'scuttlebutt' would have been disseminated far and wide on those failures and what was causing them. Chinese give us crap electronics designed to fail, and use the circuitry plans they STOLE to build good circuitry for themselves.
    Please, for the benefit of all, tell us specifically how that benefits only the elite. That E-3 engine tech on those ships busting his hump trying to get the turbine to fire up would be overjoyed to know that he/she is one of the elite.
    ― Douglas Adams
    Gila said:

Speaking of liberal dumbasses, I guess it's time to point this out to them again:

Sunlight makes plants, algae, and plankton grow.

Plants, algae, and plankton, and the dinosaurs that ate them, turned into coal, oil, and natural gas

Therefore FOSSIL FUELS ARE SOLAR POWER!!  They're even renewable if you give it a hundred million years.
    WWJMBD?

Well, Nancy Pelosi said natural gas was an alternative to fossil fuels, so..................................
    ............................................... :D
    ― Douglas Adams